Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3258 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 2, 2013
^^^ that's where you are wrong Naughty Dog is still making money off UC2.
Message 21 of 34 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
^^^ that's where you are wrong Naughty Dog is still making money off UC2.

and even if they didn't, then they would make more money on UC3 because all the current fans go play UC2, because of the lab and triple cash and the raised health which would make the game awesome again, and the free2play guys won't get crushed by high level players and can actually have a little fun playing against each other and they will spend money on the whole game, DLC or microtransactions... Smiley Happy

 

EDIT: I asked for UC2 support (lab, 3x cash and raising health) in the Q and A of March, it's the first post on page 3, maybe if you guys kudo it ND may realise that more people want this to happen, and they may do something about it, I know the chanche it will happen isn't that high, but we have to try, right?)

Message 22 of 34 (298 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3258 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 2, 2013
@Matt - correct but ND will say their limited resources won't allow that because well know how poor of a company they are lol, funny enough I see a lot of people on my friend list playing UC2 a lot more these days than UC3, also to show you how broken UC3 is 2 nights ago me & a friend were playing UC3 & for some reason she wasn't able to get into a match she constantly kept getting the black screen so we got fed up & decided to try UC2 & what do you know everything worked perfect off the bat.
Message 23 of 34 (292 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 2, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
@Matt - correct but ND will say their limited resources won't allow that because well know how poor of a company they are lol, funny enough I see a lot of people on my friend list playing UC2 a lot more these days than UC3, also to show you how broken UC3 is 2 nights ago me & a friend were playing UC3 & for some reason she wasn't able to get into a match she constantly kept getting the black screen so we got fed up & decided to try UC2 & what do you know everything worked perfect off the bat.

yeah, I think it was a bad idea to split Naughty Dog in 2 teams, first of all Uncharted 2 was perfect when it released, but Naughty Dog didn't have enough people to fix the glitches that started appearing after a while, and somehow they thought it was a good idea to lower the health, also Uncharted 3 is way worse than Uncharted 2 and I don't have high hopes for The Last of Us considering there are also only half of the employees working on that game, probably it was Sony who forced this on ND, but still, it's a bad thing, I hope they get back to how it was and work with the whole team to make 1 awesome game, instead of 2 decent games, or expand the company so that it actually can work on 2 games simultaniously...

Message 24 of 34 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 2, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Like I said before, there is no way ND would ever spend resources on a game their not making money off


That's why they have a two-man UC3 MP team? Because they are not making money off of tournament tickets?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 34 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Online
4884 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Like I said before, there is no way ND would ever spend resources on a game their not making money off


That's why they have a two-man UC3 MP team? Because they are not making money off of tournament tickets?


Not only tournaments, but also 200+ DLC pieces, map packs, online passes, and now with the recently released scam parts of the F2P.. How on earth are they not making money?




Message 26 of 34 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 4, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Like I said before, there is no way ND would ever spend resources on a game their not making money off


That's why they have a two-man UC3 MP team? Because they are not making money off of tournament tickets?


Not only tournaments, but also 200+ DLC pieces, map packs, online passes, and now with the recently released scam parts of the F2P.. How on earth are they not making money?


it's sad how greedy they have become, I just realised the game of the year edition costs you 40 dollars while if you buy it via the free2play system DLC it costs you 78,50 dollars and then you don't even have all the skins, avatars, coop shade mode and coop adventure map the fort, which would cost you at least another 90 dollars (there are 40+ skins, each skin costs 2 dollars right? I am not sure, but if it does, that is more than 80 dollars for skins and 5 for coop shade mode and 5 for the fort if I remember well), so if you buy the content in the game of the year edition seperately it will cost you approximately 170 dollars, more than 4 times as much as the game of the year edition, it's pathetic that they try to trick new players into paying almost 2 times as much or more than 4 times as much (depends on if they buy the coop shade mode, coop map the fort and all the skins as well, but I don't think much people are stupid enough to spend 80 dollars on skins, but it's sad that they have the opportunity to do so) as they would get in just the game of the year edition... Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 34 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 4, 2013

To be fair, the GOTY costs $40 in the NA PS store. Also, don't forget that some people will "share" it, so the cost can be cut in half...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 28 of 34 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

To be fair, the GOTY costs $40 in the NA PS store. Also, don't forget that some people will "share" it, so the cost can be cut in half...


yeah, but you can share DLC content as well I suppose? so it's not that bad, but having to pay 2 - 4 times as much if you want to buy it seperately after playing free-2-play is a very pathetic move from ND... Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 34 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2429 posts
 

Re: A message for the two-man development team of Uncharted 3! :)

Mar 4, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Meh uc2 was a broken in many ways and I doubt they would ever waste resources on a game that old and when uc3 has about 10 times the people.

Haha, you're too funny. Uncharted 2 has 16K daily players. And you seriously think Uc3 has 160K?? Don't make up numbers and if you do at least make sure they are realistic XD

 

I doubt they even have 2 times Uncharted 2's players. 

Message 30 of 34 (212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes