Sackboy
450 posts

Re: BIG2KREW - UC3 LEGACY TOURNIE 2012 - SE WORLD CHAMPIONS

Dec 23, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Why does dadypain always say things like "rest of us guys here at B2K", and "from me and all the guys"?

There are only 2 of them. Smiley Indifferent

You have a good point there considering the other two are just parasites leeching off his efforts, which is why this whole thing is in this dramatic state in the first place.

He is alone. He is accepting that when he should be kicking his buddies to the curb if he wants to progress his venture further.

What about all the great editing? dadypain dosen't do that...

There are plenty of people who can edit videos with great effects. People who would happily put more in and actually support the venture correctly beyond just editing a few videos, and from personal experience editing videos is hardly rocket science and takes about 30 minutes of effort, if it takes longer (Not talking about rendering the video) then the dude isn't even good at editing in a timely fashion, compared to all the crap DP deals with it just doesn't work out that they are doing anywhere near enough to support the project.

Barring a 30/40 minute video editing session and a hour + rendering session, they are doing absolutely nothing, it's atrcocious how his so called buddies are taking him for a ride, if they were supporting the project correctly they could have between them stopped this whole situation from getting out of hand and maybe from even occuring.

"Taking him for a ride?" What am I reading?

I'm sure you have the, figurative, work quota assigned to each member of B2K, so you can definitely make claims like this.

You downplaying the video editing is absurd. It's an incredibly time consuming process, way more than you're making it out to be. Let's assume Vindaloo, alone, was responsible for the editing side of this process. That, to me, and perhaps to a lot of other people, is a HUGE chunk of the whole tournament process. After all, it's because of that we actually get to see the highlights and matches, apart from inconsistent uploads from random players.

And what's left? The admin side of things. So what exactly is that? A few excel sheets here and there, refereeing, oh and dealing with the occasional discrepancy. See, it's easy to downplay something you're not apart of, after all, armchair critics and that. But there's always stuff, be it on the technical side of things, or background processes, that most people don't account for.
So of course, being an admin isn't as simple as I described. Neither is video editing. I'm sure everyone has there place. Even talisman, probably.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - AceKlaw
Message 1471 of 1,643 (944 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Dec 23, 2012

AceKlaw wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Why does dadypain always say things like "rest of us guys here at B2K", and "from me and all the guys"?

You have a good point there considering the other two are just parasites leeching off his efforts, which is why this whole thing is in this dramatic state in the first place.

He is alone. He is accepting that when he should be kicking his buddies to the curb if he wants to progress his venture further.

There are plenty of people who can edit videos with great effects. People who would happily put more in and actually support the venture correctly beyond just editing a few videos, and from personal experience editing videos is hardly rocket science and takes about 30 minutes of effort, if it takes longer (Not talking about rendering the video) then the dude isn't even good at editing in a timely fashion, compared to all the crap DP deals with it just doesn't work out that they are doing anywhere near enough to support the project.

Barring a 30/40 minute video editing session and a hour + rendering session, they are doing absolutely nothing, it's atrcocious how his so called buddies are taking him for a ride, if they were supporting the project correctly they could have between them stopped this whole situation from getting out of hand and maybe from even occuring.

I'm sure you have the, figurative, work quota assigned to each member of B2K, so you can definitely make claims like this.

You downplaying the video editing is absurd. It's an incredibly time consuming process, way more than you're making it out to be. Let's assume Vindaloo, alone, was responsible for the editing side of this process. That, to me, and perhaps to a lot of other people, is a HUGE chunk of the whole tournament process. After all, it's because of that we actually get to see the highlights and matches, apart from inconsistent uploads from random players.

And what's left? The admin side of things. So what exactly is that? A few excel sheets here and there, refereeing, oh and dealing with the occasional discrepancy. See, it's easy to downplay something you're not apart of, after all, armchair critics and that. But there's always stuff, be it on the technical side of things, or background processes, that most people don't account for.
So of course, being an admin isn't as simple as I described. Neither is video editing. I'm sure everyone has there place. Even talisman, probably.

I've ran things myself before, I know exactly what it takes.

I make simple videos myself for youtube, for work I do plenty of professional editing which takes to be exact between 30 and 40 minutes per video for work presentations, these range from whatever the client wants.

As for tournaments, I've ran those for various games, I've been part of groups who work on that and seriously, the admin side was the most work by far.

Now ask yourself the question, if these people were that involved.. Where are they now? Where are they when the crap hits the fan? Leaving one person to deal with it all, now that implies that they have designated roles and one of them is simply just sitting around, leeching off all the effort and doing his short little video editing. It would only take him longer if he was using the wrong software for editing or if he was actually quite bad at it. Now I'm not saying the videos look bad, they look.. Okay, some look better than others by a substancial margin though. I'm saying if you take a long time on such a simple task then you probably are better suited in a different role.

You are right, I don't know how many people there are, I know there are three and the other one isn't here either and I have no idea what he does. It would appear he does nothing.

It does not change the fact that they are not here right now defending what they have worked on, looks like they don't care. would appear that validates my criticism alone.

Yes, I'm implying I get paid to do next to nothing, that is true, but to claim someone doesn't have experience without knowing them would be just as "absurd" as me saying it without having any experience.

Regardless. Maybe you are right maybe the video editing guy does suck at his duties, which is what you are telling me based on what I know to be true. That still doesn't change the fact that they are supposed to be friends, where are his friends eh? They are pretty bad at that too.

Message 1472 of 1,643 (925 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Apology from #1 in the World:

Sorry to my millions of fans, but...

I played the FFA tourney and hosted our match, turned off Weapon Pickups but used Power Hunter (instead of Back in the Saddle Gold (!!!) or any other booster, I used the only booster that made no sense AT ALL)!  Without that fail I would be the World Champion right now, 101% sure. It can't be doubted. It is too obvious. So sign my petition at LegendASIsTheTrueWorldChampion.com and help me become the FFA World Champion!

Best clan of all time
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37674809#37674809
Message 1473 of 1,643 (871 Views)
Survivor
2347 posts

Dec 23, 2012
?
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 1474 of 1,643 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Yes fanboy, you are allowed to ask me a question. But only one, I am busy with creating LegendAS Merchandise.

Best clan of all time
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37674809#37674809
Message 1475 of 1,643 (857 Views)
Sackboy
450 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

AceKlaw wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

I make simple videos myself for youtube, for work I do plenty of professional editing which takes to be exact between 30 and 40 minutes per video for work presentations, these range from whatever the client wants.

As for tournaments, I've ran those for various games, I've been part of groups who work on that and seriously, the admin side was the most work by far.

Now ask yourself the question, if these people were that involved.. Where are they now? Where are they when the crap hits the fan? Leaving one person to deal with it all, now that implies that they have designated roles and one of them is simply just sitting around, leeching off all the effort and doing his short little video editing. It would only take him longer if he was using the wrong software for editing or if he was actually quite bad at it. Now I'm not saying the videos look bad, they look.. Okay, some look better than others by a substancial margin though. I'm saying if you take a long time on such a simple task then you probably are better suited in a different role.

You are right, I don't know how many people there are, I know there are three and the other one isn't here either and I have no idea what he does. It would appear he does nothing.

It does not change the fact that they are not here right now defending what they have worked on, looks like they don't care. would appear that validates my criticism alone.

Yes, I'm implying I get paid to do next to nothing, that is true, but to claim someone doesn't have experience without knowing them would be just as "absurd" as me saying it without having any experience.

Regardless. Maybe you are right maybe the video editing guy does suck at his duties, which is what you are telling me based on what I know to be true. That still doesn't change the fact that they are supposed to be friends, where are his friends eh? They are pretty bad at that too.

Well that makes two of us, who have experience in video editing. Which baffles me in why you're going out of your way to be critical of it, unless you're purposefully being awkward. What more were you expecting other than highlight reels? Did you think full length match edits for every single match were going to be concocted. You know, finding the chronological order of kills, while editing out the fluff. Even for a few matches, that would be time consuming and unfeasable for a tournament of this size.

But no, of course you could do better, and deliver on a timely basis.

"It does not change the fact that they are not here right now defending what they have worked on, looks like they don't care. would appear that validates my criticism alone."

Some real pants-on-head backwards logic there. But to be expected.

Regarding this whole dadypain taking the fall business. Really? The whole tournament has been pretty much a shambles, save for the videos, which though few in number, have been still well made. If one man can't successfully damage control this situation, what makes you think the other two are going to help spin this. For out of duty because they were simply involved? Or friendship as you put it? Even so, most likely they wouldn't be helping. They have the better sense than what dadypain is doing which, going by the last video, is just contributing to the controversy. 

He's a grown **bleep** man. I'm sure he knows what's entailed when setting up these events with the other guys. If he knows the workload is unfair, unmanageable, or has simply forseen circumstances which may compromise these tournaments, then it's his responsibility along with the other guys to call it off, or re-work things. If this is truly a group effort, then he should at least have the conviction to talk the other guys if he's unhappy about something. As should they. No one's a sole victim here.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - AceKlaw
Message 1476 of 1,643 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Dec 23, 2012

AceKlaw wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

AceKlaw wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Well that makes two of us, who have experience in video editing. Which baffles me in why you're going out of your way to be critical of it, unless you're purposefully being awkward. What more were you expecting other than highlight reels? Did you think full length match edits for every single match were going to be concocted. You know, finding the chronological order of kills, while editing out the fluff. Even for a few matches, that would be time consuming and unfeasable for a tournament of this size.

But no, of course you could do better, and deliver on a timely basis.

"It does not change the fact that they are not here right now defending what they have worked on, looks like they don't care. would appear that validates my criticism alone."

Some real pants-on-head backwards logic there. But to be expected.

Regarding this whole dadypain taking the fall business. Really? The whole tournament has been pretty much a shambles, save for the videos, which though few in number, have been still well made. If one man can't successfully damage control this situation, what makes you think the other two are going to help spin this. For out of duty because they were simply involved? Or friendship as you put it? Even so, most likely they wouldn't be helping. They have the better sense than what dadypain is doing which, going by the last video, is just contributing to the controversy. 

He's a grown **bleep** man. I'm sure he knows what's entailed when setting up these events with the other guys. If he knows the workload is unfair, unmanageable, or has simply forseen circumstances which may compromise these tournaments, then it's his responsibility along with the other guys to call it off, or re-work things. If this is truly a group effort, then he should at least have the conviction to talk the other guys if he's unhappy about something. As should they. No one's a sole victim here.

and finding the kills if you were going to do that would what? take an extra hour, maybe 30 minutes more? It doesn't take the amount of time it took to get the content online.

If I had taken that long in work, I'd be fired. Now I know they can't actually get fired from this because it's not really a job, but I'm just saying, there is no way it takes as long as it does to get the content online.

Now lets go back through the videos:

Olympics video - High quality, well edited

Trailers for tournaments - Often well edited and great to watch.

Then you look at these highlight reels, something is way off with them, the text and image stuff used looks like the guy who created the old comic book cartoons took over the editing suite and ran riot with the entire thing. the transitions look a bit lousy at times and the most important part you already hit on, it doesn't highlight everyones efforts in this competition.

I haven't once claimed this whole situation isn't shambolic, but the reality of the situation is I'm forced to write this because how a majority of people here are treating DP is massively unfair and unjust, my attack on his "friends/co-workers/whatever they are" is more about the fact that they are not here, they are not defending the project they have worked on, it implies they don't care and when people don't care about Uncharted for some reason it annoys me.

DP however does care, he has done a lot for the community with nothing asked for in return, apart from squid was anyone else offering to do anything for this community? Nope, no one was.

Now as for calling it off and switching things around, I guess you don't know sponsorship too well, with sponsors you are often bound to a certain date and time to have things done, afterall once you have a sponsor you are in their pocket. It's technically not even your tournament anymore once you have some sort of backing.

Anyway, the point is.. Even though you have gone way off the entire point just to find any reason to attack and throw crap at me...

Is this: attacking and belittling B2K is pointless, they (dadypain) has done a lot here and been a substancial part in helping things to grow, he never had to do any of it, the way some people have chose to repay him is nothing short of horrific. I can see the problem is with a lack of support, but lets face it, if his own team are not supporting him as well as they should, the community here should have shown some support, you don't have to agree with what recently happened, but you do have to agree with the positive impact dadypain has had.

Do I think the final match and some other areas were a farce? Yes

Should people be taking sides on this? No.

Could the community have helped? Yes.

Are a lot of people really ready to flush all the work dadypain has done down the toilet over a few mistakes? He knows where his weaknesses are and he will improve that. I know where they are too but that is a completely different matter. People here should be willing to let this slide, like what happened or not, he's done a lot around here and deserves a lot more respect than he's getting.

Feel free to turn that around and attack me with something. But I don't think you understand the whole meaning behind why I'm writing this, believe me, I'd love this thread to be about me, unfortunately you'd be lucky if I could generate 3 pages. it's because I actually have a lot of respect for the passion and effort dadypain has put in to this community and doesn't really deserve everyone to remember his efforts as shambolic and messy, he's done great things and should be remembered for that and may many more great things come, but really, people need to lay off him and try to help him, I've tried by suggesting he changes his team of people around a bit.

Remember, no one is perfect and everyone screws something up at some point.

Message 1477 of 1,643 (772 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

Aurelia,

I really appreciate your kind words of support particulary with all the slander and abuse we have been receiving over the past days which has really been quite suprising and dissapointing to see people taking sides in such a vindictive manner rather than seeking to mediate.

I would just like to iterate though that BIG2KREW could never got as far as it has if we all werent all involved. Particulary vinhdaloo who you can thank for all the incredible editing work which for me is second to none and because he does so much work in the background while i do a lot of the posting and speaking, I seem to get most of the credit when it certainly shouldnt be the case.

Talisman29 also helps out as much as he can but unfortunately he has a lot of committments which makes it very difficult for him.

But once again I appreciate the fact that you have chosen not to take sides  here and look at the situation impartially.

thanks

dadypain

BIG2KREW

Message 1478 of 1,643 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Dec 23, 2012

this is their 2nd tournament and they mucked them both up in the same way.  this one was more noticable because it was in the final.  same deal last tournament.

a team was DQ'ed causing team T2gL to play tea DA* in a quarter or semifinal match, don't recall which.  Dadypain and B2K refused to let them play at a time suitable for either.   He gave them less than 24 hours notice.  Neither team got to use their real team.  DA* had to go without Abadeezy......don't remember who else.  T2gL was also down two players and had to go with random people off friends lists'.......MeowMolly and iDropDead.  T2gL won the match but it wasn't fair to either team really.......neither tournament team had their real team.  In T2gL's case they had to use 2 people who were not only not on the tournament team but people who aren't even in the T2gL clan.  just random friends.  Both players are very good and they won but stil......it wasn't T2gL who won that game it was T2gL + 2 random friends.

it appears that they don't learn from their mistakes.  same thing in this tournament.  no respect in scheduling for the teams involved.  little notice on when they had to play and were instructed to play with people who weren't even on their team or in their clan.   Random players were to be given shots at winning the tournament without ever even competing in a match much less winning a match to qualify to be in the finals. 

GET+ acted correctly.  They knew that GET+ had earned the match and the chance of winning the finals, not random people who had never even beaten anybody in the tournament.  They used the situation to showcase what a sham it is......

seriously, why would any player be given a chance to be a tournament champion without ever playing in the tournament until the final game?  **bleep** kind of logic is that?  If I was everyone else in the tournament who played and won atleast one game I'd be **bleep**........ why wasn't everyone given the opportunity to be crowned champion for one win?

Message 1479 of 1,643 (712 Views)
Sackboy
609 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Drama aside, I'm kinda bummed that there is the lack of  gameplay footage in the matches played in this tournament (as well as highlight reels) coming from big2krew this time around but obvious reasons. Smiley Sad

Dadypain, will you guys have enough time to upload and do all of this?

Message 1480 of 1,643 (679 Views)