Wastelander
832 posts

Re: Boosters Stacking Behavior - Patch 1.18

Nov 3, 2013

I just entirely switched my loadouts to non-stacking anymore cause I thought it was weird but had no idea it would stick until like 5 minutes later. :smileyvery-happy:

Other then that, I can see why some people would be upset with the whole team safe thing, it was never a main staple of my plays but I would use it every now and then.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 50 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Nov 4, 2013

The moving of the booster slots is the one thing in this update that has really irritated me....I mean, I don't recall too many people complaining about the boosters and what slots they were in...

My biggest issue is that now it seems most people are using regen in slot 2 and creating bullet sponges everywhere.  Can't blame them though....There really isn't much left in slot 2 that is very useful.

It's just frustating....I pour half a clip into somebody while they zig-zag run at me....Then they roll, hit me with like one bullet and kill me with one punch.  I know half of it is lag....But lag mixed with regen is just a bad combination.

Just not sure what the rationale was for moving the boosters around.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 50 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Nov 4, 2013
Hey ND, I'm going to keep using double beast mode with the speed mask on until you force it out of my hands. I need something to combat against the heavy laggers you allow on your game.
I think laggers need more addressing than double booster users. How about cracking down on laggers, or make a regional multiplayer option. Lord knows how many times I get killed after successfully ducking or getting behind a wall by someone with clan tags of other countries.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 50 (180 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 4, 2013

@yodude…

ND claims there’s nothing they can do…so apparently you’ll be able to roll with Double Beast Mode for good (or you screw up and change Slot 1 by mistake).

I would have kept in my back pocket to use against laggers or chest campers but alas, I did not actually have Beast Mode assigned in any of my loadouts when the patch came….which is probably for the best, it would have been too tempting to use.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 50 (170 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Nov 4, 2013
No, the problem is the gigantic problem UC3 has with laggers. Booster stacking actually gives you a chance against players that can still manage to pick you off after you've successfully hidden behind a wall for a full 3 seconds. If you want something legitimate to complain about, complain about laggers and lag switching.
I just played a lab map where my team jumped to a pretty high lead. Then I get chosen as the marked man and get out down 3 times in a row by the same person, all within a matter of 5 seconds (tell me how that's fair). At least the double boosters gives us a chance at people who get a kick out of cheating to win
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 50 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3854 posts

Nov 4, 2013

yodude2002 wrote:
Hey ND, I'm going to keep using double beast mode with the speed mask on until you force it out of my hands. I need something to combat against the heavy laggers you allow on your game.
I think laggers need more addressing than double booster users. How about cracking down on laggers, or make a regional multiplayer option. Lord knows how many times I get killed after successfully ducking or getting behind a wall by someone with clan tags of other countries.

Atleast your honest. Lag is more bs than some pseudo-leprechaun.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 50 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 4, 2013

@yodude…

Don’t get me wrong.  I share your frustration.  I’m not sure I’d have the willpower to resist using it…especially in Plunder since, in my opinion, that mode’s gameplay is the most broken/affected by the lagger/tryhard double whammy.  I suspect that if the option had been open to me, I would have used the double booster to start all Plunder matches so that it was ready to go as soon as it became clear the laggers and tryhards were out in force.  I’m kind of relieved that I don’t have the option.

A group of my friends (one of them did have Beast Mode in a loadout when the patch came out) tried it out in a custom match to see the effect and it is nothing short of spectacular.  Strangely, the double effect sometimes doesn’t kick in until after the first time you’ve died.  The astounding speed combined with the ability to melee someone with the idol is truly remarkable.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 50 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3969 posts

Nov 4, 2013
ND claims there's nothing they can do? Really? Fail so hard.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 50 (148 Views)
Fender Bender
3969 posts

Nov 4, 2013
I just figured out there's a silver lining to the Explosive Shell Expert in slot 2. At least I can use it (which is overpowered) and counter the boaster stackers and I don't get completely screwed over by the patch.

Fight fire with fire.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 50 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3969 posts

Nov 4, 2013
I'll even go as far as saying that if that was the intended purpose of switching ESE to slot 2, because they knew this booster stacking problem was coming, then that is an acceptable short term solution.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 50 (130 Views)
0 Likes