Jan 14 2014
By: swaggbusterboi18 First Son 32 posts

Any Tips On

5 replies 353 views Edited Jan 14, 2014

Custom game like Clan Battle matches. (This is for anyone that has ever had experince of playing) Ok let me tell you my story..Ok over the years of playing Uc3 for some reason i can never preform well. I just need ways to help me think clearly how to not always rush..Thanks...

Message 1 of 6 (353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Any Tips On

Jan 15, 2014
I usually rush bc that's just how I play. But often I force myself not to. I used to focus on getting kills. And if I locked myself onto chasing down one target, I would often die omw to them. If I focus on staying alive and make that my first priority, I do much better overall.

I've only played a couple custom clan battles. One was 3v3 FN rules, one was 5v5 more laid back rules. My team won both times. But I picked my best clan members of course. I wasn't the one who carried the team.

As far as battling a clan, come up with a gameplan with your team. Try to control a certain area of the map. Stick together and let them come to you. Or, try to flank them. Just depends on how you guys play as a team.
Message 2 of 6 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 15, 2014

you judt need to know what youre doing and anticipate what the other team is going to do based on map and mode

add me on psn! LIKEABAWS1996 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3232319070.png
Message 3 of 6 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 15, 2014

Sounds like you already know one thing to improve…judging when and when not to rush.  I'd say I'm an average competitive player that used to be horrible….

Here are some things I focused on:

• Die as little as possible!  As much as I hate to focus any attention on K/D ratio, if you die less than you kill, then you've done your part for your team.  In my view, it's better to go 5-3 than 17-20 - 5 kills may not seem glorious but if everyone on your team does the same…guess what?  In nearly every case, I will choose trying to survive over a chance to get a kill…a notable exception would be to support/backup a teammate.  If you just can’t manage to stay above 1, then “buddy” up with someone (to support/protect/back them up) on your team  and judge your performance on your combined stats.
  • Be aware.  Make use of the camera, look behind you…often.  Get to know the maps.  Stick to the edge of the maps as much as you can (not always though…you don’t want to become predictable).  Once you’ve been sniped enough, you’ll know routes/areas to traverse quickly or avoid entirely.
  • Play, play, play.  As frustrating as it can be, there’s no substitute for experience.  Over time, you’ll get to anticipate what other players will do and where they’re likely to be or routes they’ll travel on any given map.  If someone is camping, flank them…as disappointing as it might be to miss a kill opportunity when you get there…at least you’re still alive!
  • Game with friends.  Not only will they provide company, you’ll get to know their playing style and can complement it.  The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
  • Know your strengths…and weaknesses…adjust accordingly.

If you’ve played a lot, then you must be good at something.  In my case, I’m more of a support player.  I have very good aim at mid-range but I pretty much suck in close quarters – particularly against blind firers because I nearly always aim - a “bad” habit I picked up from playing so much coop. Smiley Happy  Rather than re-invent the wheel, I focus on my strengths and adjust my gameplay accordingly.   If you want more, start with what you’re good at and build yourself up gradually in other areas…don’t try to do it all at once.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6 (293 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 15, 2014

"" In my view, it's better to go 5-3 than 17-20 - 5 kills may not seem glorious but if everyone on your team does the same…guess what? ""

This!!

Message 5 of 6 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 16, 2014
I've played quite a few clan battles and all that I can really say is know the spawns and high traffic areas. You go in alone, you die, simple as that.

It's all about teamwork. If you don't help each other then you may as well just stand in the middle of the map and start doing The Carlton (which I'm not against).

As for not dying... If you're a rusher, rush from a different position. If you usually go head on, try flanking from the side or from behind. You rush and it's more better that way. Sorry, don't have many tips for M9s.
Bang Bang!

Message 6 of 6 (238 Views)