Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: A Free Veteran Pack?

Apr 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
UDF is "off the coast of Costa Rica".

BMM are test maps which they renamed so that they don't have to design it too much. It's why some aren't specific-weapon friendly. Still a test map.

UDF is 'off the coast of Panama'

Stunt, you obviously haven't been in a panamanian jail, have you? :smileytongue:

Message 11 of 18 (210 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I think ND should bring the OLD maps and some other scenes back into U3. By old I mean, not like one of the U2 maps which they put as 2 different bundles. I mean the U1 Maps. Facility like it was in the flashback pack, The Flooded Ruins would be a nice change compared to The Molten Ruins and it should only be available to people who have actually completed the game on any difficulty. I mean just buying it for $20, inserting it into your PlayStation and getting the maps shouldn't happen.

Back to the maps, they should also add Borneo as well Amazon. At the beginning of U1, when Drake and Sully found that German U-Boat, that was in the Amazon I believe. Maybe also The Bunker. If I've got it right, The Bunker was the place in U1 where you have to kill The Descendants and turn on the power. They could make everyone heaps more happy by either bringing back the old maps and making a few new ones, just to rekindle the U3 Multiplayer. I mean I still enjoy it but with all TLOU promos and them asking us for money at every turn isn't doing favours for the game. If they want to spam us with promos and asking us for money then they should reward us in return.

And them just saying, "But it wouldn't fit into U3 Multiplayer," shouldn't suffice. They added the Capture Trooper which is from some other game with no relation to Uncharted whatsoever. If they must charge us for these maps then they should make it cheap like 99c.

Also the Block Mesh Maps don't exactly compensate IMO. I mean, there's no detail to it. It looks like they just got a program like Minecraft and built it all in a day or two and then did streaming and coding and whatever else needed to make it look pretty.

Anyone else have anything to say or to add on?

Why ask for something free? You know, being a developer is actually a Job. If you're a prostitute you don't give out freebies to anyone, do you? 

You have to remember there are bills to pay, mouths to feed, ain't nothing in this world for free. People expect their work to yield money as a result of the "work" they put into it.

True but they already receive a lot of money from all the DLC they already have out. I'm sure that hundreds of DLC items are bought everyday and when their pay is given out they've probably received a lot of money. And don't point out the animal DLC because I know that's for charity. I mean the other DLC.

Bang Bang!

Message 12 of 18 (183 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
UDF is "off the coast of Costa Rica".

BMM are test maps which they renamed so that they don't have to design it too much. It's why some aren't specific-weapon friendly. Still a test map.

UDF is 'off the coast of Panama'

Stunt, you obviously haven't been in a panamanian jail, have you? :smileytongue:

For a second, I thought you said pomeranian jail ._.

Bang Bang!

Message 13 of 18 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 28, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I think ND should bring the OLD maps and some other scenes back into U3. By old I mean, not like one of the U2 maps which they put as 2 different bundles. I mean the U1 Maps. Facility like it was in the flashback pack, The Flooded Ruins would be a nice change compared to The Molten Ruins and it should only be available to people who have actually completed the game on any difficulty. I mean just buying it for $20, inserting it into your PlayStation and getting the maps shouldn't happen.

Back to the maps, they should also add Borneo as well Amazon. At the beginning of U1, when Drake and Sully found that German U-Boat, that was in the Amazon I believe. Maybe also The Bunker. If I've got it right, The Bunker was the place in U1 where you have to kill The Descendants and turn on the power. They could make everyone heaps more happy by either bringing back the old maps and making a few new ones, just to rekindle the U3 Multiplayer. I mean I still enjoy it but with all TLOU promos and them asking us for money at every turn isn't doing favours for the game. If they want to spam us with promos and asking us for money then they should reward us in return.

And them just saying, "But it wouldn't fit into U3 Multiplayer," shouldn't suffice. They added the Capture Trooper which is from some other game with no relation to Uncharted whatsoever. If they must charge us for these maps then they should make it cheap like 99c.

Also the Block Mesh Maps don't exactly compensate IMO. I mean, there's no detail to it. It looks like they just got a program like Minecraft and built it all in a day or two and then did streaming and coding and whatever else needed to make it look pretty.

Anyone else have anything to say or to add on?

Why ask for something free? You know, being a developer is actually a Job. If you're a prostitute you don't give out freebies to anyone, do you? 

You have to remember there are bills to pay, mouths to feed, ain't nothing in this world for free. People expect their work to yield money as a result of the "work" they put into it.

True but they already receive a lot of money from all the DLC they already have out. I'm sure that hundreds of DLC items are bought everyday and when their pay is given out they've probably received a lot of money. And don't point out the animal DLC because I know that's for charity. I mean the other DLC.

you mut realize that ND is working on two games currently and game development budgets for AAAA games aren't cheap & only increases each generation. I'm not defending ND but it seems you are looking at it from one perspective, I also highly doubt hundreds of DLC items are bought daily. 

To put it nicely it would be a nice gesture from ND to release atleast a free map like they did with The Fort in UC2 but they have changed lol, also I doubt they have the resources to do so.

Message 14 of 18 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16305 posts

Apr 29, 2013

We should stop asking about and talking about candy, and ask for the technical fixes.

Party splits.  Why on earth are they still happening?

Mute all lasts only one match?  Why?

Name it, there's a technical fix someone wants fixed: but no, you can get assless chaps!  Woot!

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 15 of 18 (163 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Apr 29, 2013

scootgar wrote:

We should stop asking about and talking about candy, and ask for the technical fixes.

Party splits.  Why on earth are they still happening?

Mute all lasts only one match?  Why?

Name it, there's a technical fix someone wants fixed: but no, you can get assless chaps!  Woot!

There is almost no point in asking for anything, this game is old. In game years it's about as old as you. A lot of games that were made around this titles launch date have all been left behind (Gary sinese'd!) and developers are moving on. Portal 2's developer Valve is moving on with future titles and managing Steam (Half-Life 3 and Left for Dead 3 fingers crossed), and Skyrim's developer Bethesda is moving forward with the MMO Elder scrolls and again, fingers crossed, Fallout 4. It's nice to see things added to the game, but I can't see anything on that scale being fixed. Something like Party Splits that have been around since beta, and any new content is hard to imagine with a game this old. Is that an issue? No, because I still enjoy it. In fact, I'm about to play right now after about 2 weeks without it due to finals.

Message 16 of 18 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Well in any case, if they can give us old maps for free in U3, they should be able to make new maps for U4 but like Borneo, I'm pretty sure it was in the Amazon and they were only in Panama at the very beginning, The Island and some other maps. I'm really gonna hate it if they put in U3 maps but at different times. Like Highrise. It's not night time when before it was day time.

Bang Bang!

Message 17 of 18 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Apr 29, 2013

have all U2 maps already

they just look diff

or never show up even when we have bougth them

or ND still hasnt made the OPTION TO VOTE FROM A COMPLETE MAP LIST(based on dlc on off)

so the one that actually want to be played by the lobby wins

but no they have kept the stupid 2 option with the same maps over and over

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 18 of 18 (117 Views)
0 Likes