Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Re: BGs suggestions for UNCHARTED 4 MULTIPLAYER

Apr 20, 2013

Not to troll but I would say that tomb raider is the better game because its campaign is leaps and bounds better than uncharted 3and probably better than uncharted 2. So much so that even with its atrocious mp I would take that game over uncharted 2 and 3.

Message 21 of 25 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1245 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

tack129 wrote:

I would add:

- 4 player split-screen (for PS4, I know it's impossible for PS3)

what do you mean it's impossible for the ps3? there are games that have it, like COD

There were a few reasons why ND didn't put 4-player Split-Screen in:

First, the 16:9 Issue. This was probably the biggest one of them all. Naughty Dog had coded the game so if it wasn't rendering in a native ratio, it wouldn't play right (that's (probably) related to my next point). Or something along those lines was their excuse. Due to it being a TPS, blah blah blah. Also, that is why you have those black emblem boxes when play Split in Uncharted 3. Playing in 4:3 settings through you PS3 will remove them, but you'd be playing with a low-res, stretched image.

Next reason? Rendering. This was another reason why Split-Screen wasn't in Uncharted 2. For the game to have split-screen functionality, it needs to render the game twice as often, one of each player. Luckily, Naughty Dog found a way to sneak this in (because it probably wasn't on their agenda).

When ND had put 3D into Uncharted 3, it was without a doubt being forced on by Sony. They had really been pushing for this "new trend". The advantage of 3D is the new code that was thrown into Uncharted 3, and 3D's way of rendering. For the 3D features to work, it also renders the screen twice, an essential mechanic to the 3D allusion. Naughty Dog just manipulated those features to give us a 2-player split-screen.

Now, this may new technique have led to the "16:9" issue, as 3D only renders in HD resolutions. How can you fit an HD resolution into a 4:3 space? Answer; you can't.

That is why Uncharted 3 doesn't have 4 player Split-Screen.

Message 22 of 25 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2275 posts

Apr 20, 2013

runner21 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

tack129 wrote:

I would add:

what do you mean it's impossible for the ps3? there are games that have it, like COD

First, the 16:9 Issue. This was probably the biggest one of them all. Naughty Dog had coded the game so if it wasn't rendering in a native ratio, it wouldn't play right (that's (probably) related to my next point). Or something along those lines was their excuse. Due to it being a TPS, blah blah blah. Also, that is why you have those black emblem boxes when play Split in Uncharted 3. Playing in 4:3 settings through you PS3 will remove them, but you'd be playing with a low-res, stretched image.

Next reason? Rendering. This was another reason why Split-Screen wasn't in Uncharted 2. For the game to have split-screen functionality, it needs to render the game twice as often, one of each player. Luckily, Naughty Dog found a way to sneak this in (because it probably wasn't on their agenda).

When ND had put 3D into Uncharted 3, it was without a doubt being forced on by Sony. They had really been pushing for this "new trend". The advantage of 3D is the new code that was thrown into Uncharted 3, and 3D's way of rendering. For the 3D features to work, it also renders the screen twice, an essential mechanic to the 3D allusion. Naughty Dog just manipulated those features to give us a 2-player split-screen.

Now, this may new technique have led to the "16:9" issue, as 3D only renders in HD resolutions. How can you fit an HD resolution into a 4:3 space? Answer; you can't.

i was correcting him when he said it was: "impossible for the ps3", he didn't say impossible for uncharted 3...

Message 23 of 25 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

runner21 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

tack129 wrote:

I would add:

i was correcting him when he said it was: "impossible for the ps3", he didn't say impossible for uncharted 3...

I mean that the way UC3 was designed, it would have been impossible for 4 player splitscreen due to insufficient power required. You would have to sacrifice a lot of power and assets to get 4 player split-screen on the PS3 for UC3.

CoD can do it because its engine is based on a 1999 engine which does not require a lot of power and resources to run.

For UC4 there could be plenty more power to attempt such a feet if it was done on the PS4.

Message 24 of 25 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Apr 21, 2013
I think, Uncharted 4 will just have me as the main character, the current people got nothing on me. Fact.
Message 25 of 25 (109 Views)
0 Likes