Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Bring Back Hardcore

Mar 24, 2013
It's like Classic isn't as dead as HC.

Seriously. You guys got your half-arsed UC2 TDM "with UC3 twists" at the expense of a mode I liked, because none of you (except tap) realized people also like HC.

"Oh HC is dead, let's kill it" It wasn't dead. It's as alive as Classic is right now.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 21 of 48 (274 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5219 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

I wasn't saying that Hardcore mode was dead rather I found it to be far more unenjoyable than the current classic mode.

I was here since UC2 1.02. I honestly thought that HC mode was a half-assed and bland attempt at trying to please UC2 vets. I understand why you guys prefer it but tbh people like myself didn't like it. My friends refused to touch hardcore mode after a while except maybe one or two people. They much rather play other modes such as Team Objectives, Plunder or TDM.

I'm stating why I don't like hardcore mode and why I don't want to see it. I don't want to go back to UC2. It's dead to me except for co-op modes but even then I would have to find friends to play with if I ever wanted to play co-op in that game since there's no one playing those modes.

If it makes you feel any better I'll state some positives about it.

- 3 hit melee
- No weapon mods such as Callout or RoF
- No power plays
- Throwbacks

That would probably be it as far as I'm concerned. My point still stands that I don't like Hardcore mode.

Message 22 of 48 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013
So because you don't like HC mode, we should just scrap it? What about people who like it? We don't even HAVE a custom game version where we can use Character guns.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 48 (252 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5219 posts

Mar 24, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
So because you don't like HC mode, we should just scrap it? What about people who like it? We don't even HAVE a custom game version where we can use Character guns.

Yes I don't like it, I have no desire to play a mode that has the personality of a Elcor with a boring sense of humour (although I like Elcors)

Based on what ND has said in their past Q&As they don't have the resources nor the desire to implement it back in. If they were to bring it back in then there is no harm. I still won't be playing it though.

Message 24 of 48 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7086 posts

Mar 24, 2013

so hardcore wasn't popular so it needed to be replaced?

Basically all classic did was go 2 steps forward...and exactly 2 steps back. It still lacks variety with no kickbacks or power plays which is good but also everyone has the same weapons essentially. And although hardcore seemed like it was there to appeal to UC2 vets, so is classic and well both came out with basically the same results in different ways...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 25 of 48 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013

tack129 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Yes I don't like it, I have no desire to play a mode that has the personality of a Elcor with a boring sense of humour (although I like Elcors)

Based on what ND has said in their past Q&As they don't have the resources nor the desire to implement it back in. If they were to bring it back in then there is no harm. I still won't be playing it though.

See, what the hell's the problem. You're okay with it if they bring it back. Nobody's asking you to play it. So why the hell disagree with having Classic and HC at the same time?

Message 26 of 48 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5219 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

so hardcore wasn't popular so it needed to be replaced?

Basically all classic did was go 2 steps forward...and exactly 2 steps back. It still lacks variety with no kickbacks or power plays which is good but also everyone has the same weapons essentially. And although hardcore seemed like it was there to appeal to UC2 vets, so is classic and well both came out with basically the same results in different ways...

Well I wouldn't know the stats on how many played Hardcore mode and how many play classic mode. I can't really say on population. I am allowed to present my opinion on the modes. Even if you disagree with it.

Classic mode was much closer to what UC2 vets wanted since the announcement of the Summer Beta back in June 2011. They wanted to go further by removing sprint which would have made it a step back IMO.

You know what yes I'll admit that classic mode should have been better implemented. There's a thread about the current classic mode ideas and suggestions there in which I suggested ideas on how to improve it. I talked to some people and what could have been done to improve it further.

I would have liked throwbacks to be enabled so that I can avoid Revenge nades and maybe have some exclusive classic mode boosters that were of a similar caliber to boosters in UC2 such as Rapid-Hands, Down-the-Irons, Extended Clip etc.

However as far as I'm concerned I've already stated why I prefer classic mode over hardcore mode.

TheStuntDouble wrote:

tack129 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

See, what the hell's the problem. You're okay with it if they bring it back. Nobody's asking you to play it. So why the hell disagree with having Classic and HC at the same time?

I changed my mind after giving it some thought but I still wouldn't play it as I still don't enjoy it. It's whether ND wants to do it which I have a feeling they don't want to do.

If they do it however, what is it to say that they decided to go ahead and do what they did last time and replace Classic Mode with Hardcore mode?

That I would have a problem with.

Message 27 of 48 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013

tack129 wrote:

I changed my mind after giving it some thought but I still wouldn't play it as I still don't enjoy it. It's whether ND wants to do it which I have a feeling they don't want to do.

If they do it however, what is it to say that they decided to go ahead and do what they did last time and replace Classic Mode with Hardcore mode?

That I would have a problem with.

Don't worry. All I wanted is HC back. No Classic removal (possibly implement the Tap's playlist idea thing as well, because that's cool).

If they remove it, I got Classic's back. They don't need the **bleep** HC got.

Message 28 of 48 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 24, 2013
I probably should make my own thread about this.
Message 29 of 48 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Mar 25, 2013

I doubt you'll see HC return, doesn't fit the F2P business model: why pay to unlock levels when I can just be equal at the start?

Message 30 of 48 (171 Views)
0 Likes