Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Ask A Quick Question Thread

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2013

My question is, is there a thread around with a FAQ about MP connection errors/issues? I've been trying to get UC3 multiplayer working for a week now with my disc copy of UC3 (online pass is redeemed for it too, though I didn't realise it was required at first) and nothing I've tried is working, hoping for some more insight on what I can try as so far I've done the following with no luck

- deleted 1.17 patch + rebuilt db and redownloaded the patch

- tried playing other games first and then attempting to connect

- tried going into LAN play menu first, which speeds connecting up a bit but still get errors

- also setup port forwarding for appropriate UDP/TCP ports as SCEE recommend

- tried connecting on different days/times

- tried putting PS3 in DMZ

- tried changing MUT to 1450, 1470, 1500

I mostly get network error or it simply timing out and going back to main menu, failed syncing level (it only ever gets as far on the bar as the G in syncing level date) and very occasionally 'error getting ticket'. Is really baffling me how my UC2 MP works fine but UC3 MP is a no go on the same account/PS3/network connection.

EDIT:  After all that the problem got fixed by syncing the clock to the internet.

Message 1031 of 1,061 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2353 posts

Dec 5, 2013
Can a player be banned for stat quitting? I ran into an alt who's main purpose is to have no deaths, they even called them self "No Deaths" (Not black listing, the name had some other characters too).

I had them cornered, and surprise surprise, they quit right as soon as they went into the death animation. This player is intentionally ruining people's experiences (Because of unfixed bugs), just so they can have a KDR that no one will believe.

Also, on a lighter note, did anyone ever use Small Pockets with the Tau Sniper before the ammo was increased to 18? This question is probably way past it's time, but I'd love to know how much ammo it took away.
Pepsi
Message 1032 of 1,061 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Dec 30, 2013

I was checking out my stats on ND's stats page and the amount of quits I've had is kind of surprising. I had 665 quits, which is ridiculously lot considering that I don't even play competitive that much. So I was just wondering that if you happen to leave from a Co-op game, are those count as quits too?

That would make sense, because I had around 2100 Co-op Arena games (didn't see my Adventure games), yet only just about 600 crushing completions, and if I added my easy, normal and hard completions as well, I'd only get around 1000 game completions, which would include both modes, not just Arena.

God I must have been awful in the early days of Co-op.. or just one hell of a quitter. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1033 of 1,061 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

I was checking out my stats on ND's stats page and the amount of quits I've had is kind of surprising. I had 665 quits, which is ridiculously lot considering that I don't even play competitive that much. So I was just wondering that if you happen to leave from a Co-op game, are those count as quits too?

That would make sense, because I had around 2100 Co-op Arena games (didn't see my Adventure games), yet only just about 600 crushing completions, and if I added my easy, normal and hard completions as well, I'd only get around 1000 game completions, which would include both modes, not just Arena.

God I must have been awful in the early days of Co-op.. or just one hell of a quitter. Smiley Very Happy

They counted in co-op when the game first came out, but ND eventually patched it.

Quits only count in competetive now, if they didn't then I'd have thousands of quits because of public co-op with idiots. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 1034 of 1,061 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 31, 2013
What's wrong with co-op randoms? Some of them are decent.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 1035 of 1,061 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Dec 31, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
What's wrong with co-op randoms? Some of them are decent.

Depends what difficulty you're playing. Smiley Very Happy But I actually like (sometimes) playing with randoms. I can just laugh at them for being so d@mn stupid. That is until they rage (For example, not helping them) and kill me.

Or just throw a bad cluster.

Message 1036 of 1,061 (361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 16, 2014

If I download a old ps2 game from the store on my ps3, can I save at all?

Message 1037 of 1,061 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7491 posts

Jan 16, 2014
If it has a quick save feature then most likely, yes. If not, it should have options to save at checkpoints in-game.
Sleep Matt signature
Message 1038 of 1,061 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Jan 16, 2014

michelleann9998 wrote:

If I download a old ps2 game from the store on my ps3, can I save at all?

Yes.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-2-PSOne-Support/bd-p/22043

Message 1039 of 1,061 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 17, 2014
You might have to create a memory card on your hard drive in order to save it though.
Message 1040 of 1,061 (315 Views)
0 Likes