Jun 04 2011
By: pro_ballin2132 Hekseville Citizen 367 posts

Bunny Hopping in Uncharted 3....

90 replies 78 views Edited Jun 4, 2011

It needs to be taken out entirely. Plain and simple. U2 loses all respect when you see everyone jumping around like a bunch of retarded monkeys trying to avoid fire and succeeding at it. Just make it where you cannot jump unless you are actually near something you can climb on to. Or you could just nerf it severely, but I like the idea of taking it out entirely.

Thoughts? 

Message 1 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

if you have good aim it is no problem, I dont do it but i...

Jun 4, 2011
if you have good aim it is no problem, I dont do it but it personally doesnt bother me. Its one of those things that makes the game unique and gives it that extra depth. I'd understand why you may not like it however its very useful when your put in a tough position
Message 2 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

I don't have a problem with it, in terms of killing the b...

Jun 4, 2011

I don't have a problem with it, in terms of killing the bunnyhopper. It used to throw me for a loop, before I realized that a quick grenade will take care of it quickly, and that they really are not particularly difficult to hit if your aim is good. Don't just spray your weapon; strafe, and follow their progression in bursts, and it's easy.

But, I agree with you. It looks silly and is a pretty dumb tactic that's become way too commonplace.

Luckily, it's easily remedied. Even making everyone jump like the female skins (that is, a slight delay between each leap) would fix the problem pretty effectively.

Message 3 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

well, sorry to tell you, but if you look at the IGN Hunte...

Jun 4, 2011
well, sorry to tell you, but if you look at the IGN Hunters video, at about 1:06, you can see that bunny hopping is still very much a part of Uncharted.
doesn't really bother me though. I always thought it was a good counter to rolls being utterly useless.
Message 4 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

I think UC loses all respect when it accommodates people...

Jun 4, 2011

pro_ballin2132 wrote:

It needs to be taken out entirely. Plain and simple. U2 loses all respect when you see everyone jumping around like a bunch of retarded monkeys trying to avoid fire and succeeding at it. Just make it where you cannot jump unless you are actually near something you can climb on to. Or you could just nerf it severely, but I like the idea of taking it out entirely.

Thoughts? 

I think UC loses all respect when it accommodates people with this kind of request. It's sickening how people want the game lowered to their level (weapon damage/health etc) rather than improving their aim and skill.

You don't deserve a kill just because you saw someone. You don't. Simple as that. If they escape you by jumping, 180, and kill you, I think you should instead get 50 unluckies and have your PS3 explode, personally.

Message 5 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4854 posts

I agree with what both of you are saying to a degree but...

Jun 5, 2011

Bioshock wrote:

pro_ballin2132 wrote:

Thoughts? 

I think UC loses all respect when it accommodates people with this kind of request. It's sickening how people want the game lowered to their level (weapon damage/health etc) rather than improving their aim and skill.

You don't deserve a kill just because you saw someone. You don't. Simple as that. If they escape you by jumping, 180, and kill you, I think you should instead get 50 unluckies and have your PS3 explode, personally.

I agree with what both of you are saying to a degree but good grief, not only are you two over reacting on something small like bunny hopping (which you can counter) but to wish that their PS3s explode when they press X is just plain offensive to those that got the YLOD. No one deserves to have their PS3s explode no matter what they did.

Message 6 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5842 posts

I agree that it needs to be seriously nerfed. It's broken...

Jun 5, 2011

I agree that it needs to be seriously nerfed. It's broken, looks stupid and makes players with subpar internet connections far too difficult to hit with a normal weapon no matter how good your aim is. I really doubt ND meant for bunny hopping to be the easiest way to avoid death (even over rolling or taking cover) when they developed the game, so it's basically an exploit that needs rebalancing. I won't lie and say that I don't use it to my advantage on a regular basis, but it's still really stupid that players can keep jumping back and forth at 180-degree angle changes with absolutely no pauses in animations. The same goes for players who climb onto short pieces of cover and immediately jump off in an awkward direction, thus throwing off the reticle of the player shooting at them.

Message 7 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Take out bunny hopping? Why in the world would Naughty Do...

Jun 5, 2011

Take out bunny hopping? Why in the world would Naughty Dog do something to make their game balanced?Comon use logic here.

Message 8 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

no i think sprinting in uncharted 3 is talking over bunny...

Jun 5, 2011

no i think sprinting in uncharted 3 is talking over bunny hopping so you can get a away from bullets faster

Message 9 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

What they should do is disable shooting when the characte...

Jun 5, 2011

What they should do is disable shooting when the character jumps, but have it enable after a certain amount of time in the air, so a player cant bunny hop (jump and shoot) but can shoot whilst he/she jumps off/is falling from a height (like the roofs of those hangars we see in the Hunter Mode Trailer). Though accuracy when in mid-air should be near to zero, also no OTS & scoping in the air.

Message 10 of 91 (78 Views)
0 Likes