Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2200 posts

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Weird, because i find assassin's creed and infamous really boring, but i really like gta (but gta4 had rubbish characters and features imo) but just chilling in the city is pretty awesome, besides about 95% of the time i'm doing side missions for the single player trophies.

well maybe we find you really boring!! :smileymad:

at least you're a fan of killzone :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 84 (155 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Sep 13, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Weird, because i find assassin's creed and infamous really boring, but i really like gta (but gta4 had rubbish characters and features imo) but just chilling in the city is pretty awesome, besides about 95% of the time i'm doing side missions for the single player trophies.

well maybe we find you really boring!! :smileymad:

at least you're a fan of killzone :smileyvery-happy:

:smileymad: haha :smileyvery-happy:

idk why i hate them... guess they take a long time to get going (AC especially)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 84 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 13, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?

With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.

in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...

I like assassin's creed because I prefer sword combat over guns blazing, but I think assassin's creed missions are pretty boring, and the story is getting worse which each installment too, still going to buy black flag, just because of a lack of games without guns xD

I love infamous because of the story and characters, also toying around with superpowers is awesome, and the traversal is great too, after Uncharted my favorite franchise :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 84 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.

in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...

I like assassin's creed because I prefer sword combat over guns blazing, but I think assassin's creed missions are pretty boring, and the story is getting worse which each installment too, still going to buy black flag, just because of a lack of games without guns xD

I love infamous because of the story and characters, also toying around with superpowers is awesome, and the traversal is great too, after Uncharted my favorite franchise :smileyhappy:

you're right with AC's story, absolutely atrocious, and Connor was the Andy Murray of AC lol. but the worlds and combat are second to none.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 84 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2200 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

you're right with AC's story, absolutely atrocious, and Connor was the Andy Murray of AC lol. but the worlds and combat are second to none.

i agree the stories are getting pretty subpar, but i have hope for AC4, if not for it's story ... the graphics / map & the enhanced gameplay will keep me entertained probably a lot more than the last 3 AC games have

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 84 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Fun Fact: I love GTA, Infamous, AND Assassins Creed. *minds blown*
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 84 (123 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 13, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
Fun Fact: I love GTA, Infamous, AND Assassins Creed. *minds blown*

that's impossible, you're either a fanboy of one or a fanboy of the other :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 84 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I have raced cars actually and I prefer to do that than play a first-person racing game but as for Uncharted, you can't exactly search for treasure in things that are mythological. I mean, even though that myths are usually bent on some kind of truth, it's usually something which is very unworthy of the actual myth. Uncharted basically puts you inside a myth, something which you can't do in real life.

Also, I don't see the fun in killing prostitutes and doing all this disgusting, vulgar stuff just for fun. I mean if there was a giant asteroid made of pimps and the only way to get rid of it would be to kill all prostitutes well then sure, that wouldn't be too bad considering that there would be a plot to it but there's no real point to killing prostitutes. It's all for fun and that's what I don't like about the game.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 84 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 14, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Yet you like UC3 which is just mindlessly shooting stuff.

GTA has more to offer than just mindless killing you guys either have never played a GTA game or you only bought GTA to do mindless killing.

There's an interesting plot in Uncharted and considering that GTA is literally doing shifty, illegal things like taking drugs to mobs and all, I don't like it. I played about 15 minutes of Vice City before I stopped playing in disgust and gave it to a friend.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 84 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9879 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Uncharted is exaggerated archaeology. If you're an archaeologist you can pretty much do that stuff.

Blowing up stuff obviously isn't allowed though. Obvious reasons.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 84 (93 Views)