Jun 12 2011
By: Phala1234 Sackboy 644 posts

Aim assist & Aim sensitivity

5 replies 53 views Edited Jun 12, 2011
Any one know if U3 multi will have at least twice as much aim sensitivity or optional aim assist? or no aim assist at all? as slow ast the "fastest" sensitivity was in U2 multi, the aim assist was ridiculous and I think it should not even be a necessary thing , not even a little.
Phala1234 Trophy
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Aim Assist will never vanish because we use a dualshock f...

Jun 12, 2011

Phala1234 wrote:
Any one know if U3 multi will have at least twice as much aim sensitivity or optional aim assist? or no aim assist at all? as slow ast the "fastest" sensitivity was in U2 multi, the aim assist was ridiculous and I think it should not even be a necessary thing , not even a little.

Aim Assist will never vanish because we use a dualshock for Uncharted and not a keyboard and mouse. What needs to be addressed imo is when you're shotting an enemy, another enemy walks in the same path and your crosshair starts shooting the new target. This is incredibly annoying and the feeling of being in control of the character is lost.

You have to hand it to COD in that it does have the best implementation of aiming on console controllers. What I mean is it's responsive and quick to get your crosshair where you want it to be and doesn't feel at all sluggish. It would be nice to have higher sensitivity options in UC3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
644 posts

Yeah I know that. But the aiming is so slow, aim assist i...

Jun 12, 2011
Yeah I know that. But the aiming is so slow, aim assist is not even needed... :smileysad: at least optional aim assist so I can turn it off... I wouldn't mind aim assist because we use joysticks, like you said. But as I said before uncharted has the SLOWEST aiming speed of all the TPS shooter AND the most aim assist of all time :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad: Bad company aim assist is great. Your aim slows down when you reticule is on the enemy body. In uncharted the assist just drag my aim and stick it in to the enemies butt... :smileysad: Im shooting an enemy, he tries to dive into a small room. he has low health so my grenade can easily kill him. I aim at the door opening and throw it, my enemy dive in and the aim assist drag my aim even still he is behind a wall... the aim is now at wall and the grenade just got thrown. the grenade bounce back and I blow myself up... :smileysad: something like this... inFAMOUS has the perfect aiming speed for a TPS. Nothing is wrong with including aim assist on console shooter. BUT its stupid and retarded to not include a turn it off option. Not everyone is bad at aiming so that he/she needs help. I kinda wish uncharted was on PC now... uncharted is my favourite game of all time
Phala1234 Trophy
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
644 posts

Cod aiming

Jun 12, 2011
Yeah, the 10/10 sensitivity of uncharted 2 is like 2/10 sensitivity of cod... In uncharted 2 multplayer you only have like 70% control over your body... the rest is auto and assist stuff... auto ledge grab, auto switch aim between targets, aim assist etc.
Phala1234 Trophy
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Yeah I played inFAMOUS and man those controls are so tigh...

Jun 12, 2011

Yeah I played inFAMOUS and man those controls are so tight it's great to play. Came back to UC2 and it felt like I was moving a tanker across the sea but I got used to it again XD Wish someone would do comparisons like this guy did for SOCOM4 controls with the move.

This is the kind off stuff I wish ND would talk about but it's down to the players to test these things out. Kudos to the guy who did the analysis of how many shots it takes to kill an enemy with different guns. I remember him asking why ND didn't publish this info themselves and they said it was an unfair advantage as not everyone who plays would see it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
644 posts

Just beat inFAMOUS 2 and man that was an EPIC experience...

Jun 12, 2011
Just beat inFAMOUS 2 and man that was an EPIC experience :smileyhappy: Got back to uncharted 2 and felt like i got 50 years older and lost my reflexes... I had 100% control over Cole and thats awesome. I have like 70% over drake and hate when the game just aim for me...
Phala1234 Trophy
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (53 Views)
0 Likes