Splicer
86 posts

I'm sure ND wasn't like, "Buahaha, screw our fans, l...

Nov 3, 2011

I'm sure ND wasn't like, "Buahaha, screw our fans, let's mess with with aiming and watch 'em cry!" I'm sure any impro...er, adjustments they made were made because they thought it would make their game better. But the fact of the matter is, something in the aiming feels wrong, and it needs to be fixed. A simple, "Oh, it's meant to feel like that, nothing's wrong." will definitely not suffice for me. I say we should keep bumping this page for the great justice Uncharted 3 deserves. What baffles me is that the multiplayer aiming is splendid! How does that make sense??

Message 151 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Changing the aiming is very necessary. When I jump from t...

Nov 3, 2011

Changing the aiming is very necessary. When I jump from the multiplayer to the campaign, I (and as far as I can read, many others) feel like a fish out of water. I'm not saying they should rehaul the aiming and then screw over people that have gotten used to the normal aiming, I'm saying they should add an aiming option that mirrors multiplayer's aiming, it would just make everyone happy. 

Message 152 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

while i really...

Nov 3, 2011

i really appriciate the blog post about aiming. it is exactly what we asked for about a month ago when we started playing the subway demo, where was this love last month?

any chance ND could eleborate on the rest of the aiming system: stickiness, acceleration, slowdown, and auto-aim?

i am also wondering about the fidelity of the reticle. testing in a custom match, the reticle returns to center on the AK and the M9. the GMAL doesnt return, it stays where the recoil left it. the pistols all return to center.

both the uc2 and uc3 systems prevent the gun from behaving as people expect. one ND didnt move the reticle for, the other ND did. couldnt this be accomplished better with a reticle that is more accurate vs less accurate with appropriate bloom? that way the player knows the bullets will be in the center of the reticle somewhere. if the player picks up a more accurate gun, both the mechanics and the reticle reflect the same thing, resulting in the player seeing and understanding what is happening. moreover, the player control would never be usurped by the game-- no shots outside of the zone, no moving my reticle on its own. 

in uc2 with that infamous patch ND learned that changing health after 6 months was bad. changing the fundamental aiming is no brighter an idea.

i love gunfights in the MP. it is basically what the MP is, so that is great. i hate gunfights in the single player, i just want them to be over so i can get back to having fun. i found myself hoping that for your next game you continue to develop melee and ditch the guns altogether.

Message 153 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Completely agree. It's hard to move the cursor where I wa...

Nov 3, 2011

Completely agree. It's hard to move the cursor where I want exactly.

Also, even on sensitivity 10, the guns move very s l o w l y.

Do you feel me?

Message 154 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Also agreed. Game was perfect until they gave me a gun. I...

Nov 3, 2011
Also agreed. Game was perfect until they gave me a gun.

I had a little play on Uncharted 2 just for comparison and the aiming system in that is perfect. Not sure what happened ND, but a patch would be appreciated. I think I'm gonna hold off playing singleplayer until they sort this out, it's game ruining for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFFN Website
Message 155 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

beating the SP on Hard was a nightmare. any gun that took...

Nov 3, 2011

beating the SP on Hard was a nightmare. any gun that took more than 1 shot to kill i avoided, stealth killed every oportunity i had.  it would be foolish to even attempt to do Crushing until this gets fixed, unless ND came out with a 2nd gold trophy (ya there's only one gold trophy, lame) or something that had the description "Beat U3 on Crushing with Broken Aiming Mechanics"

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - crXss
Message 156 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Hey doods just relax im sure if they see this many people...

Nov 3, 2011
Hey doods just relax im sure if they see this many people whining they know something is wrong. Just chill and wait.

As for me I don't see a problem with the aiming at all. BUT i guess others do. Anyway just sit back and wait.
Message 157 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

I've been reading some of Arne's posts on NeoGAF, and he'...

Nov 3, 2011

I've been reading some of Arne's posts on NeoGAF, and he's saying the changes in the aiming system make aiming diagonally smoother (rough paraphrasing). I went back and played some U2 to test out the diagonal aiming, and they did improve it in U3, or in U3's multiplayer, however.

I'm beginning to think the aiming in SP is bugged, because it's great in multiplayer, and ND keeps claiming the max sensitivity is faster than U2's, when the fact of the matter is it isn't.

Now all I want to know is why ND seems to be having so much trouble seeing how bad the aiming actually is, and whether or not it's something they can actually patch. 

Message 158 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

You know what? I think there was some sort of mix up with...

Nov 3, 2011

hao-chi wrote:

I'm beginning to think the aiming in SP is bugged, because it's great in multiplayer, and ND keeps claiming the max sensitivity is faster than U2's, when the fact of the matter is it isn't.

Now all I want to know is why ND seems to be having so much trouble seeing how bad the aiming actually is, and whether or not it's something they can actually patch. 

You know what? I think there was some sort of mix up with the disks or something. Naughty Dog may have the Official master disk in their hands right now and thats what they're going off. But in all our shipped copies there is something wrong. 

P.S. Can someone please make a video of this aiming problem?

Message 159 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

We aren't all wrong, there IS a problem with the aiming a...

Nov 3, 2011

We aren't all wrong, there IS a problem with the aiming and if ND dismiss this then I will be selling the game because Alpha Protocol played better than U3! Hell, so did Mindjack!

Message 160 of 308 (17 Views)
0 Likes