Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Bring Back Hardcore

Mar 23, 2013
I would like to see classic alongside hardcore too but I don't see it happening, it would split the match grouping up and such. If anything I would want hardcore to rotate with classic for example when voting first map could be classic second map could be hardcore. Or maybe every few weeks classic gets switched and back again in another few.
Message 11 of 48 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Killer-B2482 wrote:
I don't care about classic, its just uc2, if I wanted to play that I would, and I do every once in a while. Learn to adapt to blindfire + melee? How do you adapt to impossibly accurate shots followed by a 3 meter away punch.

Nope. They didn't do a good job of classic mode. I thought it was supposed to be like Uncharted 2.. It's nothing like it, the horrid recoil, the awful gun balance still remains.

Uncharted 2 had great balance.

Hardcore is balanced well towards the other end of the scale and actually did work well in U3 though. Classis needs more fixes than Hardcore did.

Message 12 of 48 (283 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 23, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Hey man. I keep telling you, people like Classic mode and we shouldn't kill it, despite their sucessful effort to do the opposite of what I'm trying to say here.

Seriously. We can have HC WITHOUT killing Classic.

I agree, I didn't like HC, but if enough people want it, ND should go for it while keeping Classic in. But let's not forget that there was a massive outcry for Classic to replace HC, so it's not ND's fault.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 13 of 48 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Kudoed. It would be awesome to be able to play HC competitively again.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 14 of 48 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Mar 24, 2013

hardcore felt more in place rather than classic. As of right now, Classic feels like a subpar UC2 and to me is extremely booring. I remember the only thing I hated in HC were the treasures which isn't a problem with the mode itself exactly... other than that it was pretty fun when I played.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 15 of 48 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

No, I don't want Hardcore mode to come back. It was a boring half-assed attempt at pleasing the UC2 vets.

Also it's far too late to request stuff like this.

Message 16 of 48 (235 Views)
Last Guardian
8957 posts

Mar 24, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Classic was pretty much UC2. Why didn't you guys just play that then?

With better/higher health. Uncharted 2 feels just too slow paced with fast deaths so nty. I like the Classic mode better than HC, but HC>Elimination. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 17 of 48 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Mar 24, 2013

tack129 wrote:

No, I don't want Hardcore mode to come back. It was a boring half-assed attempt at pleasing the UC2 vets.

and classic isn't?

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 18 of 48 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tack129 wrote:

and classic isn't?

Well to me Hardcore took out every single main element that made the MP interesting and fun. What made it even more boring was the health increase on top of it.

Classic mode was introduced at a good time when they had the resources and the player pool. The demand for Classic Mode was far higher than the current demand for hardcore mode.

Re-introducing Hardcore mode now would be pointless and would take away resources from TLoU and their upcoming PS4 project since the UC3 dev team consists of only a few individuals. They would rather focus on pushing out labs and DLC than re-introducing old game modes. Especially modes that the majority don't want to play.

Message 19 of 48 (218 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Mar 24, 2013
Hey tack you spoke just like Eric, talking about resources and stuff. Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 48 (200 Views)
0 Likes