Nov 02 2013
By: Two00IbofBooty Splicer 49 posts

Bring Back Grenade Throw Backs for Mega and Cluster Bombs!

14 replies 343 views Edited Nov 2, 2013

Patch 1.18 is great and all but this has to be my biggest complaint. They took away the only defense anyone has against a megabomb. I honestly don't mind the cluster bomb change that much because the blast radius isn't that instantly dangerous  but come on! Really ND? Who asked for this? Is it because it's too hard to get a kill thanks to the throwback option? That's ridiculous because we've worked around that thanks to Big2Krew. I love my megabomb but I don't want to feel cheap using it and I'm pretty sure we all feel the same. Change it back! There's always something bad in a patch that NOBODY asked for. Please fix this ASAP! 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Re: Bring Back Grenade Throw Backs for Mega and Cluster Bombs!

Nov 2, 2013

Sorry if I sound too angry. This just frustrates me too much. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2846 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Now MB and CB actually have value. I say leave it. 10+ earned medals shouldn't be so easily countered with one simple press of the triangle button.
http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (277 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Two00IbofBooty wrote:

Sorry if I sound too angry. This just frustrates me too much. 

I dont think your red angry face avatar helps you with that :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Nov 3, 2013

I think this is for the better honestly, sure it kinda sucks you can't throw them back, it was FUN throwing them back in dodgeball. :smileytongue:

But now at least it totally won't be wasted when you have those 10 (or 9 medals now with bargin lvl 2) and you throw the grenade, poof someone threw it back like 20 meters away and wasn't even near it. 

So I'll just run away as fast as I can now when one of those heads my way. :smileylol:

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (236 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16995 posts

Nov 3, 2013
I understand why they made the change, but that doesn't mean I like it very much. Sure, you'd work your way up getting your Mega/Cluster Bomb, only to have it thrown back at you, but that made you strategize and throw them at walls to make sure they didn't get thrown back.

Now, if a Mega Bomb is thrown at your feet, you might as well give up, since there's nothing you can do about it anymore. Mega/Cluster Bombs have turned into throw-and-forget weapons that will be overused because they can't be countered on a consistent basis anymore.

Again, I understand why they did it, but I don't like it.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (231 Views)
Wastelander
832 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
I understand why they made the change, but that doesn't mean I like it very much. Sure, you'd work your way up getting your Mega/Cluster Bomb, only to have it thrown back at you, but that made you strategize and throw them at walls to make sure they didn't get thrown back.

Now, if a Mega Bomb is thrown at your feet, you might as well give up, since there's nothing you can do about it anymore. Mega/Cluster Bombs have turned into throw-and-forget weapons that will be overused because they can't be countered on a consistent basis anymore.

Again, I understand why they did it, but I don't like it.

Now you can't play catch anymore with the big 

morshu_hd_2013_by_jackers666-d6b0zas.png

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Nov 3, 2013

LOL. I tried to find an AVATAR that mostly resembled my youtube channel avatar. Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/200PoundsOfBeauty/videos

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (203 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1103 posts

Nov 3, 2013

You cannot throw back an RPG or a Hammer shot either. It's a kickback and it's meant to give you an advantage. It was a good decision in my opinion.

Nothing was worse than throwing a "teamsafed" mega/cluster bomb into a hill in team objectives just to have it thrown back at you without teamsafe, killing your teammates and maybe even yourself.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (187 Views)
Fender Bender
2846 posts

Nov 3, 2013
Like I said, MB and CB finally have value. When all of the,other offensive KBs get instant gratification, MB and CB needed careful planning to avoid,throwback. Resulting in a weak KB that just wasn't being used.

Pressing triangle while 10+ meters away and facing the wrong direction is too easy. It's ridiculous that reg grenades get tossed back so easily. Let alone my hard earned KB nade.

Maybe add a perk to a booster like EE or TS allows KB grenade throw back. Probably too late for that though. Final patch is final. :smileyhappy:
http://YouTube.com/0oBLiTZoo
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (174 Views)