Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 28 2013
By: xINESCAPABLEx Uncharted Territory 1541 posts

A Free Veteran Pack?

[ Edited ]
17 replies 412 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

I think ND should bring the OLD maps and some other scenes back into U3. By old I mean, not like one of the U2 maps which they put as 2 different bundles. I mean the U1 Maps. Facility like it was in the flashback pack, The Flooded Ruins would be a nice change compared to The Molten Ruins and it should only be available to people who have actually completed the game on any difficulty. I mean just buying it for $20, inserting it into your PlayStation and getting the maps shouldn't happen.

Back to the maps, they should also add Borneo as well Amazon. At the beginning of U1, when Drake and Sully found that German U-Boat, that was in the Amazon I believe. Maybe also The Bunker. If I've got it right, The Bunker was the place in U1 where you have to kill The Descendants and turn on the power. They could make everyone heaps more happy by either bringing back the old maps and making a few new ones, just to rekindle the U3 Multiplayer. I mean I still enjoy it but with all TLOU promos and them asking us for money at every turn isn't doing favours for the game. If they want to spam us with promos and asking us for money then they should reward us in return.

And them just saying, "But it wouldn't fit into U3 Multiplayer," shouldn't suffice. They added the Capture Trooper which is from some other game with no relation to Uncharted whatsoever. If they must charge us for these maps then they should make it cheap like 99c.

Also the Block Mesh Maps don't exactly compensate IMO. I mean, there's no detail to it. It looks like they just got a program like Minecraft and built it all in a day or two and then did streaming and coding and whatever else needed to make it look pretty.

Anyone else have anything to say or to add on?

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (412 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4890 posts

Re: A Free Veteran Pack?

Apr 28, 2013
Flooded Ruins>Molten Ruins. I like the new Fort though. Great idea with the UC1 maps.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Apr 28, 2013

i like this idea, if ND are feeling particularly lazy they could just put skins on those maps, my suggestion is add more guns, if balancing the new guns in is an issue then weapon skins so...

a MP40 would have same stats n abilities as the AK-47 just look n sound different

the same with the M4 and M9,

an option before the match to have a FAL set to semi-automatic or burst options...

the weapon camos that found in LAN were available to all, but weapon attachments still had a price n level requirements

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9995 posts

Apr 28, 2013
UDF is "off the coast of Costa Rica".

BMM are test maps which they renamed so that they don't have to design it too much. It's why some aren't specific-weapon friendly. Still a test map.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 28, 2013

ND doesn't know what the word "free" means.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (317 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9995 posts

Apr 28, 2013
They know it enough to do a crappy F2P.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Don't sass me boy!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (310 Views)
Last Guardian
11080 posts

Apr 28, 2013
There won't be any DLC other than hats. And free? Haha, was that supposed to be a joke?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (301 Views)
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I think ND should bring the OLD maps and some other scenes back into U3. By old I mean, not like one of the U2 maps which they put as 2 different bundles. I mean the U1 Maps. Facility like it was in the flashback pack, The Flooded Ruins would be a nice change compared to The Molten Ruins and it should only be available to people who have actually completed the game on any difficulty. I mean just buying it for $20, inserting it into your PlayStation and getting the maps shouldn't happen.

Back to the maps, they should also add Borneo as well Amazon. At the beginning of U1, when Drake and Sully found that German U-Boat, that was in the Amazon I believe. Maybe also The Bunker. If I've got it right, The Bunker was the place in U1 where you have to kill The Descendants and turn on the power. They could make everyone heaps more happy by either bringing back the old maps and making a few new ones, just to rekindle the U3 Multiplayer. I mean I still enjoy it but with all TLOU promos and them asking us for money at every turn isn't doing favours for the game. If they want to spam us with promos and asking us for money then they should reward us in return.

And them just saying, "But it wouldn't fit into U3 Multiplayer," shouldn't suffice. They added the Capture Trooper which is from some other game with no relation to Uncharted whatsoever. If they must charge us for these maps then they should make it cheap like 99c.

Also the Block Mesh Maps don't exactly compensate IMO. I mean, there's no detail to it. It looks like they just got a program like Minecraft and built it all in a day or two and then did streaming and coding and whatever else needed to make it look pretty.

Anyone else have anything to say or to add on?

Why ask for something free? You know, being a developer is actually a Job. If you're a prostitute you don't give out freebies to anyone, do you? 

You have to remember there are bills to pay, mouths to feed, ain't nothing in this world for free. People expect their work to yield money as a result of the "work" they put into it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (293 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 28, 2013

You're asking for a bit much don't you think? 

There's already 23 Maps in the game with half of those maps hardly ever showing up in the voting lobby, adding more maps at this stage in the game isn't worth it.

And the BMM do compensate don't try to downplay them and more is on the way.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (264 Views)
0 Likes