Jan 22 2013
By: Flawless83 I Only Post Everything 970 posts

A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

[ Edited ]
47 replies 713 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

Edit: updated thread title to reflect thread content

U--J

...regarding the myth - Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes.

They could have brought "mooore gamestyles" but ND failed!!!

There´s no variety when you bring character weapons with 2 or more mods.

Old story ND, but let me explain why this leads to so many other problems.

1) Because of this, the Weapon Expert booster is levered out and no one is using this booster except for 1 little minority.

The RoF dudes, they using WE M9 with RoF/ClipSize or BlindfireAccuracy and the Micro with RoF/ClipSize  or   "     "

Fact: You will never see a AK, FAL or Gmal WE kind of combination ND because of >>> character weapons.

You could screw all the single weapon mods and nobody would complain.

Fact: The only single mods which are used in U3 are the 1) RoF mod for the M9 and the 2) Accuracy mod for the Gmal&AK and sometimes the FAL - in that(RoF) order!

2) U3 implication of weapon mods is a huge difference compared to U2., but the main problem comes through these character weapons.

In U2 you had boosters like "Point and Shot"(U3 Blindfire increase for Pistols), "From the Hip"(U3 Blindfire increase for Long Guns), "Rapid Hands"(U3 Faster Reloading) or "Keep Firing"(U3 ClipSize).

An example how all things come together

In U3 you can have FF, Cloaked or Scoped as Slot 1 boosters + TeamSafe(U2 Sure Foot) as Slot 2 booster and then these character weapons come in...with Flyns M9 you get "Keep Firing and From the Hip" or Elenas Gmal with "Keep Firing and Rapid Hands" as Long Gun and as Handgun you take Marlowes Para "Point and Shot and Keep Firing" or Sullys Micro with "Point and Shot and Rapid Hands".

So in comparison to U2 you practically can wear "6 Boosters"!!!

Just look at this crap ND.

In U3: FF/TeamSafe + Flyns M9/Sullys Micro

Would be in U2: FF/Sure Foot/Keep Firing/From the Hip/Point and Shot/Rapid Hands

Again, as you can see, we can equip 3x as much boosters as in U2..the best Slot1 Boosters and on the top of that, you can have a Blindfire&ClipSize mod on Long Gun and Handgun, on freaking both in one loadout!!!

This is madness ND, madness.

Where the hell is the weapon variety or the variety in playstyles???

There is nothing of this, because you made every player to a freaking Juggernaut.

Fact: Everyone´s handgun is Marlowes Para(what crackhead gave that gun the Blindfire AND the ClipSize mod) the rest 1% uses the Micro RoF or Sullys Micro as handguns.

Fact: With that guns you die in 1.05 speed.

ND you know, I want the best for Uncharted...both for the newcomers and the vets, I can honestly say with U3 you only pleased the newbies and now look how it ended.

F2P = Your personal 1.05 backflash.

So PLZ listen for my tips for a proper U4 MP game regarding Loadouts&Mods...not many but they are essential for balance and variety.

1) When you make character weapons, make only aesthetics things  - DONT PUT MODS ON THEM!!!

(Camouflage, PAX, E3 whatever sytles etc.)

2) Allow only 1 mod per weapon!!! Even there, it would be stronger than in U2.(>handgun blindfire mod!)

(Certainly not when you have Weapon Expert equipped)

Very simple, so lets do it and make U4 to the holy grail all over again.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 1 of 48 (713 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions...

Jan 22, 2013

Its not a fact if I choose E3 para over Marlowe's because it looks friggin awesome.

Message 2 of 48 (661 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10167 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I use Elena's Raffica because nothing says "lol owned" than owning someone with an underdog gun.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 48 (614 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Raffica is not underpowered. I use it and its blindfire is ridiculously effective.

Well, the same could be said about every other weapon, now that I think about it, but whatever. I think it's more that Para 9 is overpowered (3 shots+punch), not that the rest are underpowered.

Message 4 of 48 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10167 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Para 9 being OP is fact.

Plus, I said Raffica is an underdog gun, like the Tau, because it's not exactly a popular choice especially with Para 9(2FS).
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 5 of 48 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13774 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Just go back to basics, copy Uncharted 2.

With Summer beta sprint added and grenade throwbacks (with some changes)

That is all that would really be needed. Everything else was completely worthless and only served to make things worse.

Message 6 of 48 (575 Views)
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

U2´s cover&animations&weapon system&map design + Loadouts without KAL + only 1 mod per weapon(except for WE) + Beta sprint + nade throwback as a booster + dedicated server + blindfire only this "U3 effective" when you have a blindfire mod equipped + mercenary playlist

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 7 of 48 (534 Views)
Fender Bender
2169 posts

Jan 23, 2013
The problem is, if you're only allowed one weapon mod, it will be a no brainer on what to pick, Accuracy or RoF, and maybe Blindfire Accuracy for certain maps. Also, Call Out would never be used.

That's not to say I don't agree with this thread, but they would be better off making more powerful mods that cannot be used on character guns (and not RoF powerful). I would love a Stopping Power mod, I would always use it.

One idea would be Super Mods, the mods would be the same as what we already have but much more powerful when used on their own. Of course it would be slightly annoying, but someone using a clip that holds 50 bullets would still be more balanced than some of the other crap they threw into this game.
Pepsi
Message 8 of 48 (507 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5030 posts

Jan 23, 2013
So do I give the game variety because I use Ak with accuracy and Jade para? I'm slowly leveling WE so I can have Ak with accuracy and reload speed. Wish this was a treasure weapon already.
Message 9 of 48 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6233 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well I never use the para, although I have it in a loadout(1 pistol per loadout) and Weapon Expert is my most used slot 1 booster, but not with the M9...I use it on my AK again with an arm micro.

photo Sniper.png
Message 10 of 48 (486 Views)
0 Likes