Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
415 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012
Kudoed. - son.
Message 1331 of 1,643 (1,055 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/17/2012
Offline
42 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012


I mean FN is more appropriate.
Here they played like 4-5 games with unbalanced weapons on unbalanced maps, finished a totally unfair final and now they are the best team in the world?
Yes this is a joke. Beside the fact of other 4 teams I KNOW of who switched players during the tournament.
So here is a recap for the BurgerKing2 guys:
- Restart the tourney in January
- Change the rules to make it balanced (if it's for the community, then ask the community)
- Schedule it to be on saturday only. The community is growing, so are the geographical gaps.
- don't be egoistic dou-che-bags who ban every player who has got a different opinion. You haven't got any "Power" or anything to give people reputation. There are single players who have more reputation than you guys have.

 

Edit: inflammatory comment removed

Message 1332 of 1,643 (1,056 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/10/2012
Offline
96 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

dadypain wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

Hey dadypain, what are you going to do about the fact that the winning team used stat items?

In the video, at 0:41, you can see Charlie's ND Scarf. That's a stat hat.

 

My team was kicked out of the tournament for using them. Or we would have been had our opponets not used them as well.

 

So, what are you going to do about it? Not trying to be a jerk here, just asking.


This is one of SE's earlier matches in the competition. I believe it was either the qualification round or the round of 32 and its the responsibility of the team who played them to raise any concerns they had regarding the match within 48 hours of the offence occuring as per the rules:

 

Reporting an offence:

Any rule break/match dispute must be raised within 48 hours of the match taking place. After this time no disputes will be considered regardless of whether an offence took place or not so we urge all teams to anaylse matches asap if they feel they have concerns

 

dadypain

BIG2KREW


 

 

this is what bothers me. I applaud -SE for winning the world championship, but I am downright appalled that a "world tournament" with prizes with the winners being "world champions" (Just read the title!) would be handled like this.

 

 

1: what is with this "disrespect the tournament holders and you get kicked" stuff? I have seen those previous posts of B2K kicking and banning people from the tourney without as much as a warning. That is not a display of professionalism at all, but rather an innapropriate display of power. Not even sports referees do that; most give a warning and a slight penalty first. 

 

2: Why is it the players fault that the other team cheated? It is the judge's responsibility to review the matches and ensure no one is cheating. In the .Q. case, there should have been a very thorough background check to ensure they were not alt accounts....because apparently the background check that took place (if any) wasn't. In fact if B2K was enforcing the original rules, they wouldn't have been given the opprotunity to cheat in the first place. 

 

3. Why are competitors within a "world tournament" forced to play matches at a very specific time? This is only realistically doable if all the teams were in that region in the world (like when teams travel). Furthermore, asking players from across the world play against each other and telling them that any lag/disconnection that ocurrs is a penalty is completely beyond me. How can players be penalized for something is is out of their control? 

 

4. Why weren't there more judges? How can a world tournament with prizes be handled with just a few people? There should have been a panel of impartial judges, each one representing different parts of the world. If there were more judges to begin with, and all of those judges were doing their job (reviewing the cinemas, thoroughly reviewing questionable cases, and having an equal say in all major tournament decisions such as kicking a team) then this tournament wouldn't have been such a mess.

 

Once again, congratz -SE for winning.

 

B2K, seeing how this tournament was handled has really opened my eyes. At first, I held a certain degree of respect for you because you were able to get something like this together for the community. This tournament changed that. 

 

 

 

 

 

Message 1333 of 1,643 (1,054 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5842 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012

Bioshock should quit his job. 7 AM on a Monday morning is a completely reasonable time for a tournament final. Letting something as petty as a university-qualified full time job get in the way is a lack of dedication.

Message 1334 of 1,643 (1,042 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/26/2009
Offline
1082 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Incredible.

 

Not a hint of remorse, not addressing the issues brought up by the community and TripleWreck, just quoting Obama with "We're all in this together" in a brazenly political attempt to save face and garner support.

 

Who's gonna fall for that?

 

From the youtube video comments:



Just to be clear, at no point did we threaten tripleWRECK that we would not give them their prizing. We did however say that if they forfeit then they would be disqualified based on the fact they are refusing to play at the allocated time and as a result would seek a replacement team

·in reply to chriscem



Ok, so we would have gotten our prizes despite not actually being runnersup, yes? And yet if our replacements won, what would Saudi Elite, who had gotten there fairly, have been given? Not the second place prizes, because obviously that was ours, right?

 

You may not have specifically threatened not to give us prizes (that's something Triple will know), but you threatened disqualification through rule-breaking and a ban from all future tournaments, which has the exact same effect. You also tried to revoke my prize for speaking with you and showing you the consequences beforehand. You felt threatened. Perhaps that was the right reaction, because your panic mode video shows that you still don't understand the gravity of the situation. I told you EXACTLY what would happen! You should be thanking me for giving you a shot to turn it around. Give me more prizes, not less.

 

You say no one team is above the other, that no decision comes at the expense of another team, that 24 hours is too short a time to expect a time change, but that 24 hours is NOT too short a time to organise subs for a player of Triplewreck's calibre. So is Triplewreck considered by you to be above the rest or isn't he?

Who could even organise a time change outside of 24 hours when the final takes place the day after the semis, and no team knows if they're in until they're within that 24 hour window?

 

Not being able to change the day is SOLELY ON THE ORGANISERS. Saudi Elite could have easily played on the following Saturday.

 

Here's a fact: none of the competitive teams I've played with want you in their lobby repeating the rules before every single match-up. You treat these people like children to fulfil some sort of ritual.


Your concerns and criticisms regarding the schedule should have been voiced before the tournament had even started or perhaps suggested after it had finished. But not on the day before the grand final and when it only affected your team. Please consider all the other teams that didn't have the luxury of rescheduling.

·5in reply to tripleWRECK


Dai repeatedly showed concern that 8pm GMT was NOT a good time BEFORE the competition started. Oops. Criticisms would have done little more than result in a ban from the tournament as we've seen, and now you'll turn around and say Dai shouldn't have played if he disagreed with the time. So what you meant to say was "our way or the highway."

 

And frankly, the rescheduling issue lies solely on your end, because no one would have to REschedule if the schedule wasn't so poorly designed.

 

The video was all just parroted talking points that you could have gotten from Triple's comments on the issue. Of course with his comments, you would have seen the counter-arguments, like how "the very same rules that allowed us back in" were the ones we were "trying to bend" for the finals. Those very same rules were that one player couldn't play on two teams. Coincidentally the cheaters had to reschedule their matches to allow both of their teams the time to play. What we wanted was to find a mutually agreeable solution for SE and us. But upon contacting Saudi Elite for a day change (not a time change), triple was instantly blocked off by dadypain

 

dadypain: Never_Challenge said you wanted to speak to me?
[12/16/2012 2:14:47 PM] dadypain: he just advised me that you tried to get in contact with him to reschedule the match another day
[12/16/2012 2:15:04 PM] dadypain: despite me telling you already that this isnt possible
[12/16/2012 2:15:20 PM] // tripleWRECK: so if both teams agreed on a different date, you would still refuse it?
[12/16/2012 2:15:48 PM] dadypain: hes already told you they cant play on another day
[12/16/2012 2:16:08 PM] dadypain: please dont waste my time, are you gonig to play or not?
[12/16/2012 2:17:37 PM] // tripleWRECK: No one is wasting anyones time
[12/16/2012 2:18:15 PM] // tripleWRECK: As I've known Never for some time, I was only sharing my situation with him and seeing if anything had changed on his end. You can't fault me for asking.
[12/16/2012 2:18:35 PM] dadypain: no i can, because i already told you there will be no date change
[12/16/2012 2:18:41 PM] dadypain: anyway, are you going to play or not?
[12/16/2012 2:18:54 PM] dadypain: i need a decision right now please
[12/16/2012 2:19:38 PM] // tripleWRECK: As I said before, of course we are playing...
[12/16/2012 2:20:18 PM] dadypain: honestly i'm so suprised at this sort of behaviour from your triplewreck, it is really so dissapointing
[12/16/2012 2:20:27 PM] dadypain: anyway, lets just get on with this

 

Neverchallenge did NOT say they were not available at another day, Dadypain did, and he reaffirmed it in his video today.

 

But this isn't about rescheduling or taking anything away from Saudi Elite.

 

The issue is B2K losing grip on reality by letting power go to their head. Yes, every one of your other points can be countered and you won't have any legs to stand on, but threatening teams, attempting to arrange replacements and your extremely poor handling of every single situation that's popped up throughout the tournament leaves your leadership capaibilities in serious question.

 

The questions are:

Does anyone think they'll get a fair go at B2K if they enter another one?

Does any sponsor want to be associated with such an event?

Does the community want matches that accommodate people who aren't even playing rather than the teams that are?

 

No.

No.

No.

Message 1335 of 1,643 (974 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/17/2012
Offline
42 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012

Bioshock wrote:

 

 

Not a hint of remorse, not addressing the issues brought up by the community and TripleWreck, just quoting Obama with "We're all in this together" in a brazenly political attempt to save face and garner support.

 


If they go back now, they would have to admit that they **bleep**ed up badly.

This the almight BurgerKing2 won't do.

Message 1336 of 1,643 (897 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/16/2011
Offline
1162 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012

BioShock I think you should let this one go...seriously, you have some points but no matter how great your points are, it still won't change anything, the tournament is over....but on the plus side there is the free for all tournament and you've still got FN...really you havent lost anything

Message 1337 of 1,643 (910 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/06/2011
Offline
156 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Bioshock wrote:


Dai repeatedly showed concern that 8pm GMT was NOT a good time BEFORE the competition started. Oops. Criticisms would have done little more than result in a ban from the tournament as we've seen, and now you'll turn around and say Dai shouldn't have played if he disagreed with the time. So what you meant to say was "our way or the highway."

 


 

 

Neverchallenge did NOT say they were not available at another day, Dadypain did, and he reaffirmed it in his video today.

 



This says it all.

 

dadypain says any complaints about the schedule should have done before competition yet he bans people who point out how flawed some of his rules are, like the 8 PM UK time or KAl-7. Irony at its finest.

 

!RRE didn´t like the 8 PM UK time so they chose not to participate, dadypain said. But that´s what you want dadypain? Uncharted´s best teams to not take part in your tournament because they can´t fit in the time that fits you, your sacred 8 PM UK time? What´s so hard about setting dates for all rounds before tournament start, do the briefing beforehand and then both teams decide on what time of that date the match will take place. If the matches don´t happen, check whose fault is it then carry on. I guess it´s just easier to make the time that fits best for people who are not even playing. One round a team might play people from california the next round they might play someone from Japan, yet the time won´t change. Does that make sense?

 

It blows my mind how people from USA, Saudi Arabia and New Zealand have to play on UK TIME to fit the organizers. It seems !RRE not being able to play because of the time set for the matches was no indication at all that a time that worked for you and you only and not the teams was a terrible idea.


You said it best dadypain. You have wronged many teams this tournament. PrO_ was forced to play their round with only 3, same as GET+, and the whole Sk fiasco that you were warned about beforehand, T2gL again getting a freebie win, etc. You have managed to **bleep** everyone off. Good luck with your next tournament, let´s see how many uncharted clans will bother joining it.

 

 

Message 1338 of 1,643 (912 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
333 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 17, 2012

#mnR will join because we will lose in the qualification round anyways.



Best clan of all time
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37674809#37674809
Message 1339 of 1,643 (817 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/13/2011
Offline
101 posts
 

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

munnsy1 wrote:
It's obvious who you are Naughty-DoG_Boy, stop trolling like you and your group of friends love to do so much.


It's hilarious how you assume it's my group of friends because we're trolls, but we're not "too scared" to post it on our mains, hence in my gallery, I posted rude pictures.

Message 1340 of 1,643 (786 Views)