Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 23 2012
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6257 posts

3D Glasses Damage Chart: Come Learn Stuff!

[ Edited ]
54 replies 1873 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

I made some claims originally about this a while ago, but I only considered how it would effect solely headshots and not headshot and bodyshot combinations. I'll admit I was wrong then. Now though I have compiled a complet table of data that shows when you fire a certain number of headshots with each gun with the 3D Glasses on, how many less body shots you'll have to fire.

Disclaimer: All data was collected in LAN. All headshots were aimed at the center of the head, and all bodyshots were aimed at the center of the chest. No legs or arms were hit. Some but not all data was double checked for complete accuracy.

Important Notes:

• Three sets of weapons were combined for ease of viewing the table and this is because they have the exact same damage. They are the M9 and Raffica, G-MAL and Para 9, and Kal-7 and Arm Micro.
  • The Dragon Sniper was left off of the list because it obviously gets no bonus being a 1 hit headshot kill already. 

Now for the table for Damage with the 3D Glasses on. The first number is the amount of Headshots. The second number is how many bodyshots are required to finish off the target after those headshots. The third number is how many bodyshots you would have had to fire if you didn't have the 3D Glasses on when you fired the headshots.

AK-47 (Normally 7 bodyshots or 5 headshots)

4          0          1

3          2          3

2          3          4

1          5          5

M9/Raffica (Normally 8 bodyshots or 5 headshots)

4          0          2

3          2          3

2          4          5

1          6          6

G-MAL/Para 9 (Normally 6 bodyshots or 4 headshots)

4          0          0

3          1          2

2          3          3

1          5          5

FAL-SS (Normally 5 bodyshots or 3 headshots)

3          0          0

2          1          2

1          3          4

Kal-7/Arm Micro (Normally 10 bodyshots or 7 headshots)

6          0          1

5          1          3

4          3          4

3          5          6

2          7          7

1          9          9

Tau (Normally 3 bodyshots or 2 headshots)

2          0          0

1          1          1

Analysis:

• The FAL-SS gets the most noticeable benefit, with 1 headshot instantly counting as 2 bodyshots and allowing you to get the same killing speed as before it was patched provided you get a single headshot.
  • The Tau gets no bonus at all.
  • If you can manage to get 2 headshots with an AK-47/M9/Raffica you'll need 1 less bodyshot to finish off the target compared to normal.
  • If you can manage to get 3 headshots with a G-MAL/Para 9/Kal-7/Arm Micro then you'll need 1 less bodyshot to finish off the target compared to normal.
  • If you can manage to get 5 headshots with a Kal-7/Arm Micro then you'll need 2 less bodyshots to finish off the target compared to normal.
  • If you manage to land all headshots on a target, you'll need to fire 1 less headshot compared to normal with the AK-47, M9, Raffica, Kal-7, and Arm Micro.

This took quite a bit of time but I kind of enjoyed dissecting this all scientifically. It must be that time of year... >_>.... but anyways hope you found this insightful. Now go out there and start equipping 3D Glasses with FAL's and get people to start making complaint threads!... I don't care if you just legacied! Get your *** to 50 pronto!! :smileywink:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 55 (1,873 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: 3D Glasses Damage Chart: Come Learn Stuff!

Aug 23, 2012
Great chart :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 55 (1,865 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Aug 23, 2012
Kudos for your hard work, SKIN!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 55 (1,858 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 23, 2012

The lovely thing about this chart is that I never knew until last night that the Raffica and M9 had the exact same bullet damage! (already knew Kal-7 and Arm Micro were the same though)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 55 (1,841 Views)
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Aug 23, 2012

I recently got the 3D glasses randomly while trying to level up my Beast Mode Booster...

I guess after everyone is able to buy Baseball Shirt Drake, I'll switch to a custom character and use these glasses.... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 55 (1,826 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Now for the table for Damage with the 3D Glasses on. The first number is the amount of Headshots. The second number is how many bodyshots are required to finish off the target after those headshots. The third number is how many bodyshots you would have had to fire if you didn't have the 3D Glasses on when you fired the headshots.

FAL-SS (Normally 5 bodyshots or 3 headshots)

3          0          0

2          1          2

1          3          4

Analysis:
  • The FAL-SS gets the most noticeable benefit, with 1 headshot instantly counting as 2 bodyshots and allowing you to get the same killing speed as before it was patched provided you get a single headshot.
  • Iless bodyshot to finish off the target compared to normal.

This took quite a bit of time but I kind of enjoyed dissecting this all scientifically. It must be that time of year... >_>.... but anyways hope you found this insightful. Now go out there and start equipping 3D Glasses with FAL's and get people to start making complaint threads!... I don't care if you just legacied! Get your *** to 50 pronto!! :smileywink:

Talbot's skin with Gas Mask (+25% dmg to headshots) + Talbot's FAL and MIcro.. So OVERPOWER! I making thread! :heart: :smileywink:

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 55 (1,820 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Aug 23, 2012

a20198610 wrote:
Talbot's skin with Gas Mask (+25% dmg to headshots) + Talbot's FAL and MIcro.. So OVERPOWER! I making thread! :heart: :smileywink:

Splendid! But no need to quote the OP. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 55 (1,806 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Thank you very much for all the info, SKIN. Dang, I'm not sure whether to be happy or be worried that the FAL becomes even more beastly with the glassed. Happy, because it's my main weapon; worried, if everyone will try to get 3D Glasses for the headshot damage and things loop around back to before the FAL got nerfed. I mean, just get one headshot and then the rest if a 4HK just like the old days.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 55 (1,781 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012

chocolatemooset wrote:

Thank you very much for all the info, SKIN. Dang, I'm not sure whether to be happy or be worried that the FAL becomes even more beastly with the glassed. Happy, because it's my main weapon; worried, if everyone will try to get 3D Glasses for the headshot damage and things loop around back to before the FAL got nerfed. I mean, just get one headshot and then the rest if a 4HK just like the old days.

Since AA was lowered I think that "buff" could only help keep this gun useful for me.

Right now balance of long guns looking for me like that:

1. M9 (with or without ROF)

2. G-Mal (But in some maps/ situations is still better than M9. Especially with Acc.)

3. AK with Acc.

4. FAL

5. Drugonov

Together with Gas Mask for Talbots it's not gonna be extremly OP, but just useful.

@ SKIN: ^ FIxed.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 55 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Aug 23, 2012

a20198610 wrote:

chocolatemooset wrote:

Since AA was lowered I think that "buff" could only help keep this gun useful for me.

Right now balance of long guns looking for me like that:

1. M9 (with or without ROF)

2. G-Mal (But in some maps/ situations is still better than M9. Especially with Acc.)

3. AK with Acc.

4. FAL

5. Drugonov

Together with Gas Mask for Talbots it's not gonna be extremly OP, but just useful.

@ SKIN: ^ FIxed.

Maybe for you...I dunno. I can use the gun pretty much the same with or without the AA reduction. I just hope this won't catch on.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 55 (1,725 Views)
0 Likes