Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Re: Blindfire Isn't Getting Fixed

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Tack actually posted 4 ways to actually deal with the problem so none of us feel screwed. You just posted the only thing everyone does, no matter what they say.

To deal with the problem? None of them deal with the problem. He listed four different ways to give up hope of anything ever being fixed.

And it's the thing everyone does no matter what ND says, because ND continues to give us the same obvlivious responses to us about their game. The words "no matter what they say" would only apply and have meaning if they had tried multiple tactics to appease us. They have not.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 31 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Nov 14, 2012
"they" would be us in that context, you realize that, right? Also: giving up is a less waste of tine than ranting.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 31 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Nov 14, 2012

You guys are idiots. I don't understand where these complaints about blindfire come from. It's been in the game since Uncharted 1. It was there in Uncharted 2's campaign and MP. It's in Uncharted 3's campaign. You guys don't seem to be complaining about any of that.

Frankly, WHY wouldn't blindfire work the way it does? If I was standing 10 feet from you in real life, do you think I have to aim down the gun sights to actually hit you? You guys are aren't really thinking this through. You guys also represent such a minority in the community and don't realize it. Oooooooh, you got 50 kudos. Let's say there is only 5,000 people playing this game. Great, you have 1% of the people supporting you.

I haven't seen a decent suggestion for what you guys even think would be an appropriate fix. Someone please enlighten me!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 31 (176 Views)
Last Guardian
11017 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Just keep blindfiring ND... don't forget about pressing square...

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 31 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

AlexDarkshield wrote:

[Are] there any plans for blindfire fixes? (B_Smiley)

The balancing for blindfire isn’t something we’re looking at right now. The design is suited to give all players the same benefits when using blindfire. We haven’t changed it since the game shipped and the design was implemented to be what it is so all players could figure out how to best use the blindfire option. Is there something specific you feel is actually broken?

WOW!  Is this a troll response by ND?  This response is scary for two different reasons.  FIrst, if NDI is serious, and they don't understand that blindfire affects the COMP MP MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, then that is downright scarry, borderline negligent. 

Secondly, if NDI is just trolling with this question, then that might be even WORSE.  Either way, it's not good, and makes them look really bad.  If this is their stance, should I invest in furture NDI games? 

NDI needs to do a 100% better job of testing their MP COMP and Co-Op games before retail release.  They need to test them with dedicated fans and use their feed back.  For the first few weeks of retail release alone, they should have ND forumers in hotels and at the studio ON A DAILY BASIS, for immediate feedback by people who ACTUALLY KNOW what they hell is going on IN GAME. 

There is a certain BELLIGERENCE to the above response.  NDI and communication don't mix well.  I still think NDI employees gather around the computer to "MAKE UP" the answers to these questions and have a good belly-laugh at our expense. 

Well played NDI!  Well played!  [It's so sick]. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 31 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 14, 2012

UrWrongImWhite wrote:

You guys are idiots. I don't understand where these complaints about blindfire come from. It's been in the game since Uncharted 1. It was there in Uncharted 2's campaign and MP. It's in Uncharted 3's campaign. You guys don't seem to be complaining about any of that.

Frankly, WHY wouldn't blindfire work the way it does? If I was standing 10 feet from you in real life, do you think I have to aim down the gun sights to actually hit you? You guys are aren't really thinking this through. You guys also represent such a minority in the community and don't realize it. Oooooooh, you got 50 kudos. Let's say there is only 5,000 people playing this game. Great, you have 1% of the people supporting you.

I haven't seen a decent suggestion for what you guys even think would be an appropriate fix. Someone please enlighten me!

You are an idiot for having a racist PSN ID. I won't even bother to address your strawman arguments...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 31 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

UrWrongImWhite wrote:

Really? 

Completely laughable response for anyone that has put serious time into the series.   Sounds like Devil's-Advocate Chicannery.  

In UC2, if you were a blindfire/melee idiot YOU GOT PUNNISHED by folks that looked down their irons.  In UC3, it's the exact opposite...you get punished for looking down your irons.  That's a MAJOR issue, and a distasteful one at that. 

Blindfire is NOOBALICIOUS.  What else is there to say?  It should be a last desparate act of those about to go down, not a viable offenseive tactic, the MAIN tactic for this game. 

It's a joke! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 31 (143 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 31 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I think it's so stupid that they tell us to start a Thread to discuss hacking at the leaderboards so they can decide what they'll do about it, and other important threads such as Taps and Aureilia's machmaking thread and that Blindfire thread they completely ignore! And worse, say they won't do nothing about blindifre.

ND, do you see how ridiculous is your behavior towards the community ?? For God's sakes, it's like rebel children that you can't say anything that gets angry....

We give you feedback so you can improve your game even more, but you choose to neglect us. Now you're losing players instead of maintaining and gaining players. In the end, if you think about it, we're the ones doing favors to you in trying to help and support your game! You're not doing any favors to us, since we can easily move on. But we still believe you, otherwise we would've stopped with the threads and asking you to make some changes. Please think about this and be brave enough to put your face over here and talk to people!

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 31 (125 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Nov 14, 2012

The thing about blindfire is its so easy all you need to do is run in and hold R1 for most people thats not fun ND people leave and play other games because theres nothing more to do theres no skill theres nothing to learn the pro's do this even because theres not much more to do but blindfire.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 31 (113 Views)
0 Likes