Fender Bender
3545 posts

Re: 700 hours disappear because someone envy me. naugty dog please read.....

Aug 24, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:

Morn_JP wrote:

now legacy 2. my new id . very easy boost. no one can caugh meSmiley Wink

WATCH OUT, we got a bad man.

A very very bad man lol.

Anyway, I honestly don't care that this guy was the first guy to be Leg5 Lev75, I don't care about his stats, or how it is unfair that he can get to that level. The only thing that is making me lean towards the side that supports his ban, is SouthPaw's story about how if everybody started boosting, the whole online would be go to hell.

But I don't really care for banning him because he achieved some crazt k/d ratios or w/e.

Do you feel me?

Message 91 of 148 (877 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Can anyone link to or quote for me where Naughty Dog/Sony has specifically and explicitly stated that this is type of behavior is against the ToS and will result in a ban?

Message 92 of 148 (808 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 24, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

Can anyone link to or quote for me where Naughty Dog/Sony has specifically and explicitly stated that this is type of behavior is against the ToS and will result in a ban?

I would call that common sense.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 93 of 148 (801 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Zylinderknopf wrote:

phillip_maxwell wrote:

I would call that common sense.

Not a legitimate avenue of judgement. Do you know where ND/Sony has specfically stated that this violates the Terms of Service?

Message 94 of 148 (793 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Technically speaking even though I don't agree with what he did.

There is no warning about what he did being against any rules and until then ND have no right to ban him or anyone else who does this.

Message 95 of 148 (785 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Re: 700 hours disappear because someone envy me. Naughty dog please read.....

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

Technically speaking even though I don't agree with what he did.

There is no warning about what he did being against any rules and until then ND have no right to ban him or anyone else who does this.

You're right. People should take his advice and do things the easy way. It is fair indeed. At least that is what you meant by. If not, then how would you handle those that takes an unfair approach? Do not take this as an insult. Just needed to know how you, and folks here, would handle those that did this. 

ND did not include it in their terms of agreement since they thought people are smart enough not to do that. However, they should know that it is an urban myth and folks will use a smartass technique to get away with things. Perhaps ND should include that so the term smartass won't be used unless someone decided to go all "legal defense" by finding another loopholes. 

This is why I never cared for Leaderboards: liars cheating their way to the top. There is no way I envy and appreciate those that takes that path. To me, the top people that has a suspiciously high scores espeically levels in a incredibly short amount of time should be considered as the Board of Liars. The best way to know they've done it fairly is through the stat history, in which thank goodness there is one in the stats profile. It really is not fair for the real better gamers struggling to the top only to get dethroned by a cheater.

2678 posts

Aug 24, 2012

booster.jpg

LOL.    The default level 1 taunt is pure win.  LOLOLOL.

Message 97 of 148 (734 Views)
Sackboy
550 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

What bugs me most is that developers need to define what is or isn't cheating. "Game cheats" used to be a common things in videogame magazines. Cheating was not some evil thing in gaming. Then came online pvp (player vs player). Gaining an unfair advantage over other players was considered cheating because you were robbing victory/points away from them. Then came 'boosting' where players would boost stats, powerups, etc. Boosting might or might not be cheating depending on what you gained. Trophies came along and because developers never see the big picture and trophies are often tacked on late when production is at its most stressful they often created online trophies that were disproportionate in every way to offline trophies (the difficulty varies from player to player because the opponents differ in skill and the whole state of the game evolves and changes so no online trophy is ever of equal measure; and developers seem to make online trophies require hundreds of hours regardless of skill; online trophies are probably rarely properly game tested because they require to much time and real situations rather than the hypothesized ones of the programmers.); so along came boosting online trophies: mostly because trophy collectors were irritated by losing their 100% even though they didn't own any of the DLC; it still showed up in their files because developers wanted to force completionists to shill out money in addition to the single player game. Boosting trophies allowed them to complete trophy sets, often without hurting anyone by being solo or facing opponents who all agreed to help one another. This boosting of trophies I never did much of but I never considered it cheating anyone except oneself (unless it was a truly impossible trophy). The reason being that trophies did not give anyone any profit or advantage. So now I do not know what a developer deems to be cheating because they are too lazy to describe it. When I played MGO Konami was a rare company (I suspect it is a Japanese thing) who stated explicitly what they considered cheating and what the consequences would be. Unfortunately corporate companies like Naughty Dog can't be bothered to create an explicit write-up because translating these into different languages would hurt their profitability. "Cheating" and "boosting" thus need to be defined by each developer because the meaning varies from person to person. If they can't be bothered, then they are just jerks. Common sense is not possible on the world wide web as there are too many cultures, nationalities, groups, to possibly have consensus, which is Latin for 'common sense'.

Photobucket
Message 98 of 148 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 24, 2012
That's hilarious Evil xD
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 99 of 148 (729 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Aug 24, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

booster.jpg

LOL.    The default level 1 taunt is pure win.  LOLOLOL.

Look at him and laugh