Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 29 2012
By: czech_paladin First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

BRING BACK THE OLD GMAL

58 replies 646 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

When I began the UC3 multiplayer, I started by playing with an easy to use weapon (M9), then aquired some skill and moved up to the slightly more rewarding, yet difficult GMAL.  After mastery of the GMAL, I then wanted to learn the FAL, but you nerfed it, making a weapon that in real life is 1 shot decimation (7.62/51mm is a heavy machine gun and an intermediate ranged sniping round) capable of splitting the engine block of a car, and ADDED to the number of shots it takes to kill.  WHY??? A harder weapon to use should be a more rewarding and gratifying weapon to master, not a rediculous waste that gets destroyed by m9's at mid range.  But I'm here to talk about the GMAL....

Patch 1.13 made the gmal's bursts irratic, and virtually unusable against a person using fleet foot gold with m9.  I tried it again yesterday hoping my aim issues were operator error, which it was not.  Mid to long range, after pulling (and missing) half of the shots fired, it often takes 4 bursts or more to finish business, making it one of the slowest killing weapons in the game.  At close range, you get mowed down by endless armies of kal7 blindfirers and ROF M9, flynn M9, ect....  What is the gmal's purpose? being the third best all-around gun of three, after the M9 and then the AK.  THAT SHOULD NOT BE SO, considering it is the most difficult and used to be the best.  A proposed solution would be to make the nearly useless ACCURACY MOD for the gmail at least as good as the old gmal,  if not better.  I miss ELENA's gmail, which was my go-to weapon of choice, but is now virtually useless due to jumpy recoil (which makes you get a lot of assists by the way).  I am beginning to doubt you will bring it back to it's old strength, so I would at least settle for a good accuracy mod. 

My progression of skill went from M9 to GMAL to FAL to GMAL back down to M9.  THEN YOU NERFED M9 BLINDFIRE, but I will leave that alone for now...  I JUST WANT MY ELENA's GMAL BACK, or an incentive to use Weapon Expert Gold with accuracy and reload. 

Message 1 of 59 (646 Views)
Survivor
2216 posts

Re: BRING BACK THE OLD GMAL

Oct 29, 2012

czech_paladin wrote:

When I began the UC3 multiplayer, I started by playing with an easy to use weapon (M9), then aquired some skill and moved up to the slightly more rewarding, yet difficult GMAL.  After mastery of the GMAL, I then wanted to learn the FAL, but you nerfed it, making a weapon that in real life is 1 shot decimation (7.62/51mm is a heavy machine gun and an intermediate ranged sniping round) capable of splitting the engine block of a car, and ADDED to the number of shots it takes to kill.  WHY??? A harder weapon to use should be a more rewarding and gratifying weapon to master, not a rediculous waste that gets destroyed by m9's at mid range.  But I'm here to talk about the GMAL....

Patch 1.13 made the gmal's bursts irratic, and virtually unusable against a person using fleet foot gold with m9.  I tried it again yesterday hoping my aim issues were operator error, which it was not.  Mid to long range, after pulling (and missing) half of the shots fired, it often takes 4 bursts or more to finish business, making it one of the slowest killing weapons in the game.  At close range, you get mowed down by endless armies of kal7 blindfirers and ROF M9, flynn M9, ect....  What is the gmal's purpose? being the third best all-around gun of three, after the M9 and then the AK.  THAT SHOULD NOT BE SO, considering it is the most difficult and used to be the best.  A proposed solution would be to make the nearly useless ACCURACY MOD for the gmail at least as good as the old gmal,  if not better.  I miss ELENA's gmail, which was my go-to weapon of choice, but is now virtually useless due to jumpy recoil (which makes you get a lot of assists by the way).  I am beginning to doubt you will bring it back to it's old strength, so I would at least settle for a good accuracy mod. 

My progression of skill went from M9 to GMAL to FAL to GMAL back down to M9.  THEN YOU NERFED M9 BLINDFIRE, but I will leave that alone for now...  I JUST WANT MY ELENA's GMAL BACK, or an incentive to use Weapon Expert Gold with accuracy and reload. 

The old g-mal and Fal didn't take too much skill. You needed to aim them but still the killing speed was insane. I agree on the blindfire nerf though.

Signature02.png

Message 2 of 59 (640 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I didn't even have to read your post to say this

NO FACE - NO

Message 3 of 59 (639 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Oct 29, 2012
No they need to bring back the old gmal no it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to kill with gmal if someone sees you with their m9
And the fal-ss's jamming needs be to nerfed to
Message 4 of 59 (620 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Absolutely.  The gmail is nerfed to death. I also loved elena's gmal, but won't use it at all now.  in response to the statement earlier that the gmal and fal were too fast, I gotta say not at all- if there are any culprits, let's look at that stupid kal 7 that naughty dog won't put a leash on, or even the ROF m9.  neither require skill, and the KAL jeopardizes your lifespan because it isn't 100 percent effective and can't do long range.  Completely worthless gun IMO.  It reflects the skill level of the real life contemporaries : taliban in afghanistan, who also can't aim.

Message 5 of 59 (610 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Basically, the people who wanted the death of the G-MAL are those who use M9 ROF or AK Accuracy.

Not G-MAL users.

Message 6 of 59 (605 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Oct 29, 2012

GMAL is ok now....   . learn to play with another weapon...  or you used GMAL only because it was OP...?.

Message 7 of 59 (596 Views)
Survivor
2122 posts

Oct 29, 2012

No. The gmal is a good gun.

Its just less used now because 1) you now have to actually aim it yourself and 2) it does not have airstrip-airplane-stopping power any more.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 8 of 59 (588 Views)
Gaming Beast
1829 posts

Oct 29, 2012

I always use it for the airstrip and london underground intros with cloaked the weapon is perfect with accuracy on it. It's fine as it is now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 9 of 59 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Oct 29, 2012

czech_paladin wrote:

Get out of here noob, go play with RoF M9, if you can't use the G-MAL don't use it.

The G-MAL is fine.

Message 10 of 59 (580 Views)