I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: Are M9 and Para 9 overpowered?

Dec 18, 2012

Yeah. Ok, lol, thanks anyway! xD

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 60 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Not exactly Overpowered just Overused.

Well the reason they're overused is because they're so good at everything Smiley Tongue

ill agree they are good at most things, but its also overused because every other weapon has been nerfed to death.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 12 of 60 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Cool vid dude

The m9 can be considered overpowered especially since theres no real commitment involved from the player to score a kill. Those who say otherwise, are lying. The m9 has atrong aim assist as well, it just stands out more since its the only weapon, besides snipers which cripple it, that has it so high now. I've noticed i can get kills i don't deserve with this gun. I can miss and still get kills....just like the tbolt -_-

I can be running around and have sum1 jump at me from the side and still the reticle can find a way to them with no struggle from aiming by me. I know maby of u noticed that if u shoot a zigzagging blindfirer and not have your reticle on them....BAM u can still get the kill. Headshots with this gun are pretty much a freebie its insane. Pair that with no recoil and the insane blindfire the m9 has and u have EASY kills. It would be more fair if they lowered the aim assist to that of the gmal and fal. Those guns u actually have to aim.

Try blindfiring then wack'n roll with the m9. Extremely easy and fast kills. The opponent never stood a chance.

The para 9 is pretty strong obviously. U can even take out ppl using long guns with it lol
A bit more recoil on it would help balance it more.

Nerf blindfire
With that being said, just standing there and blindfiring the m9 or para while having an insane amount of mobility makes for extremely cheap kills, even if your opponent tries to run away...the blindfire lockon will guarantee their death. The players in the tournament are just exploiting that.
Message 13 of 60 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2124 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Overpowered in terms of blindfire.

Message 14 of 60 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 18, 2012

It's overpowered. Both of them.

The M9, in an average player's hands, has good EVERYTHING and goes up to mid-range. Goodp layers make it reach the Sniper range.

The Para? Bro, I took out a sniper camper with a Para. You go tell me it's not OP.

I don't want it changed, though. You guys opted for this, technically speaking.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 15 of 60 (296 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6804 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Both are broken due to blindfire. In terms of aimed capability the M9 is fine (minus the RoF mod) and can easily be beat out by other guns. It's blindfire though is so strong that people can just rush with it constantly, and that just isn't balanced with it's already really solid accuracy. The Para 9 is a little too strong compared to the other pistols in terms of aimed power, but it's supposed to be one of the better pistols for aiming. The Tau can beat it though, the Micro shouldn't be better at aiming but is made inferior because the Para's blindfire accuracy is way too strong when that should be where the Micro is the best, and the Raffica needs a damage buff. Due to the different aiming strengths of the pistols, and since the Para9 is the best pistol for aiming (ignoring the Tau because it's a sniper pistol) then it should have the worst blindfire. The Micro should be the best at blindfire, then the Raffica, then the Para9, and then the Tau. The M9 has the same issue where it's blindfire should be worse than the AK's but still better than the semi-automatics, but instead it's about as good as the Kal 7.

Essentially nerf the blindfire on the Para 9 so it's better than the Tau but worse than the Raffica, and nerf the M9's blindfire so it's worse than the AK's but still better than the semi-autos.

Message 16 of 60 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Para-9 is better at a distance than a Raffica (it should have less recoil or 1 bullet reduced) and a bit to strong at blindfiring. The M9's problem is the RoF Mod and it's blindfire should be more like the AK's. Did the 10% reduction even do anything? It should be like blindfiring with the Belling plus mask on. (another 10% reduction at least) I'm starting to believe that the G-Mal's stopping power and aim assist reduction would have been enough! Why use the G-Mal now when the M9 feels easier to control at allmost all distances now?

Edit: They got the Fal right in UC2 by having zero recoil (obviously the G-Mal needs recoil to balance it out in UC3, but it's currently a bit to high) but making it's base zoom high enough that an automatic like the AK-47 could easily beat it at that range. It's like trying to beat an M9 user with a Dragon in CQC. You might get a lucky shot but most of the time the M9 user will beat you.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 17 of 60 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Nerf blindfire across the board. It's not just broken on the M9 and Para 9. People seem to forget that simply because they are the two most popular weapons. The blindfire is the strongest trait of both the M9 and the Para 9, but blindfire is simply too strong, period. There. Zero ego-stroking stories about beasting on people with the M9 and Para 9 (you aren't fooling me, StuntDouble). Just the straight facts.

Again: blindfire shouldn't be as strong as it is. Not on any weapon. The M9 and Para 9 are two popular weapons that both have good blindfire. Hence, people want to nerf both of them with a prejudice that previously didn't exist (thus continuing this community's predictable pattern).

So my answer: no, the M9 and Para 9 aren't overpowered. Blindfire is.

Message 18 of 60 (251 Views)
Sackboy
541 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Both are fine, in my opinion. I get long range kills with the AK all the time! (Accuracy+Clip Size or Scope Zoom = Beast!)

Perfect weapon balance is impossible to achieve, so please stop asking for nerfs.
On another note, great video; I'll definitely subscribe!

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 19 of 60 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Black_MiD wrote:

Both are fine, in my opinion. I get long range kills with the AK all the time! (Accuracy+Clip Size or Scope Zoom = Beast!)

Perfect weapon balance is impossible to achieve, so please stop asking for nerfs.
On another note, great video; I'll definitely subscribe!

AK's my favorite weapon, too. Though, I use Navarro's AK, not a Weapon Expert one.

And what he said: perfect weapon balance is impossible to achieve. Get over it and let's go to fixing the glitches.

Message 20 of 60 (239 Views)