Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Actually, Europe is the biggest game market for Sony*, not to mention the fact that more PS3 consoles have been sold in Europe** (US has more XBOX360 consoles though, I'll give you that), but that's besides the point.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Sony-Financial-Results,news-28240.html
** http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

 

Also, don't forget class action lawsuits. Companies cannot always bend the law towards their favor.


Europe is not one country and has differing laws in different countries so we can't group them together as a market if we're talking about setting a legal precident.

 

If you're going to quote VG then at least look into it a little further than hardware sales. Especially since we're talking about software sharing. Software sales, where they make more money, FAR AND AWAY are larger for North America than Europe (besides Fifa). Type in the search "console - ps3" and go down the list. It starts from the best sellers and goes down from there. You'll see the trend I'm talking about.

 

The other article you quoted is data from 2008. You would get an F on a research paper in college english for that. The data is obsolete. Also, they're talking about operating income and not direct revenue. That's an F in accounting. Also, the only source that your "source" cites is themselves.


So, no, you're wrong when you say Europe is their biggest market. Follow their marketing decisions and you'll find they follow the money (aka USA/North America).

Message 101 of 117 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 5, 2013
No more arguing.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 102 of 117 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Actually, Europe is the biggest game market for Sony*, not to mention the fact that more PS3 consoles have been sold in Europe** (US has more XBOX360 consoles though, I'll give you that), but that's besides the point.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Sony-Financial-Results,news-28240.html
** http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

 

Also, don't forget class action lawsuits. Companies cannot always bend the law towards their favor.


Europe is not one country and has differing laws in different countries so we can't group them together as a market if we're talking about setting a legal precident.

 

If you're going to quote VG then at least look into it a little further than hardware sales. Especially since we're talking about software sharing. Software sales, where they make more money, FAR AND AWAY are larger for North America than Europe (besides Fifa). Type in the search "console - ps3" and go down the list. It starts from the best sellers and goes down from there. You'll see the trend I'm talking about.

 

The other article you quoted is data from 2008. You would get an F on a research paper in college english for that. The data is obsolete. Also, they're talking about operating income and not direct revenue. That's an F in accounting. Also, the only source that your "source" cites is themselves.


So, no, you're wrong when you say Europe is their biggest market. Follow their marketing decisions and you'll find they follow the money (aka USA/North America).


Is your national pride hurt or what? I didn't say that NA is not an important market. Implying that EU is not an equally important market is silly.


Do you think it's a coincidence that the PS3 is more popular in EU and the XBOX360 is more popular in NA? Do you know how many times I've heard Americans complaining about the fact that 90% of their friends have an XBOX360 but not a PS3? Can you explain that?

We don't live in the 80s/90s anymore, when US was indeed the biggest market by far. I think you need to update your obsolete notions. The European market has been expanded since then (hint: USSR doesn't even exist anymore).

 

Just because Europe/EU is not a single country (yet), it doesn't mean that it's not considered a common market. It's not just NAFTA that has FTA laws, you know.

 

Regarding differing laws, are you telling me that all US states have the exact same laws? It's the same thing with EU countries. There are a lot of disparities, including laws, wages, costs of living and other things.

Do you know that Europe has a bigger population and PS3 consoles/games cost more compared to the US? Exchange rates have changed a lot since 2003, in case you haven't noticed. The euro isn't on par with the dollar anymore and companies like Sony have increased their profits, because the prices haven't changed at all since then.

Anyway, this NA vs EU comparison is pointless IMHO, since BRICs are destined to surpass both NA and EU in a couple of decades. Their economies are growing faster than ours and they have billions of potential customers. Don't get stuck in the past. The world will always change.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 103 of 117 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/09/2012
Offline
131 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013

Alright, what about this one? The dude's got only 14 losses, so it excludes the signing out option. Unless there's some other way you can cheat the game.

 

IMG_0200.JPG

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 104 of 117 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013

X-Offender wrote:

Alright, what about this one? The dude's got only 14 losses, so it excludes the signing out option. Unless there's some other way you can cheat the game.

 

IMG_0200.JPG


1156 kills and 55 Rampants? Sounds like 3TDM boosting.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 105 of 117 (231 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013

tapantaola wrote:


Is your national pride hurt or what? I didn't say that NA is not an important market. Implying that EU is not an equally important market is silly.

 

I disagree that it's currently equally important at this time. The reason: economics, namely disposible income. The US has higher disposible income per capita. http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY_OFFPUB/KS-SF-12-035/EN/KS-SF-12-035-EN.PDF

This is data from 2010 but more recent data is similar. More disposible income means more money can be spent on leisure (i.e. gaming). That's why software sales are larger in North America and in particular the US.

 

I also think gaming is more popular in America right now. I don't think EU is an unimportant market but it isn't 1 or 1a. It's 2. You can hate the truth but it's still the truth.


Do you think it's a coincidence that the PS3 is more popular in EU and the XBOX360 is more popular in NA? Do you know how many times I've heard Americans complaining about the fact that 90% of their friends have an XBOX360 but not a PS3? Can you explain that?

Microsoft is a domestic product.

Xbox 360 gave more bang for your buck early in it's life cycle which lead to people buying what their friends had.

Halo and later Call of Duty became as American as apple pie. People bought the console  their friends had.

PS3 might be slighty more popular hardware wise in EU but software sales still aren't as high.
 

We don't live in the 80s/90s anymore, when US was indeed the biggest market by far. I think you need to update your obsolete notions. The European market has been expanded since then (hint: USSR doesn't even exist anymore).

 

But it's still not as big of a gaming market. If you take all the consoles out currently the software sales aren't even close. NA, and in particular the US, is the number 1 market for games.

 

Just because Europe/EU is not a single country (yet), it doesn't mean that it's not considered a common market. It's not just NAFTA that has FTA laws, you know.

 

orely? Oh and call me when France unifies with another country. That'll be the day.

 

Regarding differing laws, are you telling me that all US states have the exact same laws? It's the same thing with EU countries. There are a lot of disparities, including laws, wages, costs of living and other things.

 

No but by buying the product and accepting the ToS you are bound by the laws of the State in which the company filed their copyright claims. So in this case anyone within the US is basically bound by the same laws.


Do you know that Europe has a bigger population and PS3 consoles/games cost more compared to the US? Exchange rates have changed a lot since 2003, in case you haven't noticed. The euro isn't on par with the dollar anymore and companies like Sony have increased their profits, because the prices haven't changed at all since then.

 

Bigger population that isn't as invested in gaming as a whole... yet. Console and software prices are higher but that doesn't mean Sony has increased their profits. It's likely they haven't change or have only changed slightly since 2003 because of disposible income per capita. The consumer doesn't necessarily have more to spend on products just because the exchange rate changes. Take an economics class. It'll help ya understand business better.


Anyway, this NA vs EU comparison is pointless IMHO, since BRICs are destined to surpass both NA and EU in a couple of decades. Their economies are growing faster than ours and they have billions of potential customers. Don't get stuck in the past. The world will always change.

 

I'm not talking the future. I'm talking the here and now. The US market (I like to include America Jr aka Canada in that market) is the number 1 market currently for gaming.  North America as a whole is even larger. It is what it is.


 

Message 106 of 117 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/25/2013
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013
I think i met him or some similar guy. I wished him good luck with restarting the game and disconnecting after i killed him.
Message 107 of 117 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013
Holy **bleep**. Can we not talk about economics?
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 108 of 117 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013
@never, on his reply to me

The actual thread topic isn't game-sharing, so yes, hoping that I could wear different clothes is a serious note.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 109 of 117 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
562 posts
 

Re: 2300 kills, 0 deaths - player insists stats are legit, lol

Jun 6, 2013

X-Offender wrote:

Alright, what about this one? The dude's got only 14 losses, so it excludes the signing out option. Unless there's some other way you can cheat the game.

 

IMG_0200.JPG


His stats aren't even that good, let alone believable with that KDR....

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 110 of 117 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes