Survivor
2689 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

Jan 14, 2014
^^And that is the problem, it shouldnt be like that.
Message 31 of 48 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014
Well what else can be done about It now? It was done to add replay value, if everyone gets everything in under a week the game loses value.
Sleep Matt signature
Message 32 of 48 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:
Most Aks already have Clip Size and reload speed. Just to name a few, the ND AK, E3 AK, Comic Con AK and as for M9, the Jade M9, Chloe's M9, which also has Call Out attached to it. I wouldn't dwell on CS and RS, they are everywhere lol. You have to work to earn them, the person that has it by default either earned it with hard time or has bought it, you should do the same, I don't see what the problem is here.

Thank You! Most character guns have the same mods just different exterior designs that what really sets them apart IMO.

Yes and thats why character gun unlocks should just be about unlocking different colour skins - Exactly as they are now, just that you put the mods on them like default guns. That is fair, that or get rid of mods and have them as boosters.

it was nothing but a fluke of luck that i unlocked eddys Ak and Talbots Fal at all - both after i stoped playing the game regularly and no longer had interest in them.

Message 33 of 48 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:
The 2 biggest factors in getting the guns or anything treasure related is time and luck.

Time more so than luck. Comp treasures aren't that hard to collect tho. I've helped so many people unlock character guns & other unloackables. Just play with someone & you both use Treasure Hunter.

Message 34 of 48 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014
^^ well there are countless people, like Blen, for example who claim to have played countless hours and not have unlocked despite their use of boosters or anything else. That's the only reason why I say luck as well
Sleep Matt signature
Message 35 of 48 (269 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:
Most Aks already have Clip Size and reload speed. Just to name a few, the ND AK, E3 AK, Comic Con AK and as for M9, the Jade M9, Chloe's M9, which also has Call Out attached to it. I wouldn't dwell on CS and RS, they are everywhere lol. You have to work to earn them, the person that has it by default either earned it with hard time or has bought it, you should do the same, I don't see what the problem is here.

Thank You! Most character guns have the same mods just different exterior designs that what really sets them apart IMO.

Yes and thats why character gun unlocks should just be about unlocking different colour skins - Exactly as they are now, just that you put the mods on them like default guns. That is fair, that or get rid of mods and have them as boosters.

If they are gonna go that route then they might as well just allow you to customize the default guns with colors & emblems. 

I see what you are saying, but I just don't agree Mods like CS & RS or Max Ammo really makes a gun unbalanced.

I wouldn't have a problem if they assigned mod enhancements to boosters in the future like they did with UC2 either. But I really don't see the issue with character guns & how they unbalance the game.

Message 36 of 48 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

If they are gonna go that route then they might as well just allow you to customize the default guns with colors & emblems. 

I see what you are saying, but I just don't agree Mods like CS & RS or Max Ammo really makes a gun unbalanced.

I wouldn't have a problem if they assigned mod enhancements to boosters in the future like they did with UC2 either. But I really don't see the issue with character guns & how they unbalance the game.

That would be a good idea and better than what we have imo.

Well we can agree ROF is OP and should be removed in UC4, and there is no need for Accuracy if the gun is designed right (it just offers an un-nessary advantage that could be defined as OP).

Then if both of them are gone and you have character guns with more than one of the remaining mods what would be the point of default guns ??

there would be more variety with picking mods (character guns not having mods by default) and that would be a good thing - its the same as everyone using FF or some other good booster and never using others - relative to other boosters they could be called OP (there would be more variety if FF silver was on by default and FF booster was removed).

lets look back to the M9 Blindfire hayday - Flynns m9 offered blindfire rushers BF accuracy + clip size - no sacrafice for BF - They had clip size so that blindfiring didnt waste their clip too early before the other guy died.
same with BF + reload speed combos - there isnt any sacrifice for blindfiring.
BF + max ammo or BF + scope zoom would be better because it would put them at a disadvantage if their clip ran our or if they wasted a clip before they got the kill.

(i look at it similary to bargin being and one booster slot and explosive shell expert being in the other - its not a good idea, there is no sacrifice, they should both be in the same slot so that you have to sacrifice one)

They just were not done well imo.

Message 37 of 48 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jan 14, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

^^ but are you going to have several boosters in place of those mods ??. You could do that, but they could detract from other boosters and loadouts.

Id rather see different boosters than just reload speed, clip size...etc. - I think they would be fine as mods as long as you cannot get more than one unless you are using WE, that said Im not against the idea of getting rid of the mods and have them as booster instead.

I would like to see better versions of Endurance, add something extra to Beast Mode, Monkey Man, Cloaked, Power Hunter, Ammo Award, Team Safe.

Maybe some of the mods could be combined to form better boosters - e.g. WE gives you clip size and reload speed by default. Combine Max Ammo and Explosives Expert (grenades) into one booster.
That could limit loadout variations depending on the boosters, but it might work it if it was done right.
it would depend on the booster options and layout.

Weapon mods are really just another booster slot. Maybe if they do away with mods they should have 3 booster slots with more variety in each. That way it would be easier to creat different loadouts and playstyles.

The main point though is that character guns should not offer an advantage over a default gun - character guns should not have mods by default. They should just be skins and you have to pick the mod same as normal.
(or else no weapon mods - boosters instead).

no, I don't mean making them boosters, just remove them enitirely, look, boosters and kickbacks excist to fit your playstyle, but mods only makes the weapons from your playstyle better, and that creates balancing issues, while it doesn't improve the gameplay, so why keep them, in Uncharted 2 did you ever felt the weapons were lacking customization options?

Message 38 of 48 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

^^ but are you going to have several boosters in place of those mods ??. You could do that, but they could detract from other boosters and loadouts.

Id rather see different boosters than just reload speed, clip size...etc. - I think they would be fine as mods as long as you cannot get more than one unless you are using WE, that said Im not against the idea of getting rid of the mods and have them as booster instead.

I would like to see better versions of Endurance, add something extra to Beast Mode, Monkey Man, Cloaked, Power Hunter, Ammo Award, Team Safe.

Maybe some of the mods could be combined to form better boosters - e.g. WE gives you clip size and reload speed by default. Combine Max Ammo and Explosives Expert (grenades) into one booster.
That could limit loadout variations depending on the boosters, but it might work it if it was done right.

Weapon mods are really just another booster slot. Maybe if they do away with mods they should have 3 booster slots with more variety in each. That way it would be easier to creat different loadouts and playstyles.

The main point though is that character guns should not offer an advantage over a default gun - character guns should not have mods by default. They should just be skins and you have to pick the mod same as normal.

no, I don't mean making them boosters, just remove them enitirely, look, boosters and kickbacks excist to fit your playstyle, but mods only makes the weapons from your playstyle better, and that creates balancing issues, while it doesn't improve the gameplay, so why keep them, in Uncharted 2 did you ever felt the weapons were lacking customization options?

They do add something though, be it boosters in UC2 (reload speed and clip size and max ammo were boosters in UC2 ???) or mods in UC3 (they dont ad much in UC3 because of character guns, and ROF and Accuracy are OP - they are the only balance issues imo).
Rapid hands (long gun reload speed) was my favourite booster in UC2 (and it offered something different to gunfights compared to some other booster)
Yet i feel if there was more booster variety and more better ones then rapid hands taking one of only 2 boosters could limited a loadout too much.

i understand what you are saying but I think they do add some variety - maybe addressing the stats of each gun more so that the mods are used better - like some guns having low ammo or small clip or takes a long time to reload - therefore mods will be picked for a specific reason.

Thats why maybe a 3rd booster slot and get rid of mods, or else keep mods could be a good idea.

Message 39 of 48 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jan 14, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

They do add something though, be it boosters in UC2 or mods in UC3 (they dont ad much in UC3 because of character guns, and ROF and Accuracy are OP - they are the only balance issues imo).
Rapid hands (long gun reload speed) was my favourite booster in UC2 (and it offered something different to gunfights compared to some other booster)
Yet i feel if there was more booster variety and more better ones then rapid hands taking one of only 2 boosters could limited a loadout too much.
Thats why maybe a 3rd booster slot and get rid of mods, or else keep mods could be a good idea.

rapid hands is ok, but I am just not comfortable with any boosters/kickbacks/(mods) that make a gun work better, down the irons was a horribly overpowered booster in UC2 for instance, fleet foot (not directly supporting a weapon, but it makes you harder to hit and therefore you have an advantage in a firefight too) should get removed too, boosters should only be there so you could have your own playstyle, never should they make the core gameplay easier, if you get what I mean

Message 40 of 48 (234 Views)
0 Likes