Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Re: Are M9 and Para 9 overpowered?

Dec 19, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Pretty much why I hate blindfire is everything that just happened in this clip.

• Stopping power somehow does nothing to him, despite it being the AK which some swear has the highest stopping power.
  • I started shooting way before him, but still died.
  • I aimed while he blindfired, and still died.
  • Lag came to the blindfirers rescue.
  • Melee takes out 50% of health so if blindfire only received a small nerf he probably would have still killed me in this situation.

Not a widespread problem ND? Oh so I guess you shouldn't have fixed the reset glitch either because after all, it wasn't a widespread problem. Although that's a joke, I'm serious when I say blindfire is a widespread problem and things like this happen constantly, when they shouldn't.

Lag usually causes mutual deaths. It even happens when 2 players aim their guns.

I'm not saying that blindfire is OK in its current state (especially when it has SP), but I will always consider lag a more important issue, while on the other hand you have said that gameplay is more important than lag. Different priorities, I guess.

I've said it before: in a relatively lag-free environment, slight gameplay imbalances don't matter that much.

Sure it would be great if lag could be removed as much as possible, but the thing is, lag is something that will always be there until we have world wide easy access to high speed internet. Sure they can improve matchmaking to decrease lag but it will always be there. At least if the gameplay were more solid the lag wouldn't be making already frustrating gameplay issues even worse. And I know that lag can lead to mutual aimed deaths but at least in those cases the other person had to actually aim. Blindfire makes me rage far harder than lag. Blindfire is a choice by people to abuse an obviously broken system, but lag is for many people out of their control. They don't have the capability to upgrade to better internet and even when the matchmaking works better you'll still encounter lag.

I'm not saying that blindfire is a bigger issue than lag but it's far more fixable. For ND to balance blindfire they would just have to finally concede that it's broken and balance it. There's so many ways that they could instantly make blindfire more balanced that wouldn't be hard to figure out. Lag on the other hand would require accounting for all the different potential connections of people and setting up better matchmaking, that would require probably a lot more programming and time to fine tune to something that would get rid of the majority of the lag, without severely segmenting the player pool at the same time.

Which one can you think of more simple steps for to make it better instantly off the top of your head? Blindfire or Matchmaking? For me it's blindfire.

Message 51 of 60 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Which one can you think of more simple steps for to make it better instantly off the top of your head? Blindfire or Matchmaking? For me it's blindfire.

I think that both of them can be addressed easily: strictly ping-based matchmaking & zero stopping power when you blindfire & more stopping power when you aim.

Anyway, my point is that fixing lag will also fix a multitude of problems, not just blindfire, while on the other hand, fixing blindfire will do just that and nothing else.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 52 of 60 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Dec 19, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I think that both of them can be addressed easily: strictly ping-based matchmaking & zero stopping power when you blindfire & more stopping power when you aim.

Anyway, my point is that fixing lag will also fix a multitude of problems, not just blindfire, while on the other hand, fixing blindfire will do just that and nothing else.

But fixing blindfire will make me smile so which would you really prefer?

I'd honestly rather have a balanced game that can get messed up by lag, than an imbalanced game that has no lag (which is impossible in this age, but I'm making my point).

And do you honestly thing that strictly ping based matchmaking will both make all lag vanish and also not severerly limit the player pool at the same time?

Message 53 of 60 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 19, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I'd honestly rather have a balanced game that can get messed up by lag, than an imbalanced game that has no lag (which is impossible in this age, but I'm making my point).

And do you honestly thing that strictly ping based matchmaking will both make all lag vanish and also not severerly limit the player pool at the same time?

If I had to choose between ping-based and a blindfire fix, I'd choose the former. Either way, both of them are quite easy to be implemented, so there's no need to choose one or the other.

90% of lag would vanish, which is pretty good if you ask me. It's very rare to see someone with 4-5 bars lagging badly due to packet loss (teleporting, ice skating, freezing etc). I'm sure you've noticed that sometimes.

Word of mouth would help to bring back frustrated players, so that could grow the player pool.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 54 of 60 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Dec 19, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

If I had to choose between ping-based and a blindfire fix, I'd choose the former. Either way, both of them are quite easy to be implemented, so there's no need to choose one or the other.

90% of lag would vanish, which is pretty good if you ask me. It's very rare to see someone with 4-5 bars lagging badly due to packet loss (teleporting, ice skating, freezing etc). I'm sure you've noticed that sometimes.

Word of mouth would help to bring back frustrated players, so that could grow the player pool.

I don't think 90% of lag would vanish. I've encountered people with 4 bars who still manage to have a delay on their death, such as going around a corner and dying a split second later. Like I was saying, there will always be lag and I don't even encounter that super terrible lag that much right now, despite being matched constantly with people who don't speak the same langauge as me. Yes they'll lag, but even then right now I mostly get match with people who have 3-5 bars.

I also don't think that many players would come back, and not nearly enough to replace the people with lower ping that I would normally encounter. Uncharted 3 is an old game. It's over a year, and new games are constantly coming out. There's probably the veterans who mostly will continue regardless of it's state, and then the new U3 owners who may or may not become long time players. I'm not saying the reduced player pool is a reason not to though, but it's a negative side effect that can complicate things.

Making all the multiplayer maps free and adding strictly ping based at the same time wouldn't hurt though. Although it may pain ND to approve making them free. 

Message 55 of 60 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 19, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

1) I also don't think that many players would come back, and not nearly enough to replace the people with lower ping that I would normally encounter. Uncharted 3 is an old game. It's over a year, and new games are constantly coming out. There's probably the veterans who mostly will continue regardless of it's state, and then the new U3 owners who may or may not become long time players. I'm not saying the reduced player pool is a reason not to though, but it's a negative side effect that can complicate things.

2) Making all the multiplayer maps free and adding strictly ping based at the same time wouldn't hurt though. Although it may pain ND to approve making them free. 

1) There is a "big surprise" coming in early 2013 that may help the player pool.

2) Sony holds the copyrights. I don't think that it will "pain" them that much, considering the fact that it's cheaper to buy the GOTY*, than all the map packs individually.

* http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/compare/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-game-of-the-year-ps3/B008CCD79Y

Also, that "surprise" I was talking about can also help Sony/ND to sell more DLCs through microtransactions, so those sales could subsidize the cost of the map packs.

Message 56 of 60 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

So I just made a video about this and want to know what you guys think. My opinions and reasons are in the video, but for those too lazy to watch it I think that I needs to be nerfed. What are your guys' opinions?

first things first you are a great commentator and i bet you have some awesome videos out there

but anyways, i'm a strong user of the g-mal, after 1.13 i resisted at first to use the m9, but eventually i got PO enough on how fast and easily people were killing me with the m9 so i used it for a week or so then went back to the g-mal have never gone back to it and i am still doing extremely well with the g-mal, but i definitely think the weapons should be more restricted to their playstyle, like you said in the video, the m9 should only be as good as it is in cqc not for long range battles, i have a lot of hate for the m9

as for the para i don't believe that it is OP, it is a good pistol, but it does take a lot more skill to use it or to kill long range targets than the m9 does, and depending on how good you are with the tau and the rafflica, they could be close to as effective long range too, (closer than the comparison with the ak and the m9) and the micro is still a pretty strong contender to the para in cqc since it's easier to use but not quite as accurate...

overall, even though the para is the best pistol, it still has it's competitors, but with the m9 it really does stand too far out from the ak, and it really shouldn't be as good as it is in circumstances that automatic weapons should be powerless in

Message 57 of 60 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Dec 19, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

1) I also don't think that many players would come back, and not nearly enough to replace the people with lower ping that I would normally encounter. Uncharted 3 is an old game. It's over a year, and new games are constantly coming out. There's probably the veterans who mostly will continue regardless of it's state, and then the new U3 owners who may or may not become long time players. I'm not saying the reduced player pool is a reason not to though, but it's a negative side effect that can complicate things.

2) Making all the multiplayer maps free and adding strictly ping based at the same time wouldn't hurt though. Although it may pain ND to approve making them free. 

1) There is a "big surprise" coming in early 2013 that may help the player pool.

2) Sony holds the copyrights. I don't think that it will "pain" them that much, considering the fact that it's cheaper to buy the GOTY*, than all the map packs individually.

* http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/compare/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-game-of-the-year-ps3/B008CCD79Y

Also, that "surprise" I was talking about can also help Sony/ND to sell more DLCs through microtransactions, so those sales could subsidize the cost of the map packs.

In my honest opinion, I don't even think making online 100% F2P like if you had the disc, with all map packs included, would make that many people not only go back to U3 but also stay for the long run. It's just too old. Granted that I played U2 for two years, but for the average person, after a year a game is already dated.

Message 58 of 60 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 19, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

In my honest opinion, I don't even think making online 100% F2P like if you had the disc, with all map packs included, would make that many people not only go back to U3 but also stay for the long run. It's just too old. Granted that I played U2 for two years, but for the average person, after a year a game is already dated.

Kinda true, but on the other hand people love free things, especially when they are tight on money for whatever reason.

Message 59 of 60 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Kinda true, but on the other hand people love free things, especially when they are tight on money for whatever reason.

Sure it'll get some downloads but that doesn't mean people will stay long term. People will always blow money on flatscreens and new games no matter how broke they are and put it all on credit. Free is great but R&C:A4O was free for Plus (so I know that's not technically free for everyone) and I love R&C games but only played that to get the platinum and then promptly deleted it. I think peope love free when relatively new (obvious statement) but when things get old they'd rather pay for something new than play something they consider old for free.

Edit: locked due to necro post

U--J

Message 60 of 60 (247 Views)
0 Likes