Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 03 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3719 posts

BIGGER Argument For smaller Co-op Maps

12 replies 429 views Edited Nov 3, 2013

So ND, congratulations, you have passed and proved that smaller maps DO work for Co-op.

I played co-op on the Old Quarter yesterday and it is the most toughest map on Co-op Arena.

The small size (maybe the smallest map in U3 if not one of the smallest maps) made it extremely tough as the enemies all spawned straight away. The enemies came in great numbers and spawned in droves. Survival, Siege and for the first time ever Gold Rush was equally difficult.

ALL Maps should be this difficult, however this is not why I made this post.

We were told small maps such as Cave, Trainwreck and even The Temple were "too small", but you've now PROVED this is NOT the case. Co-op is playable on Old Quarter and it's extremely challenging with 2 players (2 Vets if you will). On Hard it's not that Hard to be honest.

So, in future, PLEASE give us "small maps" as it ADDS to the diversity AND difficulty and most importantly the playability.

Maps like City of Brass and London Underground should also be available, simply block certain bits off like you did with the Dome in Molten Ruins and removing things like the Ladders in Yemen.

Same goes for The Graveyard and Dry Docks. Block off the water and/or make it so that we instantly die if we jump in the water like we did in the Old Quarter during Shades.

There are lots of co-op players who LOATHE CMP and only play co-op, give those players the same maps to play co-op on as the CMP fans have.

Don't worry about enemy spawns, it doesn't have to be realistic, the can spawn from any corner, jump from any wall or climb up from anywhere. Realism isn't an issue, if it was then why does a Choker have 50 identical brothers who keep coming to avenge their murdered sibling? 

You CAN do this for us in the future and especially on the PS4 you'll have the technology there for you. When making online maps, make them with co-op in mind too. Thanks.

Message 1 of 13 (429 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: BIGGER Argument For smaller Co-op Maps

Nov 3, 2013
AMEN! Nice post Ali. @ NDI...Old Quarter is fun! Thanks for including it in the Anniversary gifts! And yes. Silent but dedicated Co-Opers don't want to pay the same $$ as competitive players only to be restricted in the maps they can play. That was my only complaint about Fortune Hunters Club. The fact that, overall, if I don't play COMP I've wasted $$$ and have several unplayable maps. Let's hope this gets resolved under UC4. And for the love of baby Jesus, give us the option to play seperate modes for Arena, a la UC2!
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 2 of 13 (393 Views)
Wastelander
672 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Deadly water? But I like to swim. If there's a Shotgun Guy I just can jump into the water and swim to the other side. I like the water in Old Quater Coop Arena. 

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 3 of 13 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Good Post I haven't tried Old Quarter on Co-op to see how it works but I agree with ya dude.

Message 4 of 13 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
371 posts

Nov 3, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

So ND, congratulations, you have passed and proved that smaller maps DO work for Co-op.

I played co-op on the Old Quarter yesterday and it is the most toughest map on Co-op Arena.

The small size (maybe the smallest map in U3 if not one of the smallest maps) made it extremely tough as the enemies all spawned straight away. The enemies came in great numbers and spawned in droves. Survival, Siege and for the first time ever Gold Rush was equally difficult.

ALL Maps should be this difficult, however this is not why I made this post.

We were told small maps such as Cave, Trainwreck and even The Temple were "too small", but you've now PROVED this is NOT the case. Co-op is playable on Old Quarter and it's extremely challenging with 2 players (2 Vets if you will). On Hard it's not that Hard to be honest.

So, in future, PLEASE give us "small maps" as it ADDS to the diversity AND difficulty and most importantly the playability.

Maps like City of Brass and London Underground should also be available, simply block certain bits off like you did with the Dome in Molten Ruins and removing things like the Ladders in Yemen.

Same goes for The Graveyard and Dry Docks. Block off the water and/or make it so that we instantly die if we jump in the water like we did in the Old Quarter during Shades.

There are lots of co-op players who LOATHE CMP and only play co-op, give those players the same maps to play co-op on as the CMP fans have.

Don't worry about enemy spawns, it doesn't have to be realistic, the can spawn from any corner, jump from any wall or climb up from anywhere. Realism isn't an issue, if it was then why does a Choker have 50 identical brothers who keep coming to avenge their murdered sibling? 

You CAN do this for us in the future and especially on the PS4 you'll have the technology there for you. When making online maps, make them with co-op in mind too. Thanks.

Your reasoning only applies to this generation, the PS4 has the power to make any map just as hard as Old Quarter, simply because the amount of enemies on screen at a time will/can be upped significantly.

So they don't have to make online maps with co-op in mind..

Message 5 of 13 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2013

Nice Post Ali.

I agree i was always one who wanted these maps playable for Co-op and there are maps that i understand have spawning issues. Even if this is so, there are ways around it. I was always under the impression ND said it was to do with where the enemies could spawn. For example Temple is a closed map with no open boundaries there is no way they could spawn efficiently.

Thinking about this i now think there are ways ND could spawn enemies. Temple has some access through the ceilings throughout and many other maps have accessibility and realism from map boundaries i.e. Train wreck and cave.

I still don't get why some where left out but i gave up beating a dead dog (yes dog) after i campaigned for lab maps to have co-op capabilities.

Dymism

Message 6 of 13 (331 Views)
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Uncharted 4, Ali... Uncharted 4... hopefully ND will learn from their mistakes, which, i think they're kinda already doing.

Just look at 1.18, IMO the best patch U3 ever had.
Message 7 of 13 (308 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3719 posts

Nov 3, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Uncharted 4, Ali... Uncharted 4... hopefully ND will learn from their mistakes, which, i think they're kinda already doing.

Just look at 1.18, IMO the best patch U3 ever had.

I agree, I still thaink it's too late, but better late than never. We didn't really need 18 patches to get here. If this is a sign for good things to come then so be it. Like I said in my previous post, U4 needs 4 patches max, the less the better.

Message 8 of 13 (307 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Nov 4, 2013
I also like big co-op maps like village but small maps are more challenging especially on crushing.
Message 9 of 13 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
23 posts

Nov 4, 2013
I'm pretty sure ND added Co-Op Arena the Old Quarter as an inside joke.

I've been waiting since they released the first flashback map pack to add mods to the FAL-SS in Co-Op but they never did. So I doubt they will ever do this. Haven't logged on post 1.18 but I'm guessing that FAL still doesn't have mods :smileysad:
Message 10 of 13 (243 Views)
0 Likes