Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 16 2013
By: Cherry_Ronde Hekseville Citizen 324 posts
Offline

Bullets disappearing?

11 replies 229 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

Can someone explain to me how I'm able to shoot someone in the head with a MAG-5 without them dying? I could hear the headshot sound so I definitely hit him in the head. Okay if he drops down seconds later (I'm used to that), but he didn't die at all. 

Message 1 of 12 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 16, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Can someone explain to me how I'm able to shoot someone in the head with a MAG-5 without them dying? I could hear the headshot sound so I definitely hit him in the head. Okay if he drops down seconds later (I'm used to that), but he didn't die at all. 


was he in cover and was his head sticking out above cover?

 

because if so, that is when such things happen to me, with the dragon sniper it appears to be the only weapon that is capable of killing someone in cover when aiming at his head when it sticks out of cover, other weapons just give a headshot sound like you described, but not a kill, it's indeed very annoying, but like all those other things that needs fixing, Naughty Dog just won't do it...

Message 2 of 12 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 16, 2013

He was in cover but his head was sticking out.

Message 3 of 12 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/01/2010
Online
3538 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 16, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

He was in cover but his head was sticking out.


Still usually does not give you a kill. I have this problem constantly with the Gmal. It's rather annoying. Give people in cover protection, sure, but don't give me a hitmarker if it's not doing anything!

Do you feel me?

Message 4 of 12 (207 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 16, 2013

That's funny because I get shot behind cover all the time. I even get melee killed when I have the Riot Shield and I'm backing away from the opponent.

Message 5 of 12 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 16, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

That's funny because I get shot behind cover all the time. I even get melee killed when I have the Riot Shield and I'm backing away from the opponent.


it's lag yesterday I got shot through a wall, I threw a cluster bomb twice in TO last night neither denoted.

 

 

Message 6 of 12 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/29/2011
Online
3557 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

I hate when that happens. You never know did you actually hit 'em or not, even if you hear the sound of hitting them in the head.

 




Message 7 of 12 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10109 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 16, 2013
Konda related: Some time ago I T-Bolted someone who was in cover but his fingers were sticking out because of how the character holds the gun.

Awesome, right? Now think if you're the guy hiding. I'm not saying getting shot behind cover should be removed, but **bleep** if a sniper can do it, so can ANY weapon.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 12 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 17, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Can someone explain to me how I'm able to shoot someone in the head with a MAG-5 without them dying? I could hear the headshot sound so I definitely hit him in the head. Okay if he drops down seconds later (I'm used to that), but he didn't die at all. 


was he in cover and was his head sticking out above cover?

 

because if so, that is when such things happen to me, with the dragon sniper it appears to be the only weapon that is capable of killing someone in cover when aiming at his head when it sticks out of cover, other weapons just give a headshot sound like you described, but not a kill, it's indeed very annoying, but like all those other things that needs fixing, Naughty Dog just won't do it...



Matt, last week, I killed a guy with a Mag 5 headshot when he was in cover, so I guess it's sometimes possible. Still, most of the time it doesn't seem to register your shot, which is really quite annoying.

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 9 of 12 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: Bullets disappearing?

Apr 17, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Can someone explain to me how I'm able to shoot someone in the head with a MAG-5 without them dying? I could hear the headshot sound so I definitely hit him in the head. Okay if he drops down seconds later (I'm used to that), but he didn't die at all. 


was he in cover and was his head sticking out above cover?

 

because if so, that is when such things happen to me, with the dragon sniper it appears to be the only weapon that is capable of killing someone in cover when aiming at his head when it sticks out of cover, other weapons just give a headshot sound like you described, but not a kill, it's indeed very annoying, but like all those other things that needs fixing, Naughty Dog just won't do it...



Matt, last week, I killed a guy with a Mag 5 headshot when he was in cover, so I guess it's sometimes possible. Still, most of the time it doesn't seem to register your shot, which is really quite annoying.

 


I never had that, was it low cover? and were you shooting from right in front of him? not from the sides?

Message 10 of 12 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes