Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Re: Best and Worst Maps

Dec 23, 2011

I play primarily Plunder.

Best maps:  Museum, Chateau, Molten Ruins

Worst: Yemen

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 41 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Favorite:

Hardcore - Airstrip, Syria, Facility, London Underground

Plunder - Museum believe it or not...lots of action

Objective - Airstrip, Chateau, Facility, London, Syria

Co-Op Adventure: Airport

Co-Op Arena - Facility, Airstrip

Worst:

Hardcore: Highrise and Museum - WAY too slow gameplay

Plunder: Highrise

Objective: Highrise and Museum

Co-Op Adventure - Monastery

Message 42 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Dec 23, 2011

favourite: desert village, london underground and hopefully dry docks when that comes out.

worst: highrise, museum.

Message 43 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Dec 23, 2011

It's tough for me.

Most favourite:

London (After the train sequence)

Airstrip (After the plane sequence)

Least favourite:

City of Brass

Syria

As far as maps go I don't hate them, not that I concentrate that well on them.

Message 44 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Dec 24, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

A “most favorite multiplayer map” poll is now up in this Multiplayer section. The Highrise and City of Brass multiplayer maps have been combined into the “other” option. I have also included some images for the current multiplayer maps. I thought that might be useful for some individuals:

Which multiplayer map in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is your favorite?

http://community.us.playstation.com/polls/1567

If you guys ever need a poll then feel free to send me a private message.

Great Poll. Nice work on adding the pictures, too.

Message 45 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Dec 24, 2011

Favourites: Facility and Airstrip

Worst : Highrise and Syria.

Message 46 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Dec 24, 2011

The only ones I don't like are Highrise, Syria and Museum (in decreasing amounts of hatred).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 47 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I'm most fond of Facility, Museum, City of Brass, and Yemen. I also tend to enjoy Desert Village quite a bit, so long as the other team isn't exploiting the upper-area fortress, haha...

I still hate Highrise. No change there.

And I'm sick to death of Chateau, and the freakin' camping room upstairs. Don't hate the map, per se, am just bored with it. And the camping. Yep.

Am fairly indifferent to Airstrip, Molten Ruins, and Syria. I don't love them, but I also don't dislike them. They're just kinda there.

I think that's it. Am I missing any? I don't believe so.

Message 48 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1438 posts

Dec 24, 2011

Worst map has to be the highrise. And Yemen though, everyone camps with the sniper.

My PS3 has YLOD -_-
Message 49 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Dec 24, 2011

Looks like mostly everyone hates Highrise! I do too!

Although, I'm probably one of the few people in the world who loves City of Brass.

Favorites: Airstrip (past the caravan part), Molten Ruins, City of Brass

Good: Facility, Desert Village, London Underground (past the train part)

Ok: Yemen, Chateau, Museum

Hate: Highrise, Syria

My favorites reflect my proficienty in mid-range combat; these maps are mid-sized save for Molten Ruins and allow for ease of use of the G-MAL and dare I say it, the FAL-SS.

The good maps are fine; Facility is big but not very open-ended which is something I like. Desert Village is small and chaotic, one of my favorite map designs as long as they don't suffer from atrocious spawning. London Underground is great for mid-range combat, but I don't get excited about it as much as my favorites.

The meh maps? Well Yemen is great for mid-range fights but somewhat open-ended. It's annoying having to take out people hiding out in the towers, but grenades kill them nearly all the time. There's a lot of flank routes which is nice...but it's easy to get exposed to the entire enemy team. Chateau is alright but everyone camps in that one room that Eugenides mentioned. It's a haven for blindfire+melee since it's easy to run into people there. Museum is alright too, but it's slow and open-ended. VERY good practice for flanking manuevers too.

Syria and Highrise though...just terrible. Syria actually isn't a half-bad map, but I don't like it because it's so easy to get exposed to everything and it is a nightmare if a full party is owning you and your team back to your own spawn. Oh, and snipers with the T-Bolt. Nothing wrong with that, but they are the ultimate rooster-block.

Highrise is just bad all over. I didn't like it much in U2 either but it had better lighting. Now to me it's just...bad. It can get extremely claustophobic(sp) at some times and can be awkward with all the climbing. It's a nightmare for mid-range people like me since you can get rushed in the buildings or sniped by someone with the T-Bolt.

I can't wait for the Flashback Map Pack. Frozen Ruins in U2 was one of my favorites, and the Fort was always fun. Never was a big fan of Santuary however...memories of the skeleton tryhards who rush the Pistole and also camp with the Dragon in one of the two towers.

Message 50 of 112 (188 Views)
0 Likes