Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 06/18/2012
Offline
353 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

May 31, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
What about the people who manipulate games to get people obviously weaker than them?

Yep, that's a problem. If you use average margin of victory in Plunder, then you could get people who draw out games and let the other team catch up so their margin of victory doesn't increase. If you use Plunder captures, you could get people who don't want to cap the idol because the more caps they have, the more likely they are to face stronger competition.

 

That's why it's critical to use a combination of criteria so that it's harder for players to manipulate matchmaking. If you use just one factor like legacy, then it's easy for people just to create an alt and bypass the whole system. 

Message 81 of 112 (525 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 1, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
What about the people who manipulate games to get people obviously weaker than them?

Yep, that's a problem. If you use average margin of victory in Plunder, then you could get people who draw out games and let the other team catch up so their margin of victory doesn't increase. If you use Plunder captures, you could get people who don't want to cap the idol because the more caps they have, the more likely they are to face stronger competition.

 

That's why it's critical to use a combination of criteria so that it's harder for players to manipulate matchmaking. If you use just one factor like legacy, then it's easy for people just to create an alt and bypass the whole system. 


For TDM, I think if a person starts doing insanely well after being ranked in a lower tier for a few games, you could promote them to the next tier quickly by rating their recent performance (say past 5-10 games) versus their lifetime performance compared to the average of the tier they're currently in.

 

For example, say I lose my first 10 games on purpose (or create an alt) so that I would be placed into Bronze. Once there I start to "actually" play to troll on less experienced or skilled players. After running 30-0 for 3 games, the system recognizes I'm an outlier and don't belong in that tier, so it automatically promotes to a higher tier. Make it harder to drop down once promoted to discourage me from trying to repeat tanking.

 

You could also have a casual (unranked) mode and a ranked mode. Gives players a chance to practice or warm up before the games start counting.

Message 82 of 112 (503 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 2, 2013

Latest video is a quick "just for fun" let's play. Part 2 should be coming up sometime later today or tomorrow once I have time to edit.

 

Message 83 of 112 (484 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 4, 2013

Finally had time to edit down the next video. 

 

Still Mad Bro: Nerd Rage (Part II)

http://youtu.be/h1jlToJjcn4

 

Think I'll make a sniper montage next... posted some of the footage I collected earlier today at the end of the video (6:22). Never made one before, if anyone has any experience or tips to share, please let me know.

Message 84 of 112 (469 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/09/2013
Offline
4945 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 4, 2013
CritRate, I've seen the sniper users go up as of late. I think you're to blame Smiley Mad
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 85 of 112 (455 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7083 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 4, 2013

Good, less people using the M9.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 86 of 112 (452 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 5, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
CritRate, I've seen the sniper users go up as of late. I think you're to blame Smiley Mad

Great! I could use the ammo.

 

Yeah I've also noticed more DS users lately. At least they have to aim... [most of the time]

Message 87 of 112 (431 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 5, 2013
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You mean *I* could use the ammo. I have the MARSDrag and yet it runs out.

I blame my friends for making the Raff popular. Goddamn it guys. MY GUN.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 88 of 112 (426 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/25/2013
Offline
378 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You mean *I* could use the ammo. I have the MARSDrag and yet it runs out.

I blame my friends for making the Raff popular. Goddamn it guys. MY GUN.

I don't have to worry about that with the Tau... 

Message 89 of 112 (412 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Boosters/Medals & Sniper Guide Videos by CritRate

Jun 6, 2013
^ man, just when I started using the Tau...
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 90 of 112 (409 Views)
Reply
0 Likes