Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - FIRST ROUND HIGHLIGHT REEL

Dec 12, 2012

dadypain wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

dadypain, you should just fully restart the tourney. So many teams were "beat" by [.Q.], [ sK ] and [Kira] that it's unfair for them.

We would love to give all the teams who suffered at the hands of this the opportunity to come back in but realistically speaking we neither have the time nor the resources particularly with the competition already ending so close to the holidays (22nd).

dadypain

Are the FFA players from Sk, Kira and .Q. all disqualified? 

Best clan of all time
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37674809#37674809
Message 951 of 1,643 (821 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

This is what happens when your tournament grows and you offer bigger and better prizes. Unfortunately some feel the temptation to cheat to give themselves more chances at winning.

It's just sad they tried this here especially given the fact that they have done this in the past and were punished harshly before. Needless to say I don't think they will be participating in any competitive Uncharted for the foreseeable future.

This is one of the best things about Fragged Nation, we have a great IP-tracking system of our own that prevents this sort of issue.

Message 952 of 1,643 (821 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Dec 12, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

This is what happens when your tournament grows and you offer bigger and better prizes. Unfortunately some feel the temptation to cheat to give themselves more chances at winning.

It's just sad they tried this here especially given the fact that they have done this in the past and were punished harshly before. Needless to say I don't think they will be participating in any competitive Uncharted for the foreseeable future.

This is one of the best things about Fragged Nation, we have a great IP-tracking system of our own that prevents this sort of issue.

After watching how you use the word "cheater" in your streams to refer to extreme laggers, stuff like this really helps remind me what the word actually means...

Message 953 of 1,643 (792 Views)
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - LAST 16 REEL AND DRAW

Dec 12, 2012

wow so many teams are cheating their way through this tournament, wasn't there only one team that was DQ last tournament? but those are some good prizes, it gets me thinking if any other teams have cheated but just haven't been caught yet...

Message 954 of 1,643 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Dec 12, 2012

GET+ vs ZeuS in the semi finals, that would be awesome!

Best clan of all time
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37674809#37674809
Message 955 of 1,643 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Wow.  For real?  It's like THAT? 

SCANDALOUS.

DA CHEATIEST.

NEFARIOUS. 

No surprise really.  They got that cheating in their blood, it's tainted, ain't gonna come out.  Cheers to B2K for handling an AWFUL situation as best they could.  It's better that it got rooted out now then down the line after a cheater was crowned champ.   That's some straight up Tabloid $#!+, on the real. 

Now, TripleWRECK had mentioned that this may have been suspected ealier on.  That's compelling.  Did players in game notice the SAME play style with a few players?  Were cinema's studied...did patterns develop?  Where did the suspicion start? 

Message 956 of 1,643 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Wow.  For real?  It's like THAT? 

SCANDALOUS.

DA CHEATIEST.

NEFARIOUS. 

No surprise really.  They got that cheating in their blood, it's tainted, ain't gonna come out.  Cheers to B2K for handling an AWFUL situation as best they could.  It's better that it got rooted out now then down the line after a cheater was crowned champ.   That's some straight up Tabloid $#!+, on the real. 

Now, TripleWRECK had mentioned that this may have been suspected ealier on.  That's compelling.  Did players in game notice the SAME play style with a few players?  Were cinema's studied...did patterns develop?  Where did the suspicion start? 

The suspicion began with the simple fact that .Q. was taking out teams quite a ways out of their league (i.e. GET+ and Art*). I for one, being an Art* member, first became suspicious regarding this after our loss vs. .Q. in the quarter finals. A little while after we lost, the time we had played .Q. on FN about 3 weeks prior to the tournament had crossed my mind and I realized, "Wow, .Q. sure has DRASTICALLY improved considering we smacked them back then and now we actually lost to these guys." This simple fact, that Art* is actually much better than .Q., started my personal suspicion, but as for the general suspicion (for both Art* and GET+), IT began with PSN messages from certain individuals (who will remain anonymous of course) being sent to barryhains, stating that Sk/Kira players were playing under .Q. member accounts. And of course, blah blah blah and what not, now we're here, and the truth is revealed.

Message 957 of 1,643 (643 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Dec 12, 2012

We are working on a video explaining the situation in detail, it should be up by tomorrow. Smiley Happy

Message 958 of 1,643 (629 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Well this is nothing new,  I have seen this happening moreover in the past.

Message 959 of 1,643 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Dec 12, 2012
This is sad and pathetic. Of course, they're just furthering the time honored tradition of cheating in online shooters (or anything done for sport). I would say they are carrying on the Uncharted 2 legacy. There literally isn't a person left with a spine playing that game.

Of course, I'd bet there are people that have been involved in this tournament using the whole Net Tools cheat... they'd just be honoring tradition as well.
Message 960 of 1,643 (529 Views)