Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions...

Jan 23, 2013

@shane

I think we dont need an Accuracy mods when U4 would roll back to U2 weapon mechanic recoil&Co.

The only Accuracy mod in U2 was DTI but that thing worked only on the AK....M4&FAL were Accuracy free, because they worked absolutly fine.

The only Accuracy mods I see in U3 are for the AK and Gmal and they are in vaaastly minority in usage to all the character M9s and Gmals or in other words..they are inferiour to them.

Jup, nobody would use Call Out, because its an unnecessary (SA) mod.

Let him die and nobody would care.

Agree on the RoF´s part, but when ND make it right for U4, they dont bring them back!!!

I mean, to this day nobody understand why the M9/Micro, as the most fastfiring weapons, have a RoF mod.

But what I wanted to say is dont underestimate mods like ClipSize and Faster Reload as a single weapon mod.

Sure the blindfire mod would be number 1 on the handguns. (But better than Blindfire&ClipSize like Marlows Para, thats just horrible stupid.)

They make big differnces in a gunfight, the problem is that in U3 everybody can use it by default through these character weapons.

When you have time, open a custom game with some friends and play a Team A Rapid Hands against Team B ClipSize.

You will see what I mean.

PS: Your mod for more SP is a good idea...SP, ClipSize, MaxAmmo, Blindfire, Rapid Hands, Accuracy for some weapons

6 different mods = 6 different types of gamestyles, just look ND thats called variety!!!

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 48 (308 Views)
Survivor
2216 posts

Jan 23, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Well I never use the para, although I have it in a loadout(1 pistol per loadout) and Weapon Expert is my most used slot 1 booster, but not with the M9...I use it on my AK again with an arm micro.

I never use weapon expert. But you're right that using it with a para is a bad idea. The best mods are Blindfire accuracy, Reload speed and clip size. And Drake's, Marlowe's and Jade Para 9 all 3 have different combinations of those. Accuracy is not worth it in my opinion.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 48 (303 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Kudos to the OP.

Well thought out thread.

Hopefully ND will listen to this and also learn from their mistakes.

My thoughts are, the wont listen not even a bit.

They will add more crap to U4 on top of the crap we got in this game in the illusion of more variety.

Variety doesn't work. You will always have some one finding the most effective load out gun combo that will in turn cause others to use it. Eventually making it the most used combo.

The formula that they had for U2 was near perfect.
U2 was closer to complete balance than any game I have ever played in 25 years of gaming.

U2 said, "screw load outs, screw over customization, screw gimmicks, and focused on mechanics, game play, and made a extremely addictive game.

They made their own formula.

The only reason U2 did not over take all other games out there is simply lack of publicity.

Most games I know don't even know U2 had a multiplayer.

With all the hoopla with load outs, stat hats, gun mods, paid boosters, buddy boosters, kick backs, legacies, game mods, U-tv , I'm sure new players come to this game and just get over whelmed.

Not over whelmed with it being a good game but over whelmed and frustrated with all the cr-ap that doesn't need to be there.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 48 (292 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10029 posts

Jan 23, 2013
@never there's no character gun in thr while game that has two of the best mods at the same time.

I think it's because it'll seem like thry favor a character? Idk.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 48 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Feb 13, 2013

U4 will be the ultimate test if the MP survive the next round.

I will immediately stop caring for this franchise when theres no mercenary but ROFs or this kind of map design&blindfire in the game.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 48 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2014

why didnt I see this thread before ??

Well said.

imo the only weapon mods should be

Clip Size,

Reload Speed,

Max Ammo,

Scope zoom,

Call out,

Pistols should have max ammo as well.

MAYBE!!!, some extra mods could be added.

Character weapons should only be different skins - you should still have to add the mod(S) like normal.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 48 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

Jan 14, 2014

or let's just throw all mods out of the game, seriously, you add things in games because it makes the game more fun, mods don't do anything, they just create balancing issues, boosters excist so that you can tweak your playstyle and make your experience more fun, kickbacks excist as an reward for getting lots of medals which also makes the game more fun, but mods, mods are useless...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 48 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

^^ but are you going to have several boosters in place of those mods ??. You could do that, but they could detract from other boosters and loadouts.

Id rather see different boosters than just reload speed, clip size...etc. - I think they would be fine as mods as long as you cannot get more than one unless you are using WE, that said Im not against the idea of getting rid of the mods and have them as booster instead.

I would like to see better versions of Endurance, add something extra to Beast Mode, Monkey Man, Cloaked, Power Hunter, Ammo Award, Team Safe.

Maybe some of the mods could be combined to form better boosters - e.g. WE gives you clip size and reload speed by default. Combine Max Ammo and Explosives Expert (grenades) into one booster.
That could limit loadout variations depending on the boosters, but it might work it if it was done right.
it would depend on the booster options and layout.

Weapon mods are really just another booster slot. Maybe if they do away with mods they should have 3 booster slots with more variety in each. That way it would be easier to creat different loadouts and playstyles.

The main point though is that character guns should not offer an advantage over a default gun - character guns should not have mods by default. They should just be skins and you have to pick the mod same as normal.
(or else no weapon mods - boosters instead).

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 48 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7069 posts

Jan 14, 2014
Can I ask a serious question? Why is there a discussion about character guns and mods? Can't we all just easily use them and not complain or easily switch them? What's the problem?
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 48 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Jan 14, 2014
^^ The thing is - what is the point of default guns and weapon mods at all if there are character guns with all the combinations and more mods than you can put on a default gun.

In this case of character guns being fine as they are wouldnt it be logical to just removing all the default guns and mods and just have the different character guns ??? i.e. you just pick which character gun with what ever mods you want.

Also assuming RoF and accuracy would not be mods in UC4 - then what would be the point of the WE booster (its a good booster idea) if it have you nothing extra ??

3 mods on a gun by default is a bad idea - you then have freedom to pick any boosters at all for each slot without sacfacifing or giving up anything.
Where as compared to default weapons - you have to give up a booster in order to get more than 1 mod. (or UC2 where if you wanted a mod like reload speed then you had to use that specific booster)

Lastly - all the character weapons are not available by default to everyone and lots of people dont some some of them unlocked - its unfair that some people just got jucky and got certain character weapons while other didnt.
Its simply unbalanced.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 48 (103 Views)