Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: Anyone else disgusted at ND over Stage 2?

Aug 22, 2012

snwbored wrote:

I bought Marlowe's Para 9, Talbot's FAL, Eddies' AK, and Chloe's M9.  "I mean... charging people a dollar for stuff they can unlock in the game in a few hours?"  I've had one treasure set missing for every one of those, for way over three months now. 

Do you buy the Gun or the Treasure, I cannot remember?

Message 91 of 100 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 22, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:

snwbored wrote:

I bought Marlowe's Para 9, Talbot's FAL, Eddies' AK, and Chloe's M9.  "I mean... charging people a dollar for stuff they can unlock in the game in a few hours?"  I've had one treasure set missing for every one of those, for way over three months now. 

Do you buy the Gun or the Treasure, I cannot remember?

You buy the weapon/custom item only. It'll most likely be the same once the other customization items for every character are available as DLC.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 92 of 100 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents while I'm here. While I'm okay with ND selling event weapons/clothing as DLC (although I would really LOVE to know why the PAX items didn't make the cut -_-), I think its a bit ridiculous going as far as selling base weapons as DLC as well. I'm up for choices but c'mon, guns you unlock at level 12, 16? Really? 

There's a difference between buying that one clothing item that you've been trying to get from co-op for months to no avail, versus buying a base M9, HUGE difference. As for my feelings towards ND, they're still one of my favorite developers and I'll gladly buy DLC of theirs (SOME), but I'm a bit shocked at this kind of move. 

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 93 of 100 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I like this idea. Now I have a few guns I've either grinded or wanted to grind for * cough * Elenas Raffica * cough * 

Message 94 of 100 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Aug 22, 2012
The PAX items didn't make the cut because ND said they do not have the rights to release those.
Message 95 of 100 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2012

snwbored wrote:
The PAX items didn't make the cut because ND said they do not have the rights to release those.

I'm aware of that, but why then did the PAX Prime shirt for Hero get added? Its all PAX right? They even showed the freaking PAX G-mal in the 1.13 video -_- It doesn't make sense to me is all, I was really wanting that red PAX East shirt for Villain, its even listed in the stage 2 DLC as buyable.

Message 96 of 100 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Aug 22, 2012

**bleep**! Now all the lazy people will have the weapons that we spend hours to take them throught MP. I just buy only the event things. Nothing more...from all the other stuff i didnt buy nothing cause i want to take them by myself :smileyhappy:

Also i have a complain:

Where in the world is Pax East & Pax Prime shirts? They announce them in the blog but neither in US or EU PS store are..does anyone knows anything? :/

Message 97 of 100 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

Aug 22, 2012

This sounds like something Activisionwould do.

Ahh well, no more ND products for me. kanyeshrug.

Message 98 of 100 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
407 posts

Aug 22, 2012

lve_msg wrote:

"What I posted in other thread"

Did no one read the 1.13 patch notes from 3 weeks ago?

Here's a screencap of the page and I highlighted what everyone apparently didn't read.

http://imgur.com/H0vxI

Everyone should have known this was coming & don't say "I saw that, but thought it was a joke/didn't understand"

Because the day that blog was posted people should have made a thread like this if they felt that way.

Quoting for truth.

People don't pay attention and read, then get all surprised like they never saw it coming.

Message 99 of 100 (77 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

Aug 22, 2012

I really don't see the point of threads like this.  Okay, NDI offers DLC for purchase and you don't want to buy it......cool, so why are you worried about what other people want to spend their money on?

"oh noes...what if somebody buys the M9 not knowing that it unlocks at level 16".   yeah...'cause people generally buy DLC before ever playing the game to see the M9 in their loadout menu on which it clearly states "unlocked at level 16".  So you don't think all of the guys who play with the M9 should be able to pay $1 to use their gun of choice every game, every time they legacy?  I just don't get it.  Why do you guys care if my buddy pays $1 of his money so he can use the M9 every game he plays...including  all the times he legacies and is set back to level 1 (especially legacy 5 when levelling is muuuuuch slower).  Same with the FAL.   Do you guys know how long it takes to get to level 50 on the 5th legacy?  ...and people who main the FAL shouldn't be able to spend $1 to use their main weapon and be stuck using other guns for weeks?

so you play a bunch of modes to get a lot of different treasures, good for you.  I don't play Hardcore.  As such I paid $1 for Talbot's FAL.  get over it.  it's none of your business what I choose to spend my money on.

I like both stages of DLC so far.  A variety of items very cheaply.  So far I've bought Elena's Veil, Drake's elf ears, Marlow's phantom mask, Dead Explorer's nose ring, Prakoso's skull chain, Heisman taunt, Talbot's FAL, Elena's Raffica (just on a whim to see what her 3rd booster was), Chloe's M9 and Talbot's half gas mask.   I put a total of $10 in my PS store wallet and still have like $2 left.  That's a lot of content at a very small price.  I don't care if you like what I spend my money on or not. 

Message 100 of 100 (56 Views)