Freakin' awesome idea!!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 49 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: 3 Choice Voting Option

Sep 16, 2012
I think it should be 2 maps, and a random map. That way if 2 crap maps pop up, people can go random. If this 3 definite map option popped up, people would vote LU even when DLC is on (they already do with 2 options!)

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 49 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Sep 16, 2012
omg 5 tickets left and you only have 6.5k e.e
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 49 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1161 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

That's not mine lol its iBiiza's  I just borrowed his video to use the voting picture

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 49 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 16, 2012

It could be a normal map, a flashback map, and a DDMP map. However, if this is implemented like in the thread, I imagine every voting option will be like this:

London Underground

London Underground No Intro

Airstrip or Airstrip No Intro

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 49 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Sep 16, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

brandon207_ wrote:

Great idea! I've been wanting this and 6 players per side to be implemented since day 1 

as in 12 players altogether? Good idea but if you were to do that you'd need much bigger maps as it would be quite cluttered

you wouldnt need bigger maps - just dont use the smaller maps for  6v6 matchs. airstrip, yemen, highrise and all the other maps that have good layouts - its only a few maps that it wouldnt be good on i.e. the likes of desert village and caves where theres poor use of spacing and poor designed layouts.

it could be a mercenary mode (no partys) with 6v6 players - that way everyone has a buddy but it wouldnt be as hectic as partys - it could replace hardcore (maybe or maybe not have power plays and kickbacks).

possibly make standard TDM a 4v4 player limit  (partys are allowed but most importantly everyone has a buddy - i.e. no lone wolf)

or maybe classic mode - it could be classic 5v5 - but it could also work well with 6v6 especially considering its barebones

3 map choices to vote on should be standard for all modes anyway though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 49 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2215 posts

Sep 16, 2012

s55scorpions55 wrote:

if this happens then mabey facility wont come up every 2 matches

Kidding right? I'm happy when I get to play The Facility. London Underground and Airstrip are the real problems now.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 49 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

3 choices wouldn't make much of a difference.

...On the other hand, four choices would. Because there's 24 maps in this game (26 if you count the double LU/Airstrip counterparts) an even number of choices would work best. 2 clearly isn't cutting it. 3 is odd and wouldn't work. 4 works, even if on the OFF or SLIM chance you could get: LU, LU No Intro, Airstrip, Airstrip No Intro you'd still have a better chance at getting something like: Old Quarter, Losty City, Chateau, and Fort.

Realistically, you won't always get AS, LU in a 4 choice voting system. But I suppose it would seem more likely because there's two extra slots.

ND just really needs to put these two/four maps at the lowest weight possible, people are tired of playing them at this point. Or rather, people in the DLC pool are tired of playing them. They shouldn't even come up at all in the DLC pool. If you want them to come up, make it so only the No Intro versions ever come up. The intro versions should have ZERO weight in the DLC pool. Then the problem would be solved and a 3/4 choice voting system would work fine.

Just because the weights are what they are currently doesn't mean if ND instated a more than 2 choice voting system the weights would stay the same. Putting down an idea just because you think the weights would go unchanged going into a new map voting option is silly. Then again, it is ND...

In any case, there needs to be more voting options simply because there's over 26 maps in this game and not every single one is going to be played in a given month with only 2 choices to vote on every match. I thought it was dumb ND didn't add more voting options when the final map pack came out. Really dumb. Oh but don't worry, they'll learn from it for UC4!...

what are you talking you crazy fool.

is the choice of 3 maps much better than 2 maps ???, no??? . having 4 choices would be too much - since there only 10 players max per poll - would average around 1 or 2 votes per maps (since 30% of people/knobheads dont vote at all and some map).

also if you have 2 cars and arent quite happy the fairest thing would be  to ask for 1 more, not 2 more.

also 3 being an odd number is better since there is less chance of getting the same number of votes for some maps - i.e. if you had 4 map choices then there would be a high chance of getting  2 if not 3 of the maps each with 2 or 3 votes - therefore the result would be random, with 3 map choices that is far less likely.

3 map chioices is the way to go. 3 map choices and 1 random would be ok too (the random map shouldnt include the 3 maps though)

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 49 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Sep 16, 2012

DrakeShepard wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

That's not mine lol its iBiiza's  I just borrowed his video to use the voting picture

wow, and doesn't that guy act like and/or think he's a god? 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 49 (86 Views)
Survivor
2289 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I'm not sure. I see some problems happening with it. It could lead to duplicate voting items like:

London Underground - No Intro

London Underground

Airstrip - No Intro

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 49 (129 Views)