Fender Bender
3613 posts

Re: GTA!

Sep 16, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

GTA tommorow! Woo!

Spoiler
I won't be buying it till next week though. Smiley Sad

school attendance cut in half tomorrow lol.

Do you feel me?

Message 71 of 84 (301 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: An Interview with Eric Monacelli: Part 2

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

lEvilDeadl wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:
I don't appreciate it if it's in movies either, and yes, I think sexual content in any game or movie is pathetic, it does nothing to make the story better, and it's just in there for the dirty guys, it's totally disgusting...

really?  please explain how movies like 9 1/2 weeks, Basic Instinct, Eyes Wide Shut, Brokeback Mountain, etc., etc. could be made without sexual content? lol.  "does nothing to make the story better"........um, sex is central to the plot of many films.  Films are made about adults.  Adults have sex.  There's nothing dirty about it.  I'm 99% sure even your parents had sex one time. 

The plot of the movie "The Accused" starring Jodie Foster (for which she won the Oscar for best actress) is her character being raped and fighting for justice against the individuals who raped her.   Explain how this film, for which Jodie Foster won an Oscar, could be made with out sexual content. lol.  The sexaul content was just there for "the dirty guys"......lol.  Yes because a dramatic film about a woman being brutally raped and fighting to bring the perpetrators to justice is so hot..  So many "dirty guys" were jerking off to it that the Academy gave Jodie Foster an Oscar to honor her soley for the amount of sperm spilled by "dirty guys" jerking off to her gut wrenching rape scene. 

no offense man but how old are you?   smh.

how old I am had nothing to do with it, I think it's inappropriate to show it, I haven't seen those movies you mentioned, but when you talk about that Jodie Foster movie 'The Accused' then you have a point, it can't be made without showing sexual content, and I'll believe you when it's a good movie, however, I must say that I can watch that movie even though it contains sexual content, because it is indeed necessary, you care about the motivations of the character to take revenge on the people who raped her, however, I won't enjoy watching her get raped, but I will enjoy (I don't know if that will happen, haven't watched the movie) seeing her take revenge on the people who raped her even more because of I knew what she has been through...

so you're right, there are movies in which it is nescessary, however, you could have convinced me about that without being so offensive, but whatever...

I do still think that in games like GTA it's unnescessary and it's only in there for pathetic people that enjoy watching other people have sex, and I won't buy the game because the developer made that decision, end of story...

Message 72 of 84 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I do still think that in games like GTA it's unnescessary and it's only in there for pathetic people that enjoy watching other people have sex, and I won't buy the game because the developer made that decision, end of story...

Yo sound so ignorant please stop embarrassing yourself... Thanks!

Message 73 of 84 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Sep 16, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

define 'ignorant', there is nothing ignorant of what I said, I know previous games, I have the ESRB rating to go on, and I even saw footage of it in a number of reviews I just watched, I'm sorry that you feel offended for not liking the game you care about, how embarrassing...

Message 74 of 84 (258 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

define 'ignorant', there is nothing ignorant of what I said, I know previous games, I have the ESRB rating to go on, and I even saw footage of it in a number of reviews I just watched, I'm sorry that you feel offended for not liking the game you care about, how embarrassing...

I don't feel offended by you not liking GTA, not everyone will like it nor do I expect everyone to. Calling people who enjoy Mature rated content in a game 'Pathetic' is ignorant. Games are a form of entertainment, just like music, movies I don't understand why you think sex doesn't belong in video games this isn't the early 90's when games were considered to be for kids only... you have no problem with extreme Gore in games like TLOU yet sex is a problem... what's the difference?

Message 75 of 84 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I don't feel offended by you not liking GTA, not everyone will like it nor do I expect everyone to. Calling people who enjoy Mature rated content in a game 'Pathetic' is ignorant. Games are a form of entertainment, just like music, movies I don't understand why you think sex doesn't belong in video games this isn't the early 90's when games were considered to be for kids only... you have no problem with extreme Gore in games like TLOU yet sex is a problem... what's the difference?

the difference is, is that sex we can have in real life, that's normal, killing people is not normal, so I have no problem with violence in games (although I would like it if there is a reason to kill, I don't like driving over the first citizen I come across...), because we can't do it in real life, it's just that simple, so people who enjoy sex in games (and movies btw, I'm not just talking about games here) are in my eyes pathetic, I can't possibly understand why it's enjoyable to watch other people have sex, it's disgusting in my eyes...

Message 76 of 84 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

the difference is, is that sex we can have in real life, that's normal, killing people is not normal, so I have no problem with violence in games (although I would like it if there is a reason to kill, I don't like driving over the first citizen I come across...), because we can't do it in real life, it's just that simple, so people who enjoy sex in games (and movies btw, I'm not just talking about games here) are in my eyes pathetic, I can't possibly understand why it's enjoyable to watch other people have sex, it's disgusting in my eyes...

Except there isn't stimulated sex in GTA you have strippers/ strip clubs, Prostitutes and the occasional scenes with sexual gestures. GTA isn't even about sex it's more about doing Robberies, taking out other criminals and black market activities this misconception that it's a game centered aroud sex is stupid. GTA games have great well written stories with deep character developments and stories that tackles serious issues that actually happens in society.  So basically what I got from your comment is you don't like doing things in video games that you can do in real life (lol). Okay

I wont expound as to why sex is perfectly fine and is enjoyed as a form of entertainment because that's probably going to get my comment deleted so i'll leave it at this.Just be aware that everyone has different preferences so labeling one 'pathetic' for enjoying something you dont is simply well... figure it out.

Message 77 of 84 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 16, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Except there isn't stimulated sex in GTA you have strippers/ strip clubs, Prostitutes and the occasional scenes with sexual gestures. GTA isn't even about sex it's more about doing Robberies, taking out other criminals and black market activities this misconception that it's a game centered aroud sex is stupid. GTA games have great well written stories with deep character developments and stories that tackles serious issues that actually happens in society.  So basically what I got from your comment is you don't like doing things in video games that you can do in real life (lol). Okay

I wont expound as to why sex is perfectly fine and is enjoyed as a form of entertainment because that's probably going to get my comment deleted so i'll leave it at this.Just be aware that everyone has different preferences so labeling one 'pathetic' for enjoying something you dont is simply well... figure it out.

I'm not saying the whole game is about it, I am saying that the game contains it, and indeed it doesn't show it, but it does show you that it is going on and you hear the characters, and that's disgusting in my eyes, and yes, I consider people who are enjoying that to be pathetic, I don't care if I by saying that call 99% of the world pathetic, I'm very well aware that I am probably the odd one out, but it's what I have to say about it...

edit: I meant 49%, because women are not so disgusting as most men are...

Message 78 of 84 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Sep 16, 2013

Just drop it already Smiley Indifferent

Message 79 of 84 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts