Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 24 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3718 posts

Airplane Survival

[ Edited ]
16 replies 312 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

ND have time on their hands to give us Mesh Maps after Mesh Maps, and now that they have possibly finished or are near finishing  TLOU, could they not simply give us ONE, 10 round modes of Airplane Survival for us Co-op fans?

Would it not be cool to have only ONE (exisiting) sequences in Co-op as a 10 round survival mode?

The sequences I speak of is the Airstrip opening sequence.

Enemies should be added in these sequences and should be a 10 round survival mode.

It should be more of a mini fun mode to play. 

All players start off in the Airplane and must stay inside it and take out enemies in trucks around the plane who try to get on. The wave get stronger as time goes on and it get's more and more difficult. 

The enemy spawns should not be that difficult as they will constantly pull up on new trucks around the Airplane.

All players must remain inside the plane and defend it.

The aim of the mode is to stay in the plane and kill all enemies that get into it, after each wave is killed another truck full of tougher enemies appear. They can enter from the back of the cargo plane or the 2 front entrances. 3 entrances for 3 players to defend. 

Later on the rond the LU enemies who appear via smoke bomb can also come inside the plane to add to the difficulty, or they could simply be replaced by Djinns.

This could be an alterante to the survival we've been waiting for.

I think the effort that goes into making 2 or 3 Mesh Maps, can be subtituted for this. I mean all we need is enemies to spawn on trucks around the plane, 10 rounds, and we already have the map made for CMP.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (312 Views)
Survivor
2216 posts

Re: Airplane Survival

Jan 24, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

ND have time on their hands to give us Mesh Maps after Mesh Maps, and now that they have possibly finished or are near finishing  TLOU, could they not simply give us ONE, 10 round modes of Airplane Survival for us Co-op fans?

Would it not be cool to have only ONE (exisiting) sequences in Co-op as a 10 round survival mode?

Enemies should be added in these sequences and should be a 10 round survival mode.

All players start off in the Airplane and must stay inside it and take out enemies in trucks around the plane who try to get on. The wave get stronger as time goes on and it get's more and more difficult. 

The enemy spawns should not be that difficult as they will constantly pull up on new trucks around the Airplane.

The aim of the mode is to stay in the plane and kill all enemies that get into it, after each wave is killed another truck full of tougher enemies appear. They can enter from the back of the cargo plane or the 2 front entrances. 3 entrances for 3 players to defend. 

Later on the rond the LU enemies who appear via smoke bomb can also come inside the plane to add to the difficulty, or they could simply be replaced by Djinns.

I think the effort that goes into making 2 or 3 Mesh Maps, can be subtituted for this. I mean all we need is enemies to spawn on trucks around the plane, 10 rounds, and we already have the map made for CMP.

Thoughts?

Seems fun, But there should be a limit of 10 enemies that can exist at the same time.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jan 24, 2013

There would have to be lots of guns on the plane or there would be no ammo.

If or when they bring block mesh maps to custom games and they were going to do something for co-op I would like them to bring co-op to the block mesh maps by adding some spawns for enemies giving us a lot more maps to play with.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2053 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I would love that! Just as long as it doesn't lag as bad as it does in competitive, but it probably wouldn't be too bad with only three players.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5864 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Seems like 1 big siege mode to me.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jan 24, 2013

This idea DOES sound really neat, Ali, but....... "10 round modes of Airplane Survival" ?

Um, that runway must be what, 10 miles long, heh?!  The heroes should every so often look toward the cockpit and holler, "When the hell is this thing ever taking off?!!!"

I like your thinking outside the box a lot though.

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 24, 2013
^lmao xD

Nice idea Ali :smileywink:

I don't think there should be djinn's though, unless it was put into a shade survival map too that only has shades :smileyhappy:

So one normal survival map and one shade survival map :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (236 Views)
Survivor
2253 posts

Jan 24, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Thoughts?

and it would run a lot more smootly with just 3 people as opposed to a 10 player lobby in competitive

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10030 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I have to say that they're not currently making mesh maps. They're recycling the maps they junked (hence being either blindfire friendly, sniper friendly, etc).

I love the idea, though. Me and my little brother would love to play that (he only plays co-op since he says comp is full of bad people).

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jan 25, 2013

tjw22pm wrote:

This idea DOES sound really neat, Ali, but....... "10 round modes of Airplane Survival" ?

Um, that runway must be what, 10 miles long, heh?!  The heroes should every so often look toward the cockpit and holler, "When the hell is this thing ever taking off?!!!"

I like your thinking outside the box a lot though.

What if the plane did takeoff on say round 5 or 6 and when it did you all fall on to the creates just like in the campaign there would need to be more creates for this to work.

When on the creates you are in cover and its just like the hanging bit at the end of Syria when you get up harder enemies will be there with lots of cover but it may move just like in the campaign.

On round 9 when you get back to the cockpit the plane is steady again and enemies climb up from the back were you just came from and on all rounds enemies come in with smoke bomb on crushing.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (95 Views)
0 Likes