Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

May 30, 2013
^ should put penalities like in uc2, as money and time

but the mist annoying in this game us when they put mixed mode in Team Objectives -_-

team objectives was munch better in uc2

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 71 of 112 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

May 31, 2013

bunshing wrote:
^ should put penalities like in uc2, as money and time

but the mist annoying in this game us when they put mixed mode in Team Objectives -_-

team objectives was munch better in uc2

Yeah, although penalizing money doesn't really matter for those 5th 75 unless they're chasing cash leaderboards. I remember in Starcraft they used to have a disconnect stat wins-losses-disconnects unless I'm imagining things. That way you can tell if someone inflated their KDR by picking their matches.

As far as match modes, I wish they still had Hardcore. Always fun to see how well you do when they remove all the buffs. Then again that wouldn't work very well with their F2P model, you'd just play that to avoid paying ND to level.

Message 72 of 112 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 31, 2013
I wish they at least left it in Customs, y'know, but oh well.

If you want a good quit penalty, give out 10 deaths when someone quits or disconnects.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 73 of 112 (434 Views)
Wastelander
650 posts

May 31, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I wish they at least left it in Customs, y'know, but oh well.

If you want a good quit penalty, give out 10 deaths when someone quits or disconnects.

That's not a good penalty. Stats would be just as fake or even more fake if this was the penalty.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 74 of 112 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 31, 2013
Time isn't a good penalty either. Matchmaking is long enough as it is; I don't want to wait a whole day just to get ONE match where I'm not even sure if I'll get removed for no reason again.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 75 of 112 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

May 31, 2013
Limit the times you can quit a week? Or something. :/

I only really play FFXIV and Smite now a'days.
If you send me a friend request please specify where you're from. Thank.
Sub or just check out my YouTube channel!
Message 76 of 112 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6975 posts

May 31, 2013

Like really, am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't get a quit penalty at all?

Sure have it show up in your stats, count as a loss, and retain your KDR for that round, but anything else is nonsense. Just balance matchmaking to have people quit a lot less. Give parties the priority to find other parties, note I said priority, not only find other parties, match people based on their stats retaining to that mode, plunder captures in plunder, objective points in TO, and KDR in DM modes. Possibly numerous other factors as well.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 77 of 112 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
351 posts

May 31, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Like really, am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't get a quit penalty at all?

Sure have it show up in your stats, count as a loss, and retain your KDR for that round, but anything else is nonsense. Just balance matchmaking to have people quit a lot less. Give parties the priority to find other parties, note I said priority, not only find other parties, match people based on their stats retaining to that mode, plunder captures in plunder, objective points in TO, and KDR in DM modes. Possibly numerous other factors as well.

Well said. Better matchmaking criteria to ensure evenly balanced game is one of the biggest improvements I'd like to see in the next Uncharted.

Criteria based on the mode you are playing would be great. Rather than Plunder captures as you suggested, I'd like to see them use something like average margin of victory/defeat. Let's say you and I have both played and won about the same amount of Plunder matches. You usually win yours handily, whereas I just squeak by. If we end up in a lobby together and you usually beat the other team by 3.4 idols and I usually win by only 1.1 idols, then matchmaking should consider you the stronger player. 

You could do something similar with TO (maybe using rounds won instead of points gained).

Criteria like that could be combined with other stuff like experience (number of games played in that mode, not legacy), KDR, overall W/L record, etc. to improve matchmaking. 

Maybe that average margin of victory/defeat idea is lousy. I don't know. I'm just talking off the top of my head here. But I think matchmaking criteria should definitely be overhauled.

Message 78 of 112 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 31, 2013
What about the people who manipulate games to get people obviously weaker than them?
Message 79 of 112 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6975 posts

May 31, 2013

How would you manipulate games? I mean sure, there will always be alts to mess things up but I can't think of a workaround for that personally.

Just have more criteria for matching people against one another, since simply looking at a players level obviously isn't enough, for both ends. A high level shouldn't be put with all low levels and be expected to carry the team, whereas a low level shouldn't always be underestimated and given the strongest(in terms of level) people in the lobby by default.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 80 of 112 (392 Views)
0 Likes