Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9965 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 14, 2013
Either way I'm getting GTA5 for multiplayer Tennis and probably Bowling.

I'll be so **bleep** unstoppable, I might make the hypothetical tennis and bowling leaderboards.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 84 (181 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Offline
2406 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.


in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

 

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...




Yet you like UC3 which is just mindlessly shooting stuff.

 

GTA has more to offer than just mindless killing you guys either have never played a GTA game or you only bought GTA to do mindless killing.


There's an interesting plot in Uncharted and considering that GTA is literally doing shifty, illegal things like taking drugs to mobs and all, I don't like it. I played about 15 minutes of Vice City before I stopped playing in disgust and gave it to a friend.



GTA games have interesting plots as well btw. And Drake does illegal things as well, I don't understand the blatant double standards in this thread, he steals & kills as well.

 

well the name 'Grand Theft Auto' clearly illustrates what kinda game it is lol. Funny Enough Vice City is my fave :smileytongue:.

Either way I like the stories in GTA & the characters are always memorable. each to their own.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 84 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/29/2013
Offline
396 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.


in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

 

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...


Weird, because i find assassin's creed and infamous really boring, but i really like gta (but gta4 had rubbish characters and features imo) but just chilling in the city is pretty awesome, besides about 95% of the time i'm doing side missions for the single player trophies.


I like assassin's creed because I prefer sword combat over guns blazing, but I think assassin's creed missions are pretty boring, and the story is getting worse which each installment too, still going to buy black flag, just because of a lack of games without guns xD

 

I love infamous because of the story and characters, also toying around with superpowers is awesome, and the traversal is great too, after Uncharted my favorite franchise :smileyhappy:


you're right with AC's story, absolutely atrocious, and Connor was the Andy Murray of AC lol. but the worlds and combat are second to none.


i agree the stories are getting pretty subpar, but i have hope for AC4, if not for it's story ... the graphics / map & the enhanced gameplay will keep me entertained probably a lot more than the last 3 AC games have


FYI: inFamous frustrated me because i defeated a massive bug thing, then it saved, then next day i played it and it took me back to before i killed said bug thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 84 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 15, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.


in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

 

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...


Weird, because i find assassin's creed and infamous really boring, but i really like gta (but gta4 had rubbish characters and features imo) but just chilling in the city is pretty awesome, besides about 95% of the time i'm doing side missions for the single player trophies.


I like assassin's creed because I prefer sword combat over guns blazing, but I think assassin's creed missions are pretty boring, and the story is getting worse which each installment too, still going to buy black flag, just because of a lack of games without guns xD

 

I love infamous because of the story and characters, also toying around with superpowers is awesome, and the traversal is great too, after Uncharted my favorite franchise :smileyhappy:


you're right with AC's story, absolutely atrocious, and Connor was the Andy Murray of AC lol. but the worlds and combat are second to none.


i agree the stories are getting pretty subpar, but i have hope for AC4, if not for it's story ... the graphics / map & the enhanced gameplay will keep me entertained probably a lot more than the last 3 AC games have


FYI: inFamous frustrated me because i defeated a massive bug thing, then it saved, then next day i played it and it took me back to before i killed said bug thing.


you find the game frustrating just because of one glitch? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 84 (149 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/29/2013
Offline
396 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 15, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I never liked GTA. If I want to drive a stolen car and kill 3 prostitutes on the sidewalk I can just drive a car into my school. Anyway, I believe the Anniversary will be another little show like Eye of Indra. I mean Eric is giving this idea A LOT more enthuasism than a lot of his other 'surprises'. Either he's really overselling this thing or it could be pretty awesome.

 

Or... only just thought of this now. "Sony needs to sign off on it."

Could it be something to do with the signing of Uncharted 4?


With that logic, what's the point of playing any games? Why play Gran Turismo, when you can just participate in races in real life? Why play Uncharted, when you can search for treasure in mythical cities in real life? GTA has a fantastic sense of humour and great characters. Minus Roman Bellic.


in my opinion GTA has a horrible sense of humor, I hate the atmosphere and the story and characters, and I hate the over the top violence and sexual content, I just read the ESRB from GTA5, seriously, what are those guys at rockstar thinking...

 

besides, the gameplay is boring to me, I prefer open world games like assassin's creed or infamous, in which traversal is important, not just mindlessly shooting stuff, that's boring to me...


Weird, because i find assassin's creed and infamous really boring, but i really like gta (but gta4 had rubbish characters and features imo) but just chilling in the city is pretty awesome, besides about 95% of the time i'm doing side missions for the single player trophies.


I like assassin's creed because I prefer sword combat over guns blazing, but I think assassin's creed missions are pretty boring, and the story is getting worse which each installment too, still going to buy black flag, just because of a lack of games without guns xD

 

I love infamous because of the story and characters, also toying around with superpowers is awesome, and the traversal is great too, after Uncharted my favorite franchise :smileyhappy:


you're right with AC's story, absolutely atrocious, and Connor was the Andy Murray of AC lol. but the worlds and combat are second to none.


i agree the stories are getting pretty subpar, but i have hope for AC4, if not for it's story ... the graphics / map & the enhanced gameplay will keep me entertained probably a lot more than the last 3 AC games have


FYI: inFamous frustrated me because i defeated a massive bug thing, then it saved, then next day i played it and it took me back to before i killed said bug thing.


you find the game frustrating just because of one glitch? :smileytongue:


Pretty much lol. Especially as it took me 20 mins to kill it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 84 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9965 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 15, 2013

I'd be **bleep** myself as well if I had to repeat a tedious part of the game because I assumed it really did save it. For example, attaining a "Silent Assassin" rank in Hitman only to have to do it again; beating the 1st placer racer in NFS: TR and apparently it didn't save so I have to do the stupid cargo part again; having to repeat the most tedious stealth kill-only part I did in TLOU and doing it again because apparently my saves go back in time to screw to over; etc etc.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 84 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/29/2013
Offline
396 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 15, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I'd be **bleep** myself as well if I had to repeat a tedious part of the game because I assumed it really did save it. For example, attaining a "Silent Assassin" rank in Hitman only to have to do it again; beating the 1st placer racer in NFS: TR and apparently it didn't save so I have to do the stupid cargo part again; having to repeat the most tedious stealth kill-only part I did in TLOU and doing it again because apparently my saves go back in time to screw to over; etc etc.


I agree, it's like SOCOM: Special Forces/4: Navy SEALs, where whenever you went off the game mid-mission, supposedly getting a checkpoint, and coming back to it later and finding you're back at the beginning again.

 

I gave up on it at about the halfway point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 84 (141 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
2678 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:
I don't appreciate it if it's in movies either, and yes, I think sexual content in any game or movie is pathetic, it does nothing to make the story better, and it's just in there for the dirty guys, it's totally disgusting...

really?  please explain how movies like 9 1/2 weeks, Basic Instinct, Eyes Wide Shut, Brokeback Mountain, etc., etc. could be made without sexual content? lol.  "does nothing to make the story better"........um, sex is central to the plot of many films.  Films are made about adults.  Adults have sex.  There's nothing dirty about it.  I'm 99% sure even your parents had sex one time. 

 

The plot of the movie "The Accused" starring Jodie Foster (for which she won the Oscar for best actress) is her character being raped and fighting for justice against the individuals who raped her.   Explain how this film, for which Jodie Foster won an Oscar, could be made with out sexual content. lol.  The sexaul content was just there for "the dirty guys"......lol.  Yes because a dramatic film about a woman being brutally raped and fighting to bring the perpetrators to justice is so hot..  So many "dirty guys" were jerking off to it that the Academy gave Jodie Foster an Oscar to honor her soley for the amount of sperm spilled by "dirty guys" jerking off to her gut wrenching rape scene. 

 

no offense man but how old are you?   smh.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 84 (126 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

GTA!

Sep 16, 2013

GTA tommorow! Woo!

 

Spoiler
I won't be buying it till next week though. :smileysad:

 

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 84 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9965 posts
 

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

Sep 16, 2013
@solid you and me both.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 84 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes