Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 02 2013
By: Matthewsike1st Uncharted Territory 1718 posts

Ammo pickups are... messed up

17 replies 358 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

No idea if this is intended or if it's a glitch, but I figured I'd ask about it. Here it is:

Why is it that if I already have a weapon and I pick up some ammo for it, I only get about half of what I was actually supposed to get? OK, I guess that wasn't a good explanation, so here's an example:

I have a Mag and it's out of ammo. So I go to pick some up, and when I'm supposed to get the full 8 bullets, I only get 3.

This is especially annoying with the Pak-80 in co op, because while I'm supposed to get the FULL 180 BULLETS I end up only picking up 14 BULLETS.

...That is all.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10015 posts

Re: Ammo pickups are... messed up

Apr 2, 2013
Just got what you meant. It's intended.

What I do is I drop the empty weapon first. Ammo pickups have a maximum to what it can give. For example, the M9 can only pick up only up to 64 bullets per gun found lying on the ground.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (354 Views)
Survivor
2251 posts

Apr 2, 2013

well if you think about it, if you're picking up a weapon for the first time you pick up the weapon and full ammo, but if you have that weapon equiped you just pick up the mag or a couple mags from that weapon, an easy way to avoid this is to pick up another weapon than pick up your desired weapon (helps a lot in co-op or else you'll pick up 3 of the same weapons to max your ammo)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Oh. Thanks Stunt!

Honestly I don't see the point of having limited ammo pickup amounts. I mean, why have such a system if you can easily bypass it?

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10015 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Funsies.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Get another pistol then come back and get the Mag... problem solved. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10015 posts

Apr 2, 2013
^ I just said that :smileysad:

Anyway bro, hit me up when you wanna play. I'm not desperate to play with friends or anything haha no not really PLEASE PLAY WITH ME
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (304 Views)
Survivor
2215 posts

Apr 2, 2013
With an exception to the hammer which CAN give you 5 ammo instead of 4.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Apr 2, 2013
And the exception of the dragon sniper in coop adventure wich seems to give you random amounts of ammo between 5 and 15 bullets, weird
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Yeah, they really are messed up.  This is how it works for regular weapons in Co-op right now and possibly Competitive too:

AK: 120 (80% of *WMA)

G-MAL:  30 - 45 (25 - 37,5% of WMA)

M9:  64 (50% of WMA)

Dragon Sniper:  5 - 15,**17 (20 - 60% of WMA with MA mod, 25 - 75% without MA mod)

I won't mention sidearms, because they seem okay IMO (and I can't even remember their pickup amounts :smileytongue: ).

So, as you can see, AK gets HUGE amount of ammo when compared to others. They should be balanced so that each weapon gets the same (or similar) % amount of the weapon's max ammo.

This is how the ammo pickup should work for both Co-op AND Competitive:

AK:   75 OR 90 (50 - 60%)

M9:  64 (50%, same as before)

G-MAL:  45 OR 60 (37,5 - 50%)

Dragon Sniper: 10 (40 - 50%, depending on the mod)

The reason I have more than one option for AK and G-MAL, is because of the clip size mod. The 90 shots for AK, and 45 shots for G-MAL "work" better with the Clip size mod (Both AK and G-MAL get 45 shots in the clip, at least for Competitive). So when you pick up an AK, you get two clips, and for the G-MAL, one clip.

However, G-MAL won't get much chance in the amount of ammo picked up if it's 45, so that's why I have 60 as another option (and it's more balanced with other weapons too). But then again, G-MAL is very accurate, so you miss less when compared to other weapons.

The 64 shots for M9 is perfect, and should not be touched at all.

And finally, the Dragon's random amount of ammo should be changed to something like 10, and possibly extend it to 15 if max ammo mod is installed, but I don't find it necessary. It's more balanced that way, and  the amount also stays the same as when you normally pick up a Dragon from the ground.

*Weapon's max ammo.

**I remember sometimes getting as much as 17 shots from a Dragon on the ground. It might have been someone else's though.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (238 Views)