Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Re: Bring Back Hardcore

Mar 26, 2013
I'd work like how Objective worked in UC2, soo.....

Museum- HC
Yemen - Classic
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 41 of 48 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Also note I never got into UC2, I only played for like a weekend then stopped. For I only rented the game. So I actually don't know how that works.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 42 of 48 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Of course, sorry,

Voting screen would be this:

Museum -HC
Yemen -Classic

Elimination might show later.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 43 of 48 (251 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I wouldn't want to gamble on playing between the modes I like/dislike :smileyfrustrated: already have to put up with that in TO with Deathmatch and in co-op arena...

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 44 of 48 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Extra modes would kinda kill the modes more than it would help them, bro.
Message 45 of 48 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I agree that extra modes is crazy. I'm not saying it was a good idea to literally have 10 different game modes in UC3. I can kinda agree on co-op being grouped together entirely and having the people decide what to pick themselves seeing as most people play together anyway, but grouping competitive matches together seems like a bad idea in my opinion no matter how similar they are. Throw them all in custom games sure, but I don't want to be forced to play classic when I want to play elimination, or play hardcore, when I want to play regular TDM, and so on so forth.

Just hopefully for 4, ND picks and chooses only a handful of modes and improves those and doesn't decide to add 5 more later in the lifespan...

True Balance:
Message 46 of 48 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Mar 26, 2013

HC was terrible.  classic is a little less terrible. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 47 of 48 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Mar 26, 2013
That's your opinion. My opinion is that HC got replaced with what seems to me is a crappy version of UC2 TDM.

Although like I said in all the posts I made about HC, they can coexist, so you can keep your UC2 TDM while I keep my bullet sponge TDM.
Message 48 of 48 (80 Views)
0 Likes