Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Blindfire Deterrent

Mar 23, 2013
I don't mind blindfire much but when players exclusively do it, it gets to me, even more so with SAS . Great tips though, experienced players should be aware of these.
Also kal7 is really fun although extremely hard to aim.
Message 21 of 43 (831 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Well,blindfire is indeed OP but there are certain factors that make it OP.I will take Uncharted 2 as a comparison...

1-The running speed in Uncharted 3 is incredible fast while in Uncharted 2 the speed is slow.

2-The high health in Uncharted 3.If someone try to blindfire you in Uncharted 2 you just shoot him and he is dead because of the low health.SP was good at Uncharted 2 when a person blindfire too(When you shoot a person that is blindfireing).But in Uncharted 3, the high health and incredible running speed makes blindfire(U2 -Last Resort,U3-Almost main tool) really useful and OP.There are few and not effective ways to counter it but in U2 you can counter it like i said.

3- I dont know but in U2 the gun appears to do less damage when blindfireing.Not sure.

4-Factors are making blindfire OP.In Uncharted 2 blindfire was really accurate too but certain factors make it last resort like low health,good SP,slow running speed...

5-Blindfire needs a nerf or the factors i´ve said.Blindfire just kill thefun of the game.In Uncharted 2(a real shooter game),gunfights are really fun.Gunfights taking longer(people strafing with fleet foot)and the person with more skill(strafe good and better aiming)will win the gunfight,this was really fun to me.Uncharted 3 killed this,you just need to hold R1 and you get a kill,no fun at all.

In my opinion certain factors make it OP but it is indeed OP and kill the fun of the game.Blindfire factors or blindfire itself really need a nerf.Naughty Dog said that blindfire is fine but i think they said it is fine because the game wasn´t designed to be a shooter or they were too far with the blindfire idea.

Message 22 of 43 (803 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

Here are some tips for you people who think that blindfire is OP:

1: Grenade Roll: if someone comes at you, blindfiring like a wild man, simply run away from him and drop a grenade mid-roll. He will either A. Die, which happens about 70% of the times I do this. B. Throw back the grenade, which gives you time to turn around and shoot him while the throwback animation is happening. C. Get downed, which also gives you time to turn around and shoot him. D. Nothing will happen because you timed your grenade badly (it's not hard to get good at though).

2. Be aware of your surroundings: never just look one way while running to your next objective. Always be looking to the side and behind you. Not being aware of what's behind or to the side of you is one of the most common ways to be blindfire jumped. If you see people coming, you can get the jump on them. They will be expecting to blindfire, so they will be caught off guard. Also, avoid tight spaces where you can easily get smoked by blindfire.

3. Use blindfire properly: this feature is in the game for a reason. To fend off enemies who get too close, which in most cases means the people who use blindfire as a playstyle. Although taking down someone with a Kal in a blindfire battle is hard, it's much easier to take down someone using an M9 or AK. Stop aiming and admit that blindfire is a real tactic in these situations, just not a playstyle of blindfire.

For those of you who say that blindfire is OP, this just isn't true. Unless I take someone completely off guard, it takes a much longer time to kill someone with blindfire than by aiming. Also, don't be oblivious when it comes to planning. When a map like Desert Village is picked, don't expect to win with a GMAL or Dragon. I would actually encourage using a blindfire weapon on small maps like these, because of all the small spaces where aiming just isn't as useful. But if using blindfire doesn't sit right with you, just stay away from packed areas. You will be killed, hands down. Why? not because blindfire is OP, but because it's far more useful in small areas. We're not supposed to be able to aim kill in every situation. That's why blindfire is in the game.

I agree that most people exagerate the effectiveness of blindfire (probably because they only use an M9 which has very little stopping power Smiley Indifferent). And if I have a grenade and am more than 10 feet away from a blindfirer who is rushing me, that blindfirer won't survive the encounter (noob and pro alike). And I would have to also say that I am very aware of my suroundings, "hot-spots," and spawn points. I think that I'm pretty proficient at avoiding blindfire all together, but that's probably just because of my playstyle. And when I need to I use blindfire appropriately and effectively. 

But even still there are times when I can't even comprehend all the blindfire in a game, let alone counter it at all without resorting to despicable means (**cough** M9 with RoF **cough**). Mostly though, blindfire is not a problem. However, this may just be because of my tendency towards high stopping power weapons (FAL-SS and AK-47). 

Nevertheless, there is always that well-coordinated team of KAL-7 blindfirers... Smiley Frustrated

And even though it isn't a problem for me, I think it needs a nerf. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 23 of 43 (776 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Rule of thumb: Just because you can defend against something does not mean that the thing you are defending against isn't over-powered.
Message 24 of 43 (769 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013
In that case, the FAL and GMAL weren't OP because they sucked in HC.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 25 of 43 (761 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Once again, let's move back on topic. This is an advice thread.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 26 of 43 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Sorry, it came off as something else entirely. Seriously.

Anyway:

1. They can't blindfire you if you're doing a mega jump (it's hard to follow).
2. Stay away from higher platforms. Mid-air blindfire is common as well.
3. Cover might be useless against aiming opponents, but it works against blindfirers.
4. Headshots deal more damage. If you're aiming against a blindfirer and you're aiming to the body, why bother? You'd either die at the same time or he kills you first.
5. Rolling doesn't do squat. Bunnyhopping, same thing. Rollnades might do something, but honestly unless you're in a very open place like the area in Museum, he'd just hide for a while and finish you off.
6. Getting snuck up and blindfired is a legitimate tactic. It prevents getting killed by a revenge nade while in a lengthy stealth animation. Don't be stupid and make sure to always run around your camping spot to throw them off. (not applicable against an enemy team w/ a tbolt)
7. I can't believe I have to point this out: if you're reloading and someone's blindfiring you, don't wait for your gun. Unless you have RS, your waiting is useless.
8. If you're a sniper like me, carry a handgun you're used to. You may opt to use the miniKAL or the OP pistol with the Three-Then-Melee(TM).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 27 of 43 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3509 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

Here are some tips for you people who think that blindfire is OP:

1: Grenade Roll: if someone comes at you, blindfiring like a wild man, simply run away from him and drop a grenade mid-roll. He will either A. Die, which happens about 70% of the times I do this. B. Throw back the grenade, which gives you time to turn around and shoot him while the throwback animation is happening. C. Get downed, which also gives you time to turn around and shoot him. D. Nothing will happen because you timed your grenade badly (it's not hard to get good at though). getting hipfired happens especially in tight places, if I roll, the game often thinks I want to go in cover, so I get in cover instead and get killed, and even if I manage to roll and drop a grenade, hipfire is so accurate that I am dead before it explodes and my opponent even has the time to throw the grenade away...

2. Be aware of your surroundings: never just look one way while running to your next objective. Always be looking to the side and behind you. Not being aware of what's behind or to the side of you is one of the most common ways to be blindfire jumped. If you see people coming, you can get the jump on them. They will be expecting to blindfire, so they will be caught off guard. Also, avoid tight spaces where you can easily get smoked by blindfire. avoid tight spaces, the problem is with this game is that hipfire is so effetive, all those guys are at the tight spaces, of course I can camp in the open spaces, but then I only can wait 20 minutes for no opponent to show up, also some maps only have tight spaces (chateau and desert village), I guess I should ragequit when those maps show up...

3. Use blindfire properly: this feature is in the game for a reason. To fend off enemies who get too close, which in most cases means the people who use blindfire as a playstyle. Although taking down someone with a Kal in a blindfire battle is hard, it's much easier to take down someone using an M9 or AK. Stop aiming and admit that blindfire is a real tactic in these situations, just not a playstyle of blindfire.never, I will never let the game play for me, I perfer dying in the game than getting an undeserved kill...

For those of you who say that blindfire is OP, this just isn't true. Unless I take someone completely off guard, it takes a much longer time to kill someone with blindfire than by aiming. Also, don't be oblivious when it comes to planning. When a map like Desert Village is picked, don't expect to win with a GMAL or Dragon. I would actually encourage using a blindfire weapon on small maps like these, because of all the small spaces where aiming just isn't as useful. But if using blindfire doesn't sit right with you, just stay away from packed areas. You will be killed, hands down. Why? not because blindfire is OP, but because it's far more useful in small areas. We're not supposed to be able to aim kill in every situation. That's why blindfire is in the game. we are not supposed to aim kill in every situation, but we are able to kill with hipfire in every situation except from huge distances, seriously, if I wanted to kill someone with hipfire from 15 metres away I would succeed, just zig-zag hipfire towards me, the annoying sticky aim assist will make it impossible for my opponent to aim at me, and even from the distance I am hipfiring from I hit a lot of bullets...

see above in red ^

Message 28 of 43 (213 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Advice thread? More like blindfire propaganda.
Message 29 of 43 (211 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013
It kinda came off like that to me as well, but he said it's an advice thread, so...
Message 30 of 43 (199 Views)
0 Likes