Mar 23 2013
By: Harold-Da-Man I Only Post Everything 894 posts

Blindfire Deterrent

42 replies 1305 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

Here are some tips for you people who think that blindfire is OP:

1: Grenade Roll: if someone comes at you, blindfiring like a wild man, simply run away from him and drop a grenade mid-roll. He will either A. Die, which happens about 70% of the times I do this. B. Throw back the grenade, which gives you time to turn around and shoot him while the throwback animation is happening. C. Get downed, which also gives you time to turn around and shoot him. D. Nothing will happen because you timed your grenade badly (it's not hard to get good at though).

2. Be aware of your surroundings: never just look one way while running to your next objective. Always be looking to the side and behind you. Not being aware of what's behind or to the side of you is one of the most common ways to be blindfire jumped. If you see people coming, you can get the jump on them. They will be expecting to blindfire, so they will be caught off guard. Also, avoid tight spaces where you can easily get smoked by blindfire.

3. Use blindfire properly: this feature is in the game for a reason. To fend off enemies who get too close, which in most cases means the people who use blindfire as a playstyle. Although taking down someone with a Kal in a blindfire battle is hard, it's much easier to take down someone using an M9 or AK. Stop aiming and admit that blindfire is a real tactic in these situations, just not a playstyle of blindfire.

For those of you who say that blindfire is OP, this just isn't true. Unless I take someone completely off guard, it takes a much longer time to kill someone with blindfire than by aiming. Also, don't be oblivious when it comes to planning. When a map like Desert Village is picked, don't expect to win with a GMAL or Dragon. I would actually encourage using a blindfire weapon on small maps like these, because of all the small spaces where aiming just isn't as useful. But if using blindfire doesn't sit right with you, just stay away from packed areas. You will be killed, hands down. Why? not because blindfire is OP, but because it's far more useful in small areas. We're not supposed to be able to aim kill in every situation. That's why blindfire is in the game.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 1 of 43 (1,305 Views)
Wastelander
699 posts

Re: Blindfire Deterrent

Mar 23, 2013

Nice thread maybe people will stop hating on BF

ill give tips too from whats ive seen can only get me killed

1. If you are an aimer straffe always backward from BF rushers

2.granade roll as soon as you hear a kal close or see the traces going for you

3.Figth BF with BF.

4.Stay away from QCQ

for pussys

AK + EGG HAT + FLEET FOOT

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 2 of 43 (1,290 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Mar 23, 2013
You want me to turn into a pooper? Never.
Message 3 of 43 (1,285 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10165 posts

Mar 23, 2013
"Blindfire isn't a problem, I totally owned a blindirer by headshotting him point-blank with a Dragon. Also, I own them with my Raffica. Therefore it's not OP."

But I won't say THAT, y'know?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 43 (1,275 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Mar 23, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
"Blindfire isn't a problem, I totally owned a blindirer by headshotting him point-blank with a Dragon. Also, I own them with my Raffica. Therefore it's not OP."

But I won't say THAT, y'know?

I actually did that once on Lab Map 6 by a headshot quickscope

Message 5 of 43 (1,272 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
375 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

''Blindfire accuracy is fine. People are so stupid on here. I don't use it, and can take down blindfire maniacs fine. The only problem is that you guys can't learn how to combat blindfire, so you whine that it's OP. Get good or get out.''

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I think 130+ forumers know how to avoid blindfire 1.5 years post release.... but that isn't the problem, the problem is that it's an effective way of killing players requiring nearly any effort, and makes it so that aiming isn't worth it, while aiming ALWAYS should be better than running and gunning.

If I can avoid a glitcher by sitting in cover so that he can't hit me, doesn't mean it  isn't cheating...

Message 6 of 43 (800 Views)
Sackboy
375 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Oh and just because you think that, and make up some nonsense points of how this game is designed doesn't validate your points.

My viewing point comes from lots of experience with Uncharted 2, but I don't expect you to have played that game so you might just have the wrong idea about Uncharted.. or I'm wrong and the running and gunning game they have now is the future of the Uncharted series.. but lets not go to that pessimistic place.

Message 7 of 43 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Mar 23, 2013
This a huge pile of BS and noone is fooled by it -_-

The stupid grenade roll doesnt work most of the time, i use it alot.

Aware of your surroundings? XD most of the time it doesnt matter with the clunky mechanics, autoaiming blindfire (has insane range too), and the all too common practice of ppl waiting for behind objects.

Blindfire is a **bleep** tactic!! Its nothing to be proud about... Why are you prroud of something thats done automatically for u in a cheap way??! Its overpowered for a reason no argument there.

I have over 8K+ headshots and can easily tell you its extremely hard aiming at a blindire morons head because of the slow aim speec and super annoying sticky aim assist.

Don't u talk to us about properly aiming when you're defending a op broken autoaiming mechanic. Strafing backwards rarely helps, if it did every1 would do it to counter it -_-
Its extremely useful because u can't do anything against it and is done automatically for u!! Omg

For real pusssies:
Kal-- know what? Blindfire everything and never get a headshot or headhunter medal.
Message 8 of 43 (362 Views)
Fender Bender
2608 posts

Mar 23, 2013

There was a real blindfire deterrent, and it was the brilliant gameplay tactic known as the airwalk! :smileyhappy:

But no, those biased steelfisting developers considered it cheating! :smileymad:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 9 of 43 (350 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

Nice thread maybe people will stop hating on BF

ill give tips too from whats ive seen can only get me killed

1. If you are an aimer straffe always backward from BF rushers

2.granade roll as soon as you hear a kal close or see the traces going for you

3.Figth BF with BF.

4.Stay away from QCQ

for pussys

AK + EGG HAT + FLEET FOOT

I basically said all this, but I'm glad to see someone agrees with me.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 10 of 43 (336 Views)
0 Likes