Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 24 2013
By: in10t2kill First Son 2 posts

Assorted Ideas to Fix UC3

[ Edited ]
13 replies 190 views Edited Feb 24, 2013

Climbing Mechanics

We all know UC3's climbing and cover mechanics are very poor and clunky. But one thing about them annoys me more than any of the rest, and there's really two aspects to it. 

1) When you sprint off a ledge, what do you do? Well, of course, you spin around and grab the edge. Well, wait a minute. Where'd all your freaking momentum go? Personally, I think this needs to go. Unless you'll fall to your death off the edge, you need to fall off if you're sprinting. OK, jogging, you can catch the edge. But sprinting needs to carry you over. This is a simple change that I think you just make the game a little more fluid. I can think of many times where the need to jump killed me. If I could have just run off the edge, I wouldn't have died.

2) There are two parts to this. First, you should be able to "lock" your ability to grab a ledge in air. What I mean is that if you hold down circle for 3/4's of a second (or something) in the air, you will fall all the way to the ground without catching any ledges even after letting off circle. Second, this one is very similar to the first one. If you are climbing, if you tap circle, you drop to the next available ledge. But if you hold down circle for 3/4's of a second, you fall all the way down without grabbing any ledges even after letting off circle. 

Blind Fire

1st -- There's pain wobble when you aim so why isn't there pain wobble when you blindfire. Maybe there is already, but I think it should be increased (only a little, because I have other ideas to help limit BF rushers). 

2nd -- What if melee damage took longer to heal than bullets. Logically it wouldn't make any sense, but it might encourage people to not just rush in there, as it would take longer to heal. 

3rd -- General nerf on sprint. It should be used defensively not offensively. Decrease turning radius (slightly) and longer "breathing" time. This would also give purpose back to Endurance. 

4th -- More stopping power. I'd prefer this over decrease BF movement speed because it just makes more sense. 

5th -- Lower BF accuracy comming out of sprint. It makes logical sense, but would it work? (Probably, it would have to be in combo with other solution/s.)

6th -- Universal BF accuracy nerf (except on KAL-7 and micro, as they are specifically designed for that purpose). 

7th --This is radical... ELIMINATE THE ABILITY TO CANCEL THE MELEE ANIMATION WITH A ROLL. That's right, I just said it. Imagine how this would impact the game...

8th -- Decrease melee damage to a 3HK. 

Random

1st -- Call Out modification/buff. Add the ability of the call out to the person with it equiped. OK, you guys might think that this would be OP. But if you think about it, if you're the person aiming at them so you already know roughly were they are. And secondly it give some sort of gratification for using it, otherwise you never know if it's working or not. 

These are just some random ideas I've had (or seen) to improve UC3. Tell me what you guys think, which ones are good and which ones are bad.

*The reason the climbing mechanics is first is because they're more likely to get fixed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (190 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Assorted Ideas to Fix UC3

Feb 24, 2013

Good ideas!

Welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1814 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Some well thought out ideas you got there! Especially the part about climbing I always thought I was one of the few that find them very clunky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Good ideas!

Welcome to the forums! :smileyhappy:

Thanks. This is actually stayFROST-E. Some how I got mixed up with this account (I just made a new account, but I typed out the post as stayFROST-E). I'll probably never use this account, but maybe as a troll account? :smileywink: :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I agree with everything but #7 under Blindfire. Rolling actually adds skill to BF+melee believe or not and it keeps away ridiculous melee fights like in UC2 where both players died. It's too big of a gameplay change and far to late in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 24, 2013

far-zan wrote:
I agree with everything but #7 under Blindfire. Rolling actually adds skill to BF+melee believe or not and it keeps away ridiculous melee fights like in UC2 where both players died. It's too big of a gameplay change and far to late in the game.

The problem is that wack'n'roll encourages CQC/blindfire, not to mention that laggers seem to abuse it more effectively... I believe that this playstyle should be punished, but maybe that's just me.

At least UC2 MP punished you if you wanted to run around like a headless chicken punching and blindfiring opponents.

Either remove wack'n'roll and/or implement 3HK melee.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (133 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 24, 2013

far-zan wrote:

Thanks for the imput. I see were you are comming from, not all of them are good ideas. :smileytongue:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

far-zan wrote:

The problem is that wack'n'roll encourages CQC/blindfire, not to mention that laggers seem to abuse it more effectively... I believe that this playstyle should be punished, but maybe that's just me.

At least UC2 MP punished you if you wanted to run around like a headless chicken punching and blindfiring opponents.

Either remove wack'n'roll and/or implement 3HK melee.

It does discourage CQC. In fact so much that it might just kill CQC in UC3. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Feb 24, 2013

I really like the first idea under blindfire. This way blindfire is still effective if you're being stealthy and not getting shot at, but if the enemy is aiming and shooting at you, they have a much bigger advantage.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (124 Views)
Sackboy
369 posts

Feb 24, 2013

#187: When I aim and shoot, then stop shooting, let the reticule stay on the position it's on.

Just cause I control the ridiculous recoil, don't punish me for it afterwards.

It's highly annoying when at a higher vantagepoint. And if nobody has this problem, that would only show those indivuals don't aim.

If I'm unclear: I shoot, recoil makes reticule go up, I control it, reticule stays in same position, I stop shooting, reticule doesn't reset to the middle of the screen (where I usually have it), but it makes the reticule go down, below the middle of the screen.

And that happens cause recoil isn't an input of aiming going up, while my controlling of recoil does count as input aiming down... my point, it's clunky and takes away the games flow.

I guess Robert Cogburn came up with this in order to punish those who aim...

Recoil in general is outrageous in this game, I have not heard of any other 3rd person shooter with such bs mechanics.

M9 blindfire scrubs complain about G-Mal: SP gets nerfed to the pits of tartarus, Auto-aim gets removed, more recoil is added.. result is clear. The only legit nerf was the auto-aim one, the rest wasn't and still isn't acceptable.

And there  is more, Patch 1.17 is most likely the last title update we will ever see for Uncharted 3, with lots of problems unsolved, no way that they have patched all of the big complaints of the community, it's ND.

Resulting in a sad end for Uncharted 3,  and then it will be time to move on for me...
 trying to pull through this week till the patch, but the patch notes may be such a big turn-off I won't even download 1.17

Time will tell.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (114 Views)