Welcoming Committee
13057 posts

Re: Bring Back Grenade Throw Backs for Mega and Cluster Bombs!

Nov 3, 2013

To be honest. Why should MB and CB be able to be thrown back when every other kickback has a defensive or offensive outcome? They either save you or kill someone. CB and MB were doing more harm than good to most users getting killed by their own kickbacks, so much for a reward.

I never used either one for those reasons. Plus I guess I kinda prefer Gotcha anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (6,460 Views)
Last Guardian
11028 posts

Nov 3, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

You cannot throw back an RPG or a Hammer shot either. It's a kickback and it's meant to give you an advantage. It was a good decision in my opinion.

This. Cluster Bombs are very easy to evade (for me anyway...), Mega Bombs are just laggy, their range are way too high and i think we should be able to throw Mega Bombs back.

But still, when i played this game after 1.18 came out, people were still using Quick Boom, not Mega/Cluster Bomb, so i didn't see any difference, actually, i'd rather be killed by a Mega/Cluster, QBs are so cheap.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (6,451 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2376 posts

Nov 4, 2013

renatabls wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

You cannot throw back an RPG or a Hammer shot either. It's a kickback and it's meant to give you an advantage. It was a good decision in my opinion.

This. Cluster Bombs are very easy to evade (for me anyway...), Mega Bombs are just laggy, their range are way too high and i think we should be able to throw Mega Bombs back.

But still, when i played this game after 1.18 came out, people were still using Quick Boom, not Mega/Cluster Bomb, so i didn't see any difference, actually, i'd rather be killed by a Mega/Cluster, QBs are so cheap.

Especially if you use TS evading a cluster is very easy.

I don't mind being killed by a MB either it's what it is. The Blast radius is exactly what the name says 'Mega' :smileytongue:

Myself, SteepMatt, Psyshock & another forum member were playing on Friday & we came across a few QB users who failed to kill us with their QB because of the reduced timer plus I was using TS so I didn't get knocked down by his nadee so he couldn't finish me off & by the time he realized I was still alive the time on his KB was finished, it was so funny to hear one of them raging after the match about how useless QB has become. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (6,434 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 4, 2013

Yeah…I can’t say that I’m broken up about the removal of throwback.  My strategy was always to evade and it’s nice that my hard earned kickback is no longer so easy to counter.  Between the timer and the ludicrous throwback radius, it was frustrating.  Bank and Boom might make it even more difficult to counter but in many cases, it also reduces the effectiveness of the kickback (when thrown against a vertical surface as opposed to a horizontal surface which is not always available).

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (6,414 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6798 posts

Nov 4, 2013
I regret to inform you that this will not be changed. Many people in the community asked for no throwbacks on kickback grenades and they now have it. This makes the grenades actually have value now
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (6,397 Views)