Apr 18 2013
By: xINESCAPABLEx Uncharted Territory 1541 posts

Blindfiring with Snipers?

22 replies 484 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

I'm sure everybody has watched at least one video of someone getting some amazing mid air blindfire kill with a tbolt and have wondered how to do it. I know that when I watch it I end up going '(._.) I hate you!' then going on Youtube to watch funny cat videos.

The only thing I've figured out which is the trick I figured out with the TAU is to blindfire for the feet. Does anybody else know of any other tricks? Because I see these people blindfiring a T-Bolt and wonder how on earth they would consider wasting a precious T-Bolt bullet without some kind of trick.

Bang Bang!

Message 1 of 23 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Blindfiring with Snipers?

Apr 18, 2013

It does take alot of luck, I have blindfired T-Bolts before but only on the ground. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 23 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10165 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Speaking as a sniper enthusiast:

It's all on luck. Your chances of hitting someone with a blindfire sniper is slim EVEN if you're point-blank, so people assume it's a thing to be proud about. :smileysad:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 23 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2166 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Depends which videos you are talking about... If you tap L1 really fast while firing, there's an auto-lock on exploit, sometimes it shows the user in the blindfire shooting animation, other times it will look like they aimed, but either way, they never had the dot on you.

Lag can help you with this exploit, and being host makes it slightly harder as it decreases the spread of where the bullet can go.
Pepsi
Message 4 of 23 (453 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Sooooo..... Those montages feature noobs?
Message 5 of 23 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2322 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I'm sure everybody has watched at least one video of someone getting some amazing mid air blindfire kill with a tbolt and have wondered how to do it. I know that when I watch it I end up going '(._.) I hate you!' then going on Youtube to watch funny cat videos.

The only thing I've figured out which is the trick I figured out with the TAU is to blindfire for the feet. Does anybody else know of any other tricks? Because I see these people blindfiring a T-Bolt and wonder how on earth they would consider wasting a precious T-Bolt bullet without some kind of trick.

i did this over a year ago, and i have no clue how or why i did it lol, but it looked nice at least (SKIP TO 1:20):

i really don't think they're are tricks to it, like cod has, i'm pretty sure it's just luck (like a lot of these in this game :smileyindifferent:)

Message 6 of 23 (442 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

@xINESCAPABLEx..

It's a complete mystery to me as well.  The T-bolt is pretty much useless to me because I just can't get the hang of using it (I have some success in coop but comp never affords me the time to line up my shots) and it baffles me how some players seem to be so good at using it (and such quick shots with blindfire, mindboggling).  I long ago resigned myself to playing to my strengths…a good strafing weapon…either AK or M9.  I guess many people consider it cheap but I use Fleet Foot gold mostly since I prefer aiming and it gives me a fighting chance against laggers and chronic blindfirers.

As far as other  tricks are concerned, some of those elude me as well.  Of the Quick Tips series by BIG2KREW, the only one I can use effectively is Bank ‘n’ Boom.  Whack ‘n’ Roll as well as Tap ‘n’ Nade are not in my current bag of tricks.  Tap ‘n’ Nade seems like far too much trouble to learn given the benefits I perceive it delivering (plus, I think these old hands are just not capable of learning that one) but I would really like to master Whack ‘n’ Roll because it is so disheartening losing those CQ battles to a quirk of the game mechanics.

Message 7 of 23 (441 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10165 posts

Apr 18, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@xINESCAPABLEx..

It's a complete mystery to me as well.  The T-bolt it’s pretty much useless to me because I just can't get the hang of using it (I have some success in coop but comp never affords me the time to line up my shots) and it baffles me how some players seem to be so good at using it (and such quick shots with blindfire, mindboggling).  I long ago resigned myself to playing to my strengths…a good strafing weapon…either AK or M9.  I guess many people consider it cheap but I use Fleet Foot gold mostly since I prefer aiming and it gives me a fighting chance against laggers and chronic blindfirers.

As far as other  tricks are concerned, some of those elude me as well.  Of the Quick Tips series by BIG2KREW, the only one I can use effectively is Bank ‘n’ Boom.  Whack ‘n’ Roll as well as Tap ‘n’ Nade are not in my current bag of tricks.  Tap ‘n’ Nade seems like far too much trouble to learn given the benefits I perceive it delivering (plus, I think these old hands are just not capable of learning that one) but I would really like to master Whack ‘n’ Roll because it is so disheartening losing those CQ battles to a quirk of the game mechanics.

Tap a' nade for us slow-reaction peeps:

Use aim dot to aim. Press grenade button. Run like a pansy.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 23 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Hmmm..okay...I'll give that a try...the Quick Tip also mentioned jumping at the same time but maybe I'll forget about that action.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 23 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11231 posts

Apr 18, 2013
It's just luck... these guys tried 100 times to get one of those, they'll lie saying that they did not need that much tries.

Message 10 of 23 (403 Views)
0 Likes