Survivor
2668 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

i edited my post, it include more now if you didnt see it.

agreed, but without RoF and accuracy the other mods dont directly effect the gun. DTI was OP (same as accuracy but worse).

Ya, i get your meaning

it would certainly make choosing a weapon (if loadouts were in UC4) require more thought - going by the stats of the weapons to see if they will be ok for certain situations.

It was very easy to play UC2 with no boosters and it didnt change much.

but clip size + reload speed, monkey man etc.. ??
militia-man not having to reload is fine imo ??

(fleet foot should be removed but the default straffing has to be a lot faster, i wouldnt see much of an issue of FF was a booster as long as the gap between default straffing and FF is not huge - its fine in UC2 now.)

as long as one thing does not dwarf the rest in terms of how usefull it is, then variery is good. I.e. if you have a gun that is the better at CQC vs a gun that is better a mid range vs a gun that is better at long range then that should balance itself out.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 48 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Re: A rebuttal to ND decisions..[regarding Loadouts&Mods = more variety in gamestlyes]

Jan 14, 2014

i would like for all the boosters to offer just as much value as each other with none that are of very little value.

e.g.

I think monkey man should be combined with cloaked (silent + no player arrow) to form a booster called ninja.

is like daredevil to be gotten rid of and make ammo award better - give more ammo and also give grenades.

endurance should increase sprint duration by a good percentage and it should shorten recovery by a good percentage.

team safe (or part of it) and explosives expert (grenades) should be combined.

Power Hunter should be changed to Fortune Hunter or just Hunter - it shows power weapons (in gold), loadout weapons (in silver), grenades and medal in chests(should have a default range)

.....etc.

there should be more incentive to use a variety of boosters and they should all have good value.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 48 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 14, 2014

ND need to balance the boosters.

Right now is pretty much:

SLOT 1: FF or Cloaked.

SLOT 2: ESE or Regeneration.

Where is the variety in this??

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 48 (131 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 14, 2014

And also, i want my favourite combination back!!!

Fleet Foot + Team Safe.

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 48 (130 Views)
Fender Bender
2376 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:
Most Aks already have Clip Size and reload speed. Just to name a few, the ND AK, E3 AK, Comic Con AK and as for M9, the Jade M9, Chloe's M9, which also has Call Out attached to it. I wouldn't dwell on CS and RS, they are everywhere lol. You have to work to earn them, the person that has it by default either earned it with hard time or has bought it, you should do the same, I don't see what the problem is here.

Thank You! Most character guns have the same mods just different exterior designs that what really sets them apart IMO.

Yes and thats why character gun unlocks should just be about unlocking different colour skins - Exactly as they are now, just that you put the mods on them like default guns. That is fair, that or get rid of mods and have them as boosters.

If they are gonna go that route then they might as well just allow you to customize the default guns with colors & emblems. 

I see what you are saying, but I just don't agree Mods like CS & RS or Max Ammo really makes a gun unbalanced.

I wouldn't have a problem if they assigned mod enhancements to boosters in the future like they did with UC2 either. But I really don't see the issue with character guns & how they unbalance the game.

That would be a good idea and better than what we have imo.

Well we can agree ROF is OP and should be removed in UC4, and there is no need for Accuracy if the gun is designed right (it just offers an un-nessary advantage that could be defined as OP).

Then if both of them are gone and you have character guns with more than one of the remaining mods what would be the point of default guns ??

there would be more variety with picking mods (character guns not having mods by default) and that would be a good thing - its the same as everyone using FF or some other good booster and never using others - relative to other boosters they could be called OP (there would be more variety if FF silver was on by default and FF booster was removed).

lets look back to the M9 Blindfire hayday - Flynns m9 offered blindfire rushers BF accuracy + clip size - no sacrafice for BF - They had clip size so that blindfiring didnt waste their clip too early before the other guy died.
same with BF + reload speed combos - there isnt any sacrifice for blindfiring.
BF + max ammo or BF + scope zoom would be better because it would put them at a disadvantage if their clip ran our or if they wasted a clip before they got the kill.

(i look at it similary to bargin being and one booster slot and explosive shell expert being in the other - its not a good idea, there is no sacrifice, they should both be in the same slot so that you have to sacrifice one)
They just were not done well imo.

Yeah for sure RoF is OP even after the slight nerf, it really should have been removed from the game after the negative feedback they got when the AK had it. I also agree there shouldn't be an accuracy mod every gun should be just balanced all across the board when it comes to aiming... I would love to see them bring back the mod customizations tho with the basic mods like CS, RS, MA, S.Z.

Well the way I see it is, character guns were added to enhance the treasure <-> Unlonckables system in Comp, as majority of the actual unlockables from the treasure system are Co op based.

Agreed the weapons with BF accuracy were clearly not thought out properly, it's as if ND wanted everyone to BF especially the Character para 9's lol.  

All in all ur idea of making character guns simply cosmetic & you still have to add mods to them would be the best route to go, because u know those character guns are coming back.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 48 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
2376 posts

Jan 14, 2014

And myself & many others have all agreed FF silver should just be the default strafe speed. Make it a default mechanic & everyone wins.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 48 (123 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

On the subject of unlocking character weapons...if a die hard coop guy like me (I play roughly 4 times as much coop as comp) can unlock most of the competitive ones (I'm missing only one treasure from the Team Objective-based treasure sets), then there's no reason that anyone that's played for two years can't have most of them.  Once you have most of the comp weapons unlocked, getting the last few isn't worth it because there's sure to be one in there that suits your gaming style (as long as you don't care whose gun it is or what it looks like).  Like all the other stuff that passes for "customization" in UC3, I really could not care less what it looks like but how it performs.  Don't get me started on customization...personally, I think it's useless but I know it's a big deal for a lot of people...ND should implement something deep and real or nothing at all.

Blennerville, I agree with you on at least one point...I ain't paying for that stuff...I'm just glad there's a "free" option - I would have been really cheesed if there wasn't.

There have been many Rare Treasure events (and hopefully one or two more)...put that Treasure Hunter on and grind!  Free For All was a humbling experience but I stuck with it! :smileyhappy:

>EDIT Spelling.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 48 (104 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2014

^^ im just glad someone else here knows the proper phrase "I could NOT!!! care less" as aposed to I could care less which makes no sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 48 (93 Views)
0 Likes