Highlighted
Nov 22 2012
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 3588 posts

Blindfire + weapon balancing solved with 1 solution!

[ Edited ]
25 replies 340 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

I think it is clear to us all that Naughty Dog doesn't want to fix blindfire, after all, they told us themselves. Neither do they want to do something about the overused m9 (RoF), so maybe I have 1 solution for both: a lot more stopping power for ak47, fal-ss and raffica.

Why? Because the overused long gun is the m9 and the overused handgun is the para9, those are both good at aiming and blindfiring, therefore used the most. However, they don't help against blindfire. If the ak47, fal-ss and raffica get a lot better stopping power, those weapons will be used too, especially by players who hate blindfire (like me), because then you have created an opportunity to counter blindfire and you have created more balanced weapons, not everyone will be running around with a m9 anymore.

Why should Naughty Dog do this:

1) because it isn't a huge change to the gameplay, people can still play how they want to play, by doing this you simply added more playstyles to balance it all out

2) because it isn't hard to fix, just change some numbers, I'm not a game developer but I assume it does not take much work to do, of course there's testing and stuff, but that you do with all changes you make

3) because it's a solution that doesn't needs any tweaks to blindfire and it doesn't need (another) nerf to the m9, or the removal of certain mods (RoF), it's all about giving other weapons a buff, and now everyone can choose how they want to play and aren't forced to blindfire because others do it

Don't evade this topic again Naughty Dog by saying that it isn't a problem that is affecting the whole community, or is making the game unplayable, the G-mal and Revenge didn't make the game unplayable either, and you did something about that too, also their have been tons of blindfire and m9 nerfs threads, mine about blindfire got almost 70 kudoes at the moment of typing this, if you want to make your community really happy (because let's be honest, you're doing a great job at giving us support, but there's always room for improvement), do something about it, and like it or not, this is the only way (or of course just nerf m9 and blindfire, but apparently you don't want that because it's a design in the game...)

I would appreciate it if people reply to keep this thread alive, just like the fantastic support that you gave my last thread, I don't want to beg for kudoes, but the large amount of it that my previous thread received caused Eric to reply in it, we must let Naughty Dog know that this is in fact a huge problem, and it can be solved! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 26 (340 Views)
Wastelander
775 posts

Re: Blindfire + weapon balancing solved with 1 solution!

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I think it is clear to us all that Naughty Dog doesn't want to fix blindfire, after all, they told us themselves. Neither do they want to do something about the overused m9 (RoF), so maybe I have 1 solution for both: a lot more stopping power for ak47, fal-ss and raffica.

I be honest. I don't see any reason to use anything else than M9 and Para9. Well maybe except on maps like Syria, Museum, Graveyard, Sanctuary, Highrise, Train Wreck, Airport and Fort - where usually I playing with G-Mal... but only in TDM.

Team Obj. ? M9 & Para9.

Plunder? 80% of time M9 & Para9.

2v2v2? Obviously same here.

Why should I care about using anything else than Para9 (for example Micro) - when I have great mid to long range gun and perfect blindfiring? 

Why should I care about using FAL if M9 give Me a lot better effects on close combat (blindfire accuracy) and when I aiming on mid range?

Why the hell M9 blindfire accuracy can't be exacly like AK blindfire? 

Why Para9 is better to blindfiring than MIcro?!

Why Kal7's blindfire acc. can't be nerfed at least by 10% and a bit easier to aim? 

Why Kal7 still have ROF and blindfire accuracy when is enough redicilous without them?!

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 2 of 26 (323 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

1) Sidearms shouldn't have stopping power. The Raffica just needs a damage buff (7HK).

2) The G-MAL is underused as well, so it needs more stopping power.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 26 (309 Views)
Wastelander
775 posts

Nov 22, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

1) Sidearms shouldn't have stopping power.

1. Just like blindfire.

2. I guess 15-20% would be ok.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 4 of 26 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Nov 22, 2012
The double nerf killed the g mal for a lot of users, the stopping power nerfs were a knee jerk reaction that didn't solve the problem, so now that they finally toned down the INSANE levels of aim assist and added the recoil ( IMO always the actual problem) the original stopping power could be reinstated to see how it works. Can they only add stopping power when aimed but not blind fired though, previous patches would suggest not
Message 5 of 26 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Nov 22, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

1) Sidearms shouldn't have stopping power. The Raffica just needs a damage buff (7HK).

I agree that the raffica needs a damage buff, but I think stopping power as well, imagine this:
- damage of raffica is buffed to the damage of the para9, but the para9 still blindfires better, so why would people use the raffica?

Those weapons really need more stopping power because then there is a different reason to use them, if you give all the guns the same damage, you might as well not have multiple weapons at all (of course it's not that straight-forward), in my opinion, people should choose the guns that fit their playstyle, not choose the guns that are the most effective, in this case obviously m9 and para9...Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 26 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

Good idea, but its like with NDs blindfire speed nerf - it wont doing that much.

They havent to run&blindfire upon you, they can spamming the R1 button 10m away going left and right and the bullets will still hitting you.

How many fights im lost while aiming my gun against exactly this tactic. Somone standing in the middle of graveyrad, Im coming from lower side and aim my gun and hes just going left and right blindfiring his para - upper trash that can only be fixed through reducing the blindfire lock-on range.

SP doesnt stop them from spamming the R1 button you know.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 7 of 26 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I think the AK needs a little bit more stopping power but the Fal and the Raffica need stopping power big time. Kudos to you.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 8 of 26 (221 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Modifying more than one gun tends to cause issues... But I can see more stopping power in general helping everything, I agree.

Tbh, I think the G-mal only needs a tiny bit more stopping power. It's still the best gun in my opinion, but the M9 is just WAY easier to use.

I don't have an M9 in my loadouts and I preform just fine. I don't know if I have ever had one in my loadouts, that's not to say it's balanced, but if I can survive without it then I think almost anyone else can fight it with what I am working with.

If I can beat it with other weapons, it's not EXTREMELY better than anything else, I think it's still the most popular due to how easy it is to shoot but it doesn't need anything drastic done to alter it.
Message 9 of 26 (202 Views)
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Flawless83 wrote:

Good idea, but its like with NDs blindfire speed nerf - it wont doing that much.

They havent to run&blindfire upon you, they can spamming the R1 button 10m away going left and right and the bullets will still hitting you.

How many fights im lost while aiming my gun against exactly this tactic. Somone standing in the middle of graveyrad, Im coming from lower side and aim my gun and hes just going left and right blindfiring his para - upper trash that can only be fixed through reducing the blindfire lock-on range.

SP doesnt stop them from spamming the R1 button you know.

I agree, but because Naughty Dog keeps thinking that blindfire isn't a problem I really have to try it a different way, and at least with more stopping power, they won't go as fast left and right as usual, making you kill them faster, but I agree that it isn't the best solution, but if we ever hope to reduce blindfire in any way, I think this is the best thing we can go for now Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 26 (199 Views)
0 Likes