Dec 13, 2012
You'll seem like a moron though
Message 21 of 25 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Re: Best sniper 2nd booster slot?

Dec 13, 2012

Well technically daredevil is better than ammo award in almost every way. It gives more ammo + a grenade plus it can  give it to you for every single kill(if you get the taunt) as opposed to ammo award which just gives you 1 clip for every 3 kills and you can't control when you get it so you can end up activating ammo award when you don't really need it.

That being said though, ammo award's only instance of being more useful is with sniping while far away and making sure it doesn't activate while using your t-bolt which it probably will 1-2 times everytime you activate it, resulting in a waste of the ammo.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 22 of 25 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Dec 14, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

Well technically daredevil is better than ammo award in almost every way. It gives more ammo + a grenade plus it can  give it to you for every single kill(if you get the taunt) as opposed to ammo award which just gives you 1 clip for every 3 kills and you can't control when you get it so you can end up activating ammo award when you don't really need it.

That being said though, ammo award's only instance of being more useful is with sniping while far away and making sure it doesn't activate while using your t-bolt which it probably will 1-2 times everytime you activate it, resulting in a waste of the ammo.

What do you mean activate? I mean, don't people need ammo all the time?

Anyway, Daredevil is a lot riskier. Besides the "I can't reach him problem", when you taunt someone, they'll think that "IT'S ON **bleep**".

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 23 of 25 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Dec 14, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Anyway, Daredevil is a lot riskier. Besides the "I can't reach him problem", when you taunt someone, they'll think that "IT'S ON **bleep**".

get 2 kills, die, respawn get 1 kill, good job you replenished the 5 bullets you wasted.

Not to mention you can activate ammo award while holding a power weapon, which will do nothing. I'm not saying ammo award doesn't have its uses, and in this case I will choose it over daredevil, but daredevil is still the better option in most cases.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 24 of 25 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Dec 14, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

get 2 kills, die, respawn get 1 kill, good job you replenished the 5 bullets you wasted.

Not to mention you can activate ammo award while holding a power weapon, which will do nothing. I'm not saying ammo award doesn't have its uses, and in this case I will choose it over daredevil, but daredevil is still the better option in most cases.

Ah. So it'll work better if you can be assured you don't die often and that your kickback is something not weapon related (eg Smoke bomb, nades, etc etc)

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 25 of 25 (100 Views)
0 Likes