Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14213 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't think I've actually played a GTA gane where I mindlessly killed people, or have unnecessary collateral damage dealt.

But seriously, the anniversary better not be some stupid Drake statue. That's so last year.

It will be a shirt.

 

This huge anniversary better be the last patch though fixing all the mistakes they made.

 

Otherwise it's not going to make the game better.

 

The solution to all Uncharted problems so far has been "add some more customization, they'll never notice the issues."

 

Sure I wouldn't mind more customization, but some stuff that makes sense. I don't get how Animal hats fit in the Universe but Wetsuit Elena doesn't.

 

Also the look of the game shouldn't come before the playability and fixing issues... It's come before issues since after 1.03.



Message 21 of 84 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3482 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

don't write in colors Smiley Indifferent


that's funny, coming from the guy who kudoed the person who started to write in colour Smiley Wink


oh, that must have happened accidently xD

Message 22 of 84 (286 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 23 of 84 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3482 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.


in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

 

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...

Message 24 of 84 (260 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2013
Message 25 of 84 (258 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3959 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013
I'll wait and see how the gun play is on GTA5 before I buy it. It was just plain awful on GTA4. Not to mention the awkward player movement.
Message 26 of 84 (249 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3241 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.


in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

 

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...




Yet you like UC3 which is just mindlessly shooting stuff.

 

GTA has more to offer than just mindless killing you guys either have never played a GTA game or you only bought GTA to do mindless killing.

Message 27 of 84 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3241 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I'll wait and see how the gun play is on GTA5 before I buy it. It was just plain awful on GTA4. Not to mention the awkward player movement.

Gun play & cover system was copied from Max Payne.

Message 28 of 84 (240 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 11/22/2009
Offline
2348 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

i only buy a game if i believe it'll have a good story or a fun MP, i believe GTA5 will have both ... and i don't think the point of the game is to drive recklessly or kill citizens, yes it's about being a criminal but you shouldn't be judging a game on it's low points, just like uncharted with it's blindfiring scrubs ,,, if you don't want to kill citizens, you can go play tennis, golf, or even do yoga, probably others too ... (doing that infamous stuff is not the point of the game)

Message 29 of 84 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3241 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 12, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

i only buy a game if i believe it'll have a good story or a fun MP, i believe GTA5 will have both ... and i don't think the point of the game is to drive recklessly or kill citizens, yes it's about being a criminal but you shouldn't be judging a game on it's low points, just like uncharted with it's blindfiring scrubs ,,, if you don't want to kill citizens, you can go play tennis, golf, or even do yoga, probably others too ... (doing that infamous stuff is not the point of the game)


and you've never played a GTA game before yet your post is spot on. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 84 (230 Views)