Fender Bender
3622 posts

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012
Lol maybe dudypuin was extra harsh on GET+ to compensate for "B2K x GET+" comments. Smiley Very Happy /random theory that is probably BS.
Do you feel me?

Message 1201 of 1,643 (2,699 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Thank you tapantola for taking my comment the right way. Misconstrued completely by pdiss. Bravo pdiss on twisting words, bravo.
Message 1202 of 1,643 (2,588 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Dec 17, 2012

If you didnt see the pic a posted before I edit the post, I said:

Now the thread says -SE world  champions?

Seriously? A bunch of laggers vs 3 guys? This is the most ridiculous thing ever, no offense but its true.

Message 1203 of 1,643 (2,533 Views)
Fender Bender
2561 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Once I finish my 10 page report (it took longer to finish because I got caught up with this new drama) I will watch the video of the finals. In all seriousness, I would never have played a solid match during this 3V5 match especially with laggy players (not hating on SE but its the trueth). I just wonder how the communication on Get+ part was, and the critical decisions the clan leader had to make leading to the final stand by B2k and during the match. SE technically won this whole tournament (or will B2k step back from their decision adding more drama? lol) we have to at least show some respect that they actually played that match. You guys could pat yourselves on the back (and split your second place prize with me lol).

My Youtube Channel:

Rookie2Vet

Free Sitrongr

Message 1204 of 1,643 (2,467 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

We appreciate a thorough read, but feel free to skip around via the highlights for quicker reading. Thank you...

Look, in all honesty I am reluctant to get involved in this further drama, but my team has been treated both unprofessionally and unfairly and I am compelled to tell you all the truth. What took place today was extremely unfortunate but at the same easily avoidable. I will now attempt explain what happened in as much detail as necessary:

In addition, the result of final is unimportant now. I am not trying to “get” anything out of this. My team does not want a rematch, additional prizes, or anything selfish in the least. We just want to present to you the facts of what happened. Team Saudi Elite is not in the wrong here, they played the final and won in fair fashion given the circumstances.

And to all the disappointed viewers who tuned in to watch the final, we openly welcome Saudi Elite to play us in an exhibition match at a time both teams can attend so we can all enjoy a fair contest as friends.

These are the FACTS about this highly-anticipated "GRAND" final:

After winning our semifinal yesterday vs [ZeuS] I immediately attempted to set up a time for the final that would work for my players--as any team captain would do. [-SE] said they could not play before the default starting time (8pm GMT). As both Dai and Bio work during that time I requested that we reschedule to a time that would work for both teams.

BIG2KREW surprisingly replied no and said we would have to find substitutes for [what amounts to] half of our team. Given the fact that playing 3v5 would be pointless, I told them we might have to forfeit. With such little time to find subs who would both be available AND had not already played in the tournament we were forced to play 3v5. I mean I probably could have gone onto the stream or facebook and grabbed any John or Joe to make it "even", but that would be like a football team subbing half of its players from the crowd in the SuperBowl. When you consider this is a major competition, playing with the required team is highly important. Finding randoms “on the street” would only disparage the entire tournament.

When I mentioned that there was the possibility of us having to forfeit, dadypain then accused myself and my teammates of poor sportsmanship and threatened that we would be banned from all future B2K events and that he would replace us in the final along with denying us our prizes. He shared a particularly strong opinion of me, saying if we forfeit "...not only are you letting yourself and your team down but the entire Uncharted community as well.". (direct quote)
He went to say that we were "holding the tournament ransom" and they we were doing so intentionally only because we didn't have our top line-up.

[OmG!] then told me dadypain had contacted them asking if they would be able to play the final. So if we refused to play without half our team he would what, go get the semifinalist team [-SE] just beat?

Needless to say I was beyond shocked, but I respectfully attempted to reason with dadypain further. Unfortunately he ignored all replies and stated "this is not up for discussion, we made our points very clear and the competition will go ahead regardless".

In a tournament with teams and players from around the world it is completely unfair to force matches to take place at specific time, much less 8pm GMT. What about players in Asia? What about players in Australia? What provisions are being made for them?

It was early Monday morning for Bio at B2K's "standard match time" and is understandably unavailable due to work. A similar situation for Dai made it impossible for him to play at that time either (and if you'll remember, was the reason he could not play in the match against team [.Q.].). We did not find it unreasonable to ask to move the match up by an hour or at least a different date to allow Bioshock and Dai to play. Unfortunately, this request was denied by the “institution”.

There is tremendous irony in the fact that dadypain himself told me earlier in the tournament in regards to letting xicopowa (the [.Q.] player who wound up being one of the account sharing cheaters) play despite being un-legacied that "Over the course of any competition it is important for the moderators [B2K] to be flexible in areas to accommodate teams as best as possible and this competition has certainly been no exception." (direct quote from 12/9)

So how can you be so lenient to a qualifying team in a Round of 16 match and not to one of your finalists? Furthermore, you further allowed [.Q.] to delay their match against [Art*] to cheat the quarterfinals, yet you refuse a modicum of provision in rescheduling our match legitimately to play in the final.

The fact of the matter is not about us, it’s the concept of what if another team, like [Art*], was in our position? Would they not receive the treatment that other teams had? Why was [.Q.] allowed multiple time changes and teams like [_PrO] (who had to play two men down) not allowed to at least move back or forward a short time to allow those players a chance to play?

dadypain also made a point of saying that other teams had played in past rounds without their top line-ups or down players. However if anything, that only proves that this tournament's awful approach to match scheduling extends far before this incident. Poor organization will always come back to bite you in the rear and drastically affect the culture and social bearing of an event, as it did in this situation.

When I explained this scheduling nightmare to my team, Bioshock proceeded to make our case to dadypain as well. Mind you, he was very civil and I read the messages myself (and will post them if needed). We all know Bioshock is very capable of instigating a situation but in this circumstance his professionalism was not in question.

He simply laid out the logical consequences to what would happen if B2K did not reschedule the final, including the very uproar that is taking place now.

dadypain responded accusing Bioshock of threatening him (which is very ironic) and ignored all the points Bio made in favor of a reschedule. This was the most unbelievable thing said in the exchange:

"the same rules you want to bend are the same rules which allowed you guys to come back into the competition" (direct quote)

So in dadypain's eyes, changing the match time for the final [so both teams have their players] is tantamount to allowing cheating to take place? How does this correlate to the said situation before? I am not here to point out conspiracies and non-competitive nature, as that is for the reader to decide on their own.

It is also insulting how he assumes that his actions did [GET+] a service by disqualifying the cheaters, as if there was another alternative. This completely goes against a comment he made in regards to “our” team in that,

“The status we give to our champions is far greater than any competition that exists on UC3 today.” (direct quote)

I find it ironic that his statement boasts their position in the Uncharted community as the single-most important facet , yet his direct statement to our team was,

“no team is bigger than the competition and every team must play within the restriction of those rules...” (direct quote)

It should also be noted that dadypain repeatedly stressed that B2K had accommodated our team  numerous times in this tournament, even when it came to match scheduling(!). Unfortunately that is flat out lie as our first round match was played at a different time not because [GET+] asked for it and B2K did us some favor, but because opposing team [MVP!] requested for it as well. No accommodation made for us specifically there.

Against [.Q.] we played an hour later to accommodate them (and we all know why now). No accommodation made for us specifically there, it was the opposite.

Against [Art*] we played at a time that fit us both teams because it was a rematch due to the cheater disqualification. No accommodation made for us specifically there, as the teams understood the common tradition of upholding standards on both sides.

Against [ZeuS] we played at the default start time. No accommodation made for us specifically there.

The situation with [.Q.]'s xicopowa being an alt? No accommodation made for us there either.

So I'm very curious as to why dadypain has been telling me countless times in the last 24h that we've been given significant preferential treatment, because it's simply untrue.

This morning I received a long message from dadypain containing yet more unbelievable content which contained the following:

"I'll be completely honest with you triplewreck. This entire situation has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth as it has shown me the lengths your team is willing to take to get what you desire. Especially with some of the messages received via skype particularly from bioshock attempting to use threatening tactics as well as ridiculing our approach to the very investigation in which we went to such great lengths in order to reinstate your team, has left me and the rest of BIG2KREW wondering whether you guys truly deserved a shot at defending your title.

Granted your messages via skype did not demonstrate anything of the manner of what bioshock sent and as a result you and your team will be given the benefit of the doubt. However, bioshock regardless of whether he can play today or not, will take no further part nor will he be receiving any prizing. I really hope that this was simply a lapse in judgement on behalf of you and your team which allowed your competitive passion to temporarily affect your better judgement." (direct quote)

Apparently suggesting that we would forfeit in a 3v5 situation without a reschedule is "great lengths" toward some perceived selfish goal.

And while Bioshock's messages were stern, they were absolutely not worthy of being disqualified and having his rightfully-earned prize revoked. Again dadypain pretends like he is doing us a special favor by what, not disqualifying all of [GET+] for Bio's painfully truthful, yet professional messages to him?

Interestingly enough, this reminded me something similar that happened at the beginning of the tournament that perhaps should have foretold a debacle of this scale was inevitable:

If you remember, a player from team [Sir*] voiced their displeasure with this tournament's rules (particularly the inclusion of KAL-7's and Desert Village) and was banned without warning by B2K, along with his entire team (to the surprise of everyone). pdiss88 commented on the situation citing the incredible unfairness of the situation and he was promptly banned as well. Yikes. Proof below:

[Sir*]:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/BIG2KREW-UC3-LEGACY-TOURNIE-201...

pdiss:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/BIG2KREW-UC3-LEGACY-TOURNIE-201...

The only conclusion I've come to in this whole situation is an obvious abuse of power by dadypain, there is no logical explanation for his refusal to a fair championship match. He showed zero leniency or willingness to help the situation and spoke completely unprofessionally to me and my team, not to mention insinuating something more devious on our behalf or anyone’s behalf for that matter.

We have not been dishonest or manipulative in any way, and we certainly have not tried to undermine B2K or be difficult. But as I said, these are the undisputed facts of the matter and I will be happy to provide proof to anyone who requests it.

We did not ask for something crazy, something unreasonable, or something out of the power of BIG2KREW. By placing one’s self over the tournament that the party in question created, it has caused the “organizations” more harm than anyone else could have dreamed and have marred its outcome due to the unfortunate ego’s and looming “grudges”...

Sadly, people will remember this tournament not for its fierce competition or its champions, but for the incompetence shown while running it. Obviously, the community cared deeply for this tournament, yet it was thrown away along with the reputation of the organizing party, by their unwillingness to accommodate even an inch at the most important stage of the event, not to mention the unprofessional manner in which a majority of these subsequent situations occurred by the leading party.

The following is solely my opinion:

Unfortunately in the end B2K you have shown that you care more about your sacred preset date/time, the image of your “competition”, than the integrity of your tournament, most of all, the championship. Competition will always be at its strongest when the following are achieved:

• Balance on all competitive fields
  • Providing the “fans” the best possible event, not in terms of promotion but in how the competition is played out
  • Remembering that, we too (players), have responsibility elsewhere and without us (the player), these situations would not exist.

But the lasting question is....

isn't the integrity of the players/organizing parties and fairness of all its members...isn’t that what real competition and tournaments are truly about?

And to everyone who claimed that B2K showed us favoritism during the cheating scandal, good job.  

Sincerely, tW and [GET+]

PS. I’d like to personally congratulate Saudi Elite for defeating us, regardless of the terms, today in a professional and sportsmanlike manner. May the tournament organization “committee” look to you for class and dignity.

Message 1205 of 1,643 (2,404 Views)
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Dec 17, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

*sniff*

59d.jpg

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 1206 of 1,643 (2,357 Views)
Fender Bender