Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: Blindfire Isn't Getting Fixed

Nov 14, 2012

UrWrongImWhite wrote:

You guys are idiots. I don't understand where these complaints about blindfire come from. It's been in the game since Uncharted 1. It was there in Uncharted 2's campaign and MP. It's in Uncharted 3's campaign. You guys don't seem to be complaining about any of that. yeah, you try to play uncharted 1 on crushing using only blindfire, you'll never make it... now try the same in UC3 multiplayer, and then suddenly, you have a score of 12 - 6 in team deathmatch...

Frankly, WHY wouldn't blindfire work the way it does? If I was standing 10 feet from you in real life, do you think I have to aim down the gun sights to actually hit you? it's a game, it's not real life, if we were going to compare this to real life, then we might as well not respawn, or if we got hit by an m9 bullet we would already be at deaths door and won't be able to shoot back or walk away, or when a grenade goes of at 10 metres from me, then my ears should break and I can't hear anything for the rest of the match, etc... seriously don't be a fool, a game is supposed to be fun, not to simulate real life...You guys are aren't really thinking this through. You guys also represent such a minority in the community and don't realize it. Oooooooh, you got 50 kudos. Let's say there is only 5,000 people playing this game. Great, you have 1% of the people supporting you. that someone doesn't get kudoes from the whole community of Uncharted is because only a very small percentage of those players actually visits these forums, and I think that 50 kudoes is a lot, revenge threads got around 50 kudoes too, and they did something about that (not what I wanted, but that doesn't matter, at least they tried to nerf it...), so I fail to see why blindfire wouldn't be nerfed...

I haven't seen a decent suggestion for what you guys even think would be an appropriate fix. Someone please enlighten me! look better, your post is dumb, so I'm not gonna bother posting a link...

look above in red

Message 21 of 31 (188 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7252 posts

Nov 14, 2012

UrWrongImWhite is only supporting blindfire because he always does it...........scrub i mean i do it to but not excessively now that's just unacceptable

Sleep Matt signature
Message 22 of 31 (182 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Nov 14, 2012

In last Q and A Eric answered a question about blindfire with a question about what we thought is broken about blindfire, so I decided to message him, under this is the message and the reply of Eric:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hi Eric,

you answered a question from someone about blindfire with a question about what actually is broken about it, I recently created a thread about it (it has over 50 kudoes so I think it's save to say that a lot of people agree) in which I explain why there has to be a change to blindfire, I understand that you are probably busy and don't have time to read such a wall of text, so in case you haven't I will give you a very short explanation of it, but I hope you will read that wall of text:

- You asked in your question what the poster of the question actually found broken of the blindfire, well the answer to that is that blindfire isn't really broken, it's overpowered, blindfire is way more usefull than aiming, with almost every weapon, but preferably the m9, para9 and obviously kal-7. I think that the cause of that is that blindfire is far to accurate, and works from a small distance too. Of course aiming is more accurate then blindfire, but blindfire comes with zig-zagging, the players run all zig-zagging towards you, making it very hard to aim at them, therefore the accuracy of aiming is lower, while the accuracy of blindfire stays the same. As an aimer you can strafe all you want but it has no use to blindfire. Also blindfire comes with another trick: the wack-and-roll, it's a popular name for punching and rolling immediately after that, to prevent receiving damage from a punch from the other player, it's a very cheap tactic to use. So blindfire and the wack-and-roll combined are a very effective tactic, players just run op to you using blindfire while zig-zagging and when they reach you they punch you and immediately roll so they avoid getting punched back, no matter how well you aim, aiming against this will hardly succeed.

- You thought that blindfire is balanced it is the way it is and that all players can use blindfire fairly against each other, but the problem is not blindfire against blindfire, if someone blindfires at me, of course I have the opportunity to just blindfire back, but that's not what I and many other people want, because it is not fun to do, and that is what this game should be all about, but the truth is that every match all players just run up to each other and blindfire each other, the ones who knows the cheap tactics better wins, it has nothing to do with skill.

- Blindfire should be a tool for newcomers to get a kill once in a while, but instead it dominates the game, blindfire should only be usefull when you flank an opponent and want to take him/her out at close range, it should never be succesful when facing an opponent that is trying to aim at you (when that opponent is at least a decent player), there are many ways to solve this, for instance that you only blindfire in the direction you are running, blindfire has an auto-lock-on system of some sorts, that should be removed. An other solution is to increase stopping power when aiming significantly. And another solution might be to make the bullet spread a lot bigger, so that not all bullets hit the opponent when blindfiring. Anyway I don't really care how it gets solved, as long as it doesn't dominate the game anymore. So blindfire needs a nerf along with the wack-and roll tactic that needs to be removed, it makes no sense to punch someone, but cancel the animation by rolling and then the opponent gets punched by nothing, that's weird and unfair, I would call it a glitch, but the opinions on that subject are different. But not on the blindfire subject, a lot of people want really to be done something about it.

I really hope that you do something about it in future patches, I think you're doing great so far and support the game with all the resources and time you have, you are truly my favorite developer and the best one out there, and I hope that it stays that way. Under this is the link to the thread about blindfire, I hope you or someone else at the team gives it a look and talks about it with the others, because it really is worth doing something about it. Hopefully this answered your question and I appreciate an answer (a short answer is fine, I just want to know if you gave it a read), besides, you owe us one, because you answered a question with a question, I answered that question, so you answer mine to bring it back to 10 questions in a month, ok? :smileywink:

Sincerely, a fan named Matthijs

Thanks for the note Matthijs. We don't have any plan to tweak blindfire. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but that's how we are approaching this design matter. It's not a widespread problem.

not a wide spread problem, NOT A WIDESPREAD PROBLEM!!!, just boot up the game and play a match or look at all the blindfire complainments thread in the forums, seriously ND, I like you a lot, but this makes me cry of dissapointment...

Message 23 of 31 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

It's not a widespread problem.

mr.jpg

Message 24 of 31 (168 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7252 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Sleep Matt signature
Message 25 of 31 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

In last Q and A Eric answered a question about blindfire with a question about what we thought is broken about blindfire, so I decided to message him, under this is the message and the reply of Eric:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hi Eric,

you answered a question from someone about blindfire with a question about what actually is broken about it, I recently created a thread about it (it has over 50 kudoes so I think it's save to say that a lot of people agree) in which I explain why there has to be a change to blindfire, I understand that you are probably busy and don't have time to read such a wall of text, so in case you haven't I will give you a very short explanation of it, but I hope you will read that wall of text:

- You asked in your question what the poster of the question actually found broken of the blindfire, well the answer to that is that blindfire isn't really broken, it's overpowered, blindfire is way more usefull than aiming, with almost every weapon, but preferably the m9, para9 and obviously kal-7. I think that the cause of that is that blindfire is far to accurate, and works from a small distance too. Of course aiming is more accurate then blindfire, but blindfire comes with zig-zagging, the players run all zig-zagging towards you, making it very hard to aim at them, therefore the accuracy of aiming is lower, while the accuracy of blindfire stays the same. As an aimer you can strafe all you want but it has no use to blindfire. Also blindfire comes with another trick: the wack-and-roll, it's a popular name for punching and rolling immediately after that, to prevent receiving damage from a punch from the other player, it's a very cheap tactic to use. So blindfire and the wack-and-roll combined are a very effective tactic, players just run op to you using blindfire while zig-zagging and when they reach you they punch you and immediately roll so they avoid getting punched back, no matter how well you aim, aiming against this will hardly succeed.

- You thought that blindfire is balanced it is the way it is and that all players can use blindfire fairly against each other, but the problem is not blindfire against blindfire, if someone blindfires at me, of course I have the opportunity to just blindfire back, but that's not what I and many other people want, because it is not fun to do, and that is what this game should be all about, but the truth is that every match all players just run up to each other and blindfire each other, the ones who knows the cheap tactics better wins, it has nothing to do with skill.

- Blindfire should be a tool for newcomers to get a kill once in a while, but instead it dominates the game, blindfire should only be usefull when you flank an opponent and want to take him/her out at close range, it should never be succesful when facing an opponent that is trying to aim at you (when that opponent is at least a decent player), there are many ways to solve this, for instance that you only blindfire in the direction you are running, blindfire has an auto-lock-on system of some sorts, that should be removed. An other solution is to increase stopping power when aiming significantly. And another solution might be to make the bullet spread a lot bigger, so that not all bullets hit the opponent when blindfiring. Anyway I don't really care how it gets solved, as long as it doesn't dominate the game anymore. So blindfire needs a nerf along with the wack-and roll tactic that needs to be removed, it makes no sense to punch someone, but cancel the animation by rolling and then the opponent gets punched by nothing, that's weird and unfair, I would call it a glitch, but the opinions on that subject are different. But not on the blindfire subject, a lot of people want really to be done something about it.

I really hope that you do something about it in future patches, I think you're doing great so far and support the game with all the resources and time you have, you are truly my favorite developer and the best one out there, and I hope that it stays that way. Under this is the link to the thread about blindfire, I hope you or someone else at the team gives it a look and talks about it with the others, because it really is worth doing something about it. Hopefully this answered your question and I appreciate an answer (a short answer is fine, I just want to know if you gave it a read), besides, you owe us one, because you answered a question with a question, I answered that question, so you answer mine to bring it back to 10 questions in a month, ok? :smileywink:

Sincerely, a fan named Matthijs

Thanks for the note Matthijs. We don't have any plan to tweak blindfire. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but that's how we are approaching this design matter. It's not a widespread problem.

not a wide spread problem, NOT A WIDESPREAD PROBLEM!!!, just boot up the game and play a match or look at all the blindfire complainments thread in the forums, seriously ND, I like you a lot, but this makes me cry of dissapointment...

I love blindfire, good way to take out fleetfooters.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 26 of 31 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Nov 14, 2012

NeVeO wrote:

mr.jpg

Indeed. Eric still haven't checked my PM. What a shame.

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 27 of 31 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2204 posts

Nov 14, 2012

AlexDarkshield wrote:

[Are] there any plans for blindfire fixes? (B_Smiley)

The balancing for blindfire isn’t something we’re looking at right now. The design is suited to give all players the same benefits when using blindfire. We haven’t changed it since the game shipped and the design was implemented to be what it is so all players could figure out how to best use the blindfire option. Is there something specific you feel is actually broken?

Does anyone know any other games where blindfiring from downtown does not get you a kill? 

Does ND love noobs?

tanslation:

"We designed this game so that noobs can easily get kills, and so that UC2 veterns will leave after 2 months, killing the player pool."

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 28 of 31 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 14, 2012

NeVeO wrote:

mr.jpg

Why are you surprised? Eric doesn't even play the game (just look at his stats).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 29 of 31 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

UrWrongImWhite wrote:

You guys are idiots. I don't understand where these complaints about blindfire come from. It's been in the game since Uncharted 1. It was there in Uncharted 2's campaign and MP. It's in Uncharted 3's campaign. You guys don't seem to be complaining about any of that. yeah, you try to play uncharted 1 on crushing using only blindfire, you'll never make it... now try the same in UC3 multiplayer, and then suddenly, you have a score of 12 - 6 in team deathmatch...

Frankly, WHY wouldn't blindfire work the way it does? If I was standing 10 feet from you in real life, do you think I have to aim down the gun sights to actually hit you? it's a game, it's not real life, if we were going to compare this to real life, then we might as well not respawn, or if we got hit by an m9 bullet we would already be at deaths door and won't be able to shoot back or walk away, or when a grenade goes of at 10 metres from me, then my ears should break and I can't hear anything for the rest of the match, etc... seriously don't be a fool, a game is supposed to be fun, not to simulate real life...You guys are aren't really thinking this through. You guys also represent such a minority in the community and don't realize it. Oooooooh, you got 50 kudos. Let's say there is only 5,000 people playing this game. Great, you have 1% of the people supporting you. that someone doesn't get kudoes from the whole community of Uncharted is because only a very small percentage of those players actually visits these forums, and I think that 50 kudoes is a lot, revenge threads got around 50 kudoes too, and they did something about that (not what I wanted, but that doesn't matter, at least they tried to nerf it...), so I fail to see why blindfire wouldn't be nerfed...

I haven't seen a decent suggestion for what you guys even think would be an appropriate fix. Someone please enlighten me! look better, your post is dumb, so I'm not gonna bother posting a link...

look above in red

1) I Challenge ANY and EVERY person on this forum to a game where they use 100% blindfire while I only aim... Using absurd statements like the ones above can't make people take you seriously. ND isn't going to listen to you guys if this is how you argue points. You can't go 2 to 1 in games using only blindfire.

2) How would you LIKE me to reference the idea of me standing 10 feet from you. Just because I added the phrase "in real life" you are trying to make it sound absurd. Ok, pretend I am standing 10 feet from you in a game... Seriously again, stupid arguments like this is why ND doesn't want to deal with the community. My point wasn't about how real it is. My point is about the fact that they are emulating action movies. All the time in action movies people just fire away and the hero hits whatever he wants without aiming.

3) Yeah, that's my point. The number of people that come here IS a small part of the community. But even of the number of people that visit the forums, those 50 are smaller still.

I am sorry you are in such denial and don't realize what a NON-issue blindfire is. They said they wanted the game to be designed this way and it is. You can live with it, or **bleep**. I really don't understand how this became a big deal so late in the game. (no pun intended) The biggest point of all is just that if you can't adapt to the game, then don't play it. That will show ND that they messed up. Seriously though, exactly what sort of game do you guys actually want the game to feel like? If the blindfire was too weak there would be no point to having it in the game.

Try taking this question reasonably seriously instead of trying to make it into an absurdity. If I am standing 10 feet from you WHY WOULD I NEED TO AIM DOWN THE SIGHTS OF THE GUN TO HIT YOU? If you can't give an honest, decent answer, then you don't really have any valid argument as to why blindfire shouldn't work the way it does.

Message 30 of 31 (83 Views)
0 Likes